Nick Timberlake to Kansas | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Nick Timberlake to Kansas

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
If the staff was blindsided, not the kind of kid we want. Good luck pal.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Let's be honest here, you can't really say a kid is choosing money over winning when the school he picks is Kansas. They're going to be right in the mix next season just like they are every year.
Sure I can 5>4

Reaction Score
Adidas has been payin' Self's legal fees for a long time.. Kept his job for him. NCAA looks the other way.. That's what they do.. Who they are... Kansas knows they can get away with creative financing=NIL.. It is what it is..

If that what appeals to a recruit and that's their priority.. No matter what their talents are.. UConn is probably not a fit.. Next..

Reaction Score
Between the NIL checks and the social security checks this dude is collecting, he is by far going to be the highest paid player (and oldest) in college basketball next season.

Reaction Score
I don’t blame the insiders for The premature winks. With last minute NIL offers There’s no such thing as a done deal anymore at least not until the ink is dry.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I’ve been holding my tongue but his highlights video was distinctly unimpressive to me. Hitting wide-open 3s against crap competition, wow.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Didn''t want to say anything at the time. But watching his tape, his threes seemed to be wide open no one with feet of him.

Haha, just said the very same thing

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Damn... maybe winning #5 wasn't the best idea in the world..maybe losing in the first round of the tourney would have been better ( LOL )...we would have been in on the early portal players a few weeks earlier...

IN HURLEY , WE TRUST!!!!!

Reaction Score
Couldn’t care less about the sunflower boy, The only reason the miss is concerning is that we’ve got between 1-3 open schollys and theres been no news re. involvement with other transfers.

Reaction Score
Personally I never saw why everyone was enamored with him. If Jackson and Newton are both back, he probably would have come off the bench anyway. More playing time for the freshman now.

Reaction Score
I have heard up to 7 figures NIL being offered for guys they want. Rumor has it the $ will land them Dickinson as well.
Tshiebwe from Kentucky got $2M this past season. All that money for a round of 32 exit lmao

I hope KU gets Dickinson. That dude is a locker room cancer. He'd completely ruin them

Reaction Score
Would have been nice, but as we know there is no guaranty a loaded squad will deliver…team chemistry matters too

Reaction Score
You are right, if you were not we would see Kentucky v. Duke with Kansas making an occasional game each and every final.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I’ve been holding my tongue but his highlights video was distinctly unimpressive to me. Hitting wide-open 3s against crap competition, wow.
At the risk of sounding like a guy who just got dumped and saying “she wasn’t that hot anyway”, there was a part of me thinking the same. The Big East is a different animal from the CAA or whatever conference Towson is in. I think he would have been a nice piece for us, but if a few things fall into place and the recruits are as good as advertised, we’re still in good shape.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
At the risk of sounding like a guy who just got dumped and saying “she wasn’t that hot anyway”, there was a part of me thinking the same. The Big East is a different animal from the CAA or whatever conference Towson is in. I think he would have been a nice piece for us, but if a few things fall into place and the recruits are as good as advertised, we’re still in good shape.

I don't really care if people believe me or call it sour grapes, that's what I thought.

I appreciate that people who knew a lot more about him really wanted us to get him, and if KU was so desperate to get him, that speaks volumes too. But his highlight video was a small step up from a reel of some guy shooting 3s in an empty gym. It wasn't like he was whipping around screens like Hawk -- he was literally 5 feet open, over and over. He made a few tough shots and he clearly has a quick release but ... that's the best they could put in a highlight reel???

Yeah, I had my skepticism about Joey C stepping up in competition, too, but while he was awesome the fact is he averaged 6 PPG for us, and it seemed to me that people were expecting a lot more out of Timberlake.

Reaction Score
I don't really care if people believe me or call it sour grapes, that's what I thought.

I appreciate that people who knew a lot more about him really wanted us to get him, and if KU was so desperate to get him, that speaks volumes too. But his highlight video was a small step up from a reel of some guy shooting 3s in an empty gym. It wasn't like he was whipping around screens like Hawk -- he was literally 5 feet open, over and over. He made a few tough shots and he clearly has a quick release but ... that's the best they could put in a highlight reel???

Yeah, I had my skepticism about Joey C stepping up in competition, too, but while he was awesome the fact is he averaged 6 PPG for us, and it seemed to me that people were expecting a lot more out of Timberlake.
Be honest, his hops were impressive too. He could play above the rim. Joey C's game was threes and an occasional tear drop runner. He wasn't great going to the rim.

Reaction Score

I see a lot of different shot making from him in his highlights, gets good height on his shot with a quick release.

As for Joey, 6 ppg in 15 minutes per game on 45% three point shooting for the best team in the country is pretty damn good.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Be honest, his hops were impressive too. He could play above the rim. Joey C's game was threes and an occasional tear drop runner. He wasn't great going to the rim.
His hops were impressive. Agree with that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom