Nice Houston Cougar new logo intro... | The Boneyard

Nice Houston Cougar new logo intro...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That cougar looks like a red, white, & blue version of the Nittany Lion. Hope that they didn't infringe on any copyrights.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that those folks will soon start asking the same questions about the color blue as we ask about the color red...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-The blue makes me think Houston Texans a bit...
-I was hoping this thread was a funny one with different pics.
-I think Houston should drop the UH and just have a bold red H but w/e its just my opinion.

While I'm no more excited than most here about the #newnewbigeast, you can't knock Houston. They are quickly rising in sports and they clearly get "it" in the college sports world. Football is close to being on a top level and this bump will push them over the hump I think. Same can be said for UCF. They are building a new stadium or facilities right? There is a great TV market and they open up Texas recruiting for the league. They are on a huge uptick in basketball and the recruting is clearly there. Other sports like baseball are ok also.

I want the ACC or the BIG as much as the next guy but a league of UH/BSU/UConn/Ruty/Cincy/Lville/USF/UCF can stay alive and compete with the ACC for 5th best league on the field atleast. Not so much in $$ and media time.

Reaction Score
I think if everyone just gave the New Big East a couple years for folks to get used to it we all might enjoy the upgrade in football. I could get used to seeing UConn play more than one top 25 ranked conference opponent each year. Five years from now Syracuse and Pitt will be the ones on the outside looking and wishing they were still in. Glass half full people!!

Reaction Score
I think if everyone just gave the New Big East a couple years for folks to get used to it we all might enjoy the upgrade in football. I could get used to seeing UConn play more than one top 25 ranked conference opponent each year. Five years from now Syracuse and Pitt will be the ones on the outside looking and wishing they were still in. Glass half full people!!

I like where your head is at. Sounds like were in the same boat!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
That cougar looks like a red, white, & blue version of the Nittany Lion. Hope that they didn't infringe on any copyrights.
You might say it's a more kid-friendly version of the same logo.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The red white and blue cougar in the oval looks a bit Charlotte Bobcatish to me.

Reaction Score
It's black, not blue. The Nittany Lions' logo does look more "mature"/tame.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think the fighting red nitanies will be a great addtion to the league

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Five years from now Syracuse and Pitt will be the ones on the outside looking and wishing they were still in.

What a truly, truly ignorant statement this is.

Reaction Score
What a truly, truly ignorant statement this is.

It might not be likely, but you can hardly call a prediction of the future ignorant before it's happened.

Unless you think Syracuse is going to start dominating the FSUs, VTs and Clemsons of the world. You know, after they were world beaters in the Big East.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I continued to be amazed at the lack of comprehension regarding the affect conference affiliation has on a football program. If you go 11-1 in the SEC, BIG, B12, P12, and sometimes the ACC you are in the BCS title discussion. If you go 11-1 in the NNBE, CUSA, WAC or MWC, no one cares.

Recruits know this. Can you have magical seasons? Of course, but it is tough to sustain success and become a 'name' program in a competitive recruiting area when you get no pub.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I continued to be amazed at the lack of comprehension regarding the affect conference affiliation has on a football program. If you go 11-1 in the SEC, BIG, B12, P12, and sometimes the ACC you are in the BCS title discussion. If you go 11-1 in the NNBE, CUSA, WAC or MWC, no one cares.

Recruits know this. Can you have magical seasons? Of course, but it is tough to sustain success and become a 'name' program in a competitive recruiting area when you get no pub.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
The only solution is win the big games.

Reaction Score
Looks like south alabama to me...

7069320863_81f0e2d01b_c.jpg

Reaction Score
It's black, not blue. The Nittany Lions' logo does look more "mature"/tame.
I have to correct myself. Didn't notice the blue is very dark. Red and black might have "conflicted" Texas Tech's colors. That new Coogs logo does look like South Alabama's logo to some degree.

Reaction Score
I may be the only one, but did anyone notice the word BIG in the first several screens - it sure looked a lot to me like the Big X logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom