Nika’s graduation day | The Boneyard

Nika’s graduation day

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
After watching this video, I can only conclude there is no way in hell that the Storm will cut Nika. As Geno told her, “It will take you one day to figure out what they need you to do.” Evidently the Storm needed a passionate, intense leader, who is not afraid to wear her emotions on her sleeve.

It is remarkable that in just a few weeks everyone in Seattle appears to have already fallen in love with Nika, something that took a few years to occur for everyone in Connecticut. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After watching this video, I can only conclude there is no way in hell that the storm will cut Nika. As Geno told her, “It will take you one day to figure out what they need you to do.” Evidently the Storm need a passionate, intense leader, who is not afraid to wear her emotions on her sleeve.

It is remarkable that in just a few weeks everyone in Seattle appears to have already fallen in love with Nika, something that took a few years to occur for everyone in Connecticut. :)
For that leader to come from a rookie amongst superstars like Skylar and Nneka is even more impressive. Cannot wait to see her reunite with Lou, Dorka, and Aaliyah in future games.

Reaction Score
We all know how important relationships are to Nika and this right here coupled with all the love the fan base in Seattle is showing her says she has found a new home. There has always been something about Nika that transcends what she does on the court. She exudes a grateful joy and love of life that is just infectious. Beyond happy for her!

Reaction Score
So cool, it seems like she is IN with her Seattle teammates and coach. Can't wait for the fans to see her play. Next Tuesday will be great, as I get to see my Sun go against CC, followed by Dorka, Pheesa and the Lynx going against Nika and the Storm at 10:00.
Yep. I got the same vibe. Nika is just such an incredible person. Such a great moment for her and mad respect for Seattle.

Reaction Score
So cool, it seems like she is IN with her Seattle teammates and coach. Can't wait for the fans to see her play. Next Tuesday will be great, as I get to see my Sun go against CC, followed by Dorka, Pheesa and the Lynx going against Nika and the Storm at 10:00.
Yes I'm looking forward to the Sun going against the Fever and Katie Lou.

Reaction Score
Coach, I mean Chancellor Quinn seemed to be having a ball. She has really grown since her early days with the clipboard. Much more comfortable in her coaching skin. Stunning that they could pull this off. Complete buy-in by everyone -- coaches, players, staff. I loved the post-Commencement hugathon.

Reaction Score
The Storm just traded Jade Melbourne to the Mystics so looking really solid for Nika making the final roster. Jade was the (a) backup PG last year as a rookie. She and Nika appeared to have developed a nice friendship despite competing for a roster spot. No doubt Nika will give Aaliyah a heads up to give her a warm welcome!

Reaction Score
There's no way they'd do all this just to cut her in a few days. What a nice gesture on the part of the Storm.
Yeah right? Can’t cut her now that would just be cruel and weird. When I first heard about this, I just blew it off at first because I thought that is nice that her former teammates flew there to present her with her diploma… nice and crazy of the Storm to do this… above and beyond!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The Storm just traded Jade Melbourne to the Mystics so looking really solid for Nika making the final roster. Jade was the (a) backup PG last year as a rookie. She and Nika appeared to have developed a nice friendship despite competing for a roster spot. No doubt Nika will give Aaliyah a heads up to give her a warm welcome!
Looks great for Nika. On the other hand, there’s a veteran player on the Storm who’s about to draw the short straw.

Reaction Score
Looks great for Nika. On the other hand, there’s a veteran player on the Storm who’s about to draw the short straw.
Nika's comments after receiving her diploma presupposed that she had made the team. This, combined with the comfortable interactions of the players immediately afterwards, made me think that the Storm's management had already shared with the players who is going and who is staying. I suspect that the team is working with the outgoing players to find landing spots that work for them, Melbourne being the first example. She is likely to get much more burn with the Mystic than with the Storm.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nika's comments after receiving her diploma presupposed that she had made the team. This, combined with the comfortable interactions of the players immediately afterwards, made me think that the Storm's management had already shared with the players who is going and who is staying. I suspect that the team is working with the outgoing players to find landing spots that work for them, Melbourne being the first example. She is likely to get much more burn with the Mystic than with the Storm.
You may be right. But if Nika is staying then Melbourne is obviously not. The mystery, at least to all of us, is which veteran forward is heading elsewhere.

Reaction Score
After watching this video, I can only conclude there is no way in hell that the Storm will cut Nika. As Geno told her, “It will take you one day to figure out what they need you to do.” Evidently the Storm needed a passionate, intense leader, who is not afraid to wear her emotions on her sleeve.

Oldude, I've been a Nika fan since day 1. Sad to say that even to this day there's probably 1 contributor here who would insist that Nika should have never started for UConn. I do not understand these anti-Nika sentiments.

Reaction Score
Oldude, I've been a Nika fan since day 1. Sad to say that even to this day there's probably 1 contributor here who would insist that Nika should have never started for UConn. I do not understand these anti-Nika sentiments.
Hard to imagine that the all-time assist leader in virtually every category couldn't garner a single 'Like' from said poster during her drive through the NCAA tournament and subsequent entry into the W - but, hey she has gained tens of thousands of new fans that have shown their appreciation over that period on social media.

I'm sure Nika is grateful for all the love both old and new fans have shown her, but at her core, to have the appreciation by her team and coaches is what she strives for. She is innately team first and no doubt has never had a teammate or coach who wasn't positively impacted by her infectious presence. As Geno said, Nika is unique. I think, in this very short time, Noelle Quinn and her storm teammates have seen that as well. She will always Bleed Blue but given the new home she seemingly has found in Seattle, it's trending towards an Aqua shade!

Reaction Score
Hard to imagine that the all-time assist leader in virtually every category couldn't garner a single 'Like' from said poster during her drive through the NCAA tournament and subsequent entry into the W - but, hey she has gained tens of thousands of new fans that have shown their appreciation over that period on social media.

I'm sure Nika is grateful for all the love both old and new fans have shown her, but at her core, to have the appreciation by her team and coaches is what she strives for. She is innately team first and no doubt has never had a teammate or coach who wasn't positively impacted by her infectious presence. As Geno said, Nika is unique. I think, in this very short time, Noelle Quinn and her storm teammates have seen that as well. She will always Bleed Blue but given the new home she seemingly has found in Seattle, it's trending towards an Aqua shade!
Thank you! I too have been a Nika fan since I started watching UCONN back in 2020. I find it insane that even on other platforms there has been more fan hate for her than highly recruited players who don't meet expectations. I wasn't sure she would get drafted because she flew under the radar but then March Madness happened. I knew that with her rise in popularity she was about to join the WNBA.

Reaction Score
No way they cut Nika. Just no way. I think one of the biggest challenges on the Coach's plate is trying to figure it all out.

Reaction Score
This tweet brought tears to my eyes. Something about "Pomp and Circumstance" always does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom