Nick Timberlake to Kansas | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Nick Timberlake to Kansas

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
See, this is why D’Melio pisses me off. We don’t even have a NIL and are losing players because we aren’t competitive. And we have posters posting crap “thank God we have D’Melio’s NIL connections.” The guy is a Nepo Daddy. But the screen printed Joey C shirts and the bar mitzvahs!!@Chief00 is throwing or whatever.
D’Melio bought me 37 vodka sodas after the Big East Tournament loss to Marquette. What have you done?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And no one be mad at Andre, he has to do what he’s doing.

(I’m not saying anyone is mad at Dre, I’m just getting ahead of the nonsense)
For what? Being honest? [Shrugs] Jackson is a high character kid. I really wouldn’t expect anything less of him.

Reaction Score
Reading the tea leaves it seems like Hurley is encouraging him to go pro as he knows it’s in Andre’s best interest. The kids is going to make 8 figures if he learns to shoot. Might as well practice that shot full time.

You are reading tea leaves but it's just a bunch of muddy water, dude. You have no idea what you're talking about. Andre is getting feedback in the draft and hasn't declared for a reason. Because he needs to know where he might be drafted. In all likelihood, there's a >50% chance he's back.

There is no reason NOT to declare and get feedback. You learn what to work on and get run with some of the best players in the game. It's the highest level coaching a player can receive. Why WOULDN'T a player declare?

Reaction Score
Well they can enjoy all of those connecting flights to Kansas to watch their son play instead of making a 90 minute car ride to Storrs I guess.
Or maybe the ‘rents will move out there. Can probably live like Elmer J Fudd (“I own a mansion and a yacht”) on that NIL promissory note in Douglas County, KS. Views for days too!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Don't know how you can say this before he's played a game for Kansas and our season starts. But throw it out there people love predictions.
Lol.

God, this site just draws dimwits like flies.

Reaction Score
You are reading tea leaves but it's just a bunch of muddy water, dude. You have no idea what you're talking about. Andre is getting feedback in the draft and hasn't declared for a reason. Because he needs to know where he might be drafted. In all likelihood, there's a >50% chance he's back.

There is no reason NOT to declare and get feedback. You learn what to work on and get run with some of the best players in the game. It's the highest level coaching a player can receive. Why WOULDN'T a player declare?
Dayum

Reaction Score
See, this is why D’Melio pisses me off. We don’t even have a NIL and are losing players because we aren’t competitive. And we have posters posting crap “thank God we have D’Melio’s NIL connections.” The guy is a Nepo Daddy. But the screen printed Joey C shirts and the bar mitzvahs!!@Chief00 is throwing or whatever.
No one told me about the NIL bar mitzvahs! But Drake already has the market cornered on those.

0E56BD4E-E09C-4D3E-9755-8D55A67C65AC.jpeg

Reaction Score

Andre declaring for the draft should be pro forma and didn’t impact my take. At this point, I don’t think he benefits from returning. There are a lot of guys who will benefit from returning. Like DC. Usually guys who are trying to expand their role and game stylistically. Andre projects as the same style of player at the next level. He just needs to learn to shoot. I love our staff as much as the next guy but he would benefit learning from a Vinson or Englund type shot doctor.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Andre declaring for the draft should be pro forma and didn’t impact my take. At this point, I don’t think he benefits from returning. There are a lot of guys who will benefit from returning. Like DC. Usually guys who are trying to expand their role and game stylistically. Andre projects as the same style of player at the next level. He just needs to learn to shoot. I love our staff as much as the next guy but he would benefit learning from a Vinson or Englund type shot doctor.
Maybe he feels like if he can develop that at UConn he can become a first rounder with a better contract situation?

Think he’s one of the very unique talents that can get drafted in the 1st round as a senior because of his athletic and IQ gifts. He simply needs to show he can somewhat score.

Reaction Score
I know we’ll be more than fine w/o him but doesn’t make me any less mad to be spurned and any less petty to hope Kansas crashes and burns with him. On to the next.

Reaction Score
They can take Timberlake or whatever his name is. Solo Ball, Newton and Castle will be the best back court in the country BY FAR. We already have the best front court with Karaban and Clingan.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The reason I dislike Matrim is the reason I dislike D’Melio. Isn’t he an MLS blogger or something? They are desperate for clout and it is extremely offputting to me.
What exactly you doing to help matters?

Reaction Score
How do you know that? Do you have a link?
Yeah. If he already has $250k and a car, that is a recruiting inducement. They shouldn’t able to talk NIL until after he signs.

Just sayin. I know how the world works, but if they “upped the NIL and that swayed the decision” he should be ineligible.

If they just told him this is what our guys typically get, generically, that is probably legal.

Reaction Score
Guys. UConn is never going to get into the NIL business at the level that was talked about at the level above - if it is true.

UConn collectice isn’t going to guarantee money like that.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
saw this coming miles away
in a way I am very ok with this, I really didn't see him as a good fit for UConn
No matter what anyone says, Towson to Kansas is a huge step up in size and athleticism. He isn't going to be scorer in the BIG12 he was last season. JMHO

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Kan$a$
Yeah.

I had what I considered rock solid intel at this point last week that it was basically a done deal, but NIL stuff has really, really changed the landscape. There's a reason I haven't been weighing in on recruiting for the past year and, welp, now I've got some egg on my face.

I'm going back to not weighing in on recruiting anymore and retiring the ;). The game's changed too much.

What I will say, though, is that I've got full faith that Hurley gets the guys he needs to for us to be competitive next year, and for as long as he's the head coach.

Anyway, sorry gang.

Reaction Score
Yeah.

I had what I considered rock solid intel at this point last week that it was basically a done deal, but NIL stuff has really, really changed the landscape. There's a reason I haven't been weighing in on recruiting for the past year and, welp, now I've got some egg on my face.

I'm going back to not weighing in on recruiting anymore and retiring the ;). The game's changed too much.

What I will say, though, is that I've got full faith that Hurley gets the guys he needs to for us to be competitive next year, and for as long as he's the head coach.

Anyway, sorry gang.
I think most of us would still love the input even if you don’t bat 1000, nobody does.

Reaction Score
Yeah.

Anyway, sorry gang.
NIL is a game changer.. Don't beat yourself up.. Kansas has blank checks.. We don't.. Legit Yarders will always welcome your input.

Reaction Score
Kansas has blank checks.. We don't.

Why can't UConn compete with Kansas when it comes to NIL? Is it about the level of private donors each school has (i.e., Kansas graduates have more money to donate to the school than UConn graduates)? Structural hurdles specific to UConn that Kansas doesn't have to struggle with? Something else?

I'm just not clear as to why UConn is apparently unable to take as full advantage of NIL as some other schools with whom we are competing for players.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
250k in a year is a crazy amount of money for someone who isn’t going to be an NBA prospect. What do they pay the real stars to come??

I, too, would not turn that down while also being able to play for another top program.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't begrudge the kid for taking more money, it's legal now and it always made my skin crawl that the NCAA can make all of the money they make with TV contracts and coaches sign multi-million dollar contracts yet kids taking money is frowned upon by some.

That being said, if Andre comes back I fully expect him to shut this kid down in December, and I can't wait to see it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom