Nice | The Boneyard

Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
That hurts worse than the loss. What a freaking embarrassment for us.

I didn't read the article, but I'm assuming it was an accident. It happens.

Reaction Score
Red Pants seems to be the Bizzarro King Midas. Everything he touches turns to lead. It matches the lead is his ass and head.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Honestly, I blame Manuel for allowing this nonsense. The AD is supposed to be focused on advancing UConn athletics and the UConn brand. This "trophy" did neither.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Congratulations, Bobby. You've made us the laughingstock of college football today, in more ways than one. Great job!

With the trophy, yes. As for the result? I don't think the rest of the nation cares about a 21-16 UCF over UConn victory.

Reaction Score
The fact that a UConn staffer put a towel over it in an effort to hide it after UCF ignored the trophy is all you need to know.

Total embarrassment

Those UCF bastards can't insult our coach like this. We need to follow the advice of Otter from Animal House:

"I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."

At the next home game, half time, 50 yard line, we blow up the Civil ConFliCt Trophy.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Because there's no actual rivalry between these two teams.

Why because they've dominated UConn?

It's silly they did it to send a message?

Reaction Score
The "rivalry" was conjured out of thin air by Diaco. It was a ridiculous idea. There's no history nor animosity there between the schools and the fans (we'd only played them twice at the time Disco Pants put that dumb trophy together.) UCF didn't know about it (they weren't contacted about it), couldn't even figure out why he did it, nor did they want anything to do with it. The manufactured "rivalry" is an embarrassment to UConn thanks to Crazy Bob.

That trophy should be used for firewood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom