RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
thought you guys would like to read about her. LINK

Thanks Chokester...great article

March%202011%20075.jpg

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. The comments by Curtis Ekmark are very telling.

Reaction Score
WOW.

Is UConn getting a Faris/Lewis hybrid?

"6-0 guard with limitless range"

"I don’t want to be known as just a shooter; I want to be a great overall player."

And this:

"I’m lucky to go to a college with kids who play the right way.

And my favorite:

Her father:
“I think the culture at UConn impresses me most,” he said. “They’re really careful about who they recruit. It isn’t about rankings; it’s about who fits that culture. Courtney knows she won’t play with anybody who won’t play hard, or take it as seriously as she does. The No. 1 thing about Courtney is her brain, and UConn is a program where that’ll be utilized.”

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Will she be as good as or better then Kelly Faris? I've watched a couple of her games and that's who she reminds me of, except she's a better shooter. She'll do whatever is necessary for the team to win. What ever role the coaches ask her to play, she'll do it to the best of her abilities.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I liked UConn because they play the right way,” Ekmark said. “I don’t want to be known as just a shooter; I want to be a great overall player. That’s what I wanted to work on.”

I love this quote because it indicates that Courtney is not just content to be a great shooter. She wants to be a great overall player. I'm not sure if she has the physical gifts to be great, but no one will out work her, and no one will have a better attitude.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
I liked UConn because they play the right way,” Ekmark said. “I don’t want to be known as just a shooter; I want to be a great overall player. That’s what I wanted to work on.”

I love this quote because it indicates that Courtney is not just content to be a great shooter. She wants to be a great overall player. I'm not sure if she has the physical gifts to be great, but no one will out work her, and no one will have a better attitude.

eric....correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say this about Ekmark a week or so ago, "Hasn't she been steadily dropping in the rankings across the board? Geno must see something in her he likes. But she's certainly not been impressing anyone.." ;) It was after someone posted she scored 2 pts in a game.... No offense meant, but do you like her or not?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
She made a chart and still has it. Gotta love it!

HGN

Reaction Score
Thanks Choke. Great article.........I love her Dedication. With her its not all about scoring points. Its about winning and playing the right way. I think she looks at it that if you play hard the right way , everytime out on the floor, the W's will come.

I hope A'ja see's this article because it will let her know that she would be coming to a program with players that's just as serious about the game as she is.

Reaction Score
Best article about a recruit I've ever read. Courtney sounds like UConn perfection.
Wow,
I totally agree, this article about Courtney is amazing! She is a very motivated and goal orientated young lady. Her intense training and AAU schedule and playing with her brother will definately make her a better player by the time she arrives at Uconn next year. She planned everything out to the fullest detail, very impressive. We all look for big things from Courtney and we are very happy that she chose Uconn!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
eric....correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say this about Ekmark a week or so ago, "Hasn't she been steadily dropping in the rankings across the board? Geno must see something in her he likes. But she's certainly not been impressing anyone.." ;) It was after someone posted she scored 2 pts in a game.... No offense meant, but do you like her or not?
What is your point? She has dropped in the rankings but that has zero to do with my post, which discusses her attitude and work ethic. She does want to be great. Can she be? who knows. I like every recruit that Geno gets.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
What is your point? She has dropped in the rankings but that has zero to do with my post, which discusses her attitude and work ethic. She does want to be great. Can she be? who knows. I like every recruit that Geno gets.

I think his point was to playfully give you a hard time about something you posted. I haven't seen anything posted by David that would lead me to believe otherwise.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think his point was to playfully give you a hard time about something you posted. I haven't seen anything posted by David that would lead me to believe otherwise.
Aww, how cute! My very own fan boy! I had no idea!

Reaction Score
Man, can you imagine the perimeter firepower with Kaleena and Courtney throwing up 3's from all angles ! Good luck with the double team. My gosh, somebody is going to be wide open !

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great article. Courtney is a high caliber person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom