NHL Playoffs | The Boneyard

NHL Playoffs

Reaction Score
Any one catch game four of Lightning and Toronto. I switched to Rangers game when Tampa was up 4-1. Toronto won in OT after scoring 3 goals in 6 minutes of third period. Tampa looks cooked now at 1-3 and going to Toronto.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This Bruins team better win tonight or it’s one of the greatest collapses in team sports. This is the best regular season team ever. Simply incredible that they are in this position.

Reaction Score
This Bruins team better win tonight or it’s one of the greatest collapses in team sports. This is the best regular season team ever. Simply incredible that they are in this position.
1682906250026.gif

Reaction Score
Paul Maurice former Whaler coach, go Whale. Rangers fan now but down deep always a Whalers fan.

Definetly a choke job a 3-1 series lead,
lead by a goal under a minute how are you sitting back under a minute instead of charging at the puck with the goalie pulled.

Reaction Score
Not that unusual for President Trophy winner to not win the cup. Last team to do it was Chicago in 2013. Panthers were swept in second round last year after winning trophy.

Hard to believe Bruins gave up goal in last minute. Great shot by Panthers to win in OT.

Reaction Score
Paul Maurice former Whaler coach, go Whale. Rangers fan now but down deep always a Whalers fan.

lead by a goal under a minute how are you sitting back under a minute instead of charging at the puck with the goalie pulled.
I’m a Whalers fan as well. I tried to become a Bruins fan but couldn’t do it. Since I live in Florida now, I have passing interest in Florida teams. Rooting for Panthers and Maurice now.

And Avalanche just went down. Frantic ending.

Reaction Score
The Bruins exit was not as unusuall as some think.

Going back to 2000, the Bruins are now the seventh Presidents' Trophy winner to get bounced before winning a single playoff series, joining the 2019 Lightning, the 2012 Vancouver Canucks, the 2010 Washington Capitals, the 2009 San Jose Sharks, the 2006 Detroit Red Wings, and the 2000 St. Louis Blues.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Some coaching issues for sure. They need to fix that. Defense wasn't aggressive enough all series. I'm a believer that playoff hockey defense should focus on hitting people disrupting passes (Panthers were fantastic at that) and pressing the guy with the puck. This sagging stuff doesn't work in the playoffs.

I was a Whaler fan, had Whalers living in my neighborhood. But when they left I had to choose. Adopted the Sharks for a bit when I lived in San Jose. When I moved to the Boston area I became a Bruins fan (I always supported the other Boston teams). I want Carolina to lose forever.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The Bruins exit was not as unusuall as some think.

Going back to 2000, the Bruins are now the seventh Presidents' Trophy winner to get bounced before winning a single playoff series, joining the 2019 Lightning, the 2012 Vancouver Canucks, the 2010 Washington Capitals, the 2009 San Jose Sharks, the 2006 Detroit Red Wings, and the 2000 St. Louis Blues.
Yeah, but it's disappointing as hell for a loaded team that didn't just win the President's Trophy but had the most points in history.

Reaction Score
Some coaching issues for sure. They need to fix that. Defense wasn't aggressive enough all series. I'm a believer that playoff hockey defense should focus on hitting people disrupting passes (Panthers were fantastic at that) and pressing the guy with the puck. This sagging stuff doesn't work in the playoffs.

I was a Whaler fan, had Whalers living in my neighborhood. But when they left I had to choose. Adopted the Sharks for a bit when I lived in San Jose. When I moved to the Boston area I became a Bruins fan (I always supported the other Boston teams). I want Carolina to lose forever.
I too had a Whaler in my childhood neighborhood. Dan Bolduc was a few houses away. Once they moved to Carolina my heart never followed. I hate seeing them in the Whaler's green and white and never root for them. Coaches like Maurice are another story.

Reaction Score
I too had a Whaler in my childhood neighborhood. Dan Bolduc was a few houses away. Once they moved to Carolina my heart never followed. I hate seeing them in the Whaler's green and white and never root for them. Coaches like Maurice are another story.
Ron Francis lived on my street. Miss the Whalers greatly.

Reaction Score
Ron Francis lived on my street. Miss the Whalers greatly.
Danny Bolduc was a great guy. He used to play street hockey with the kids in the neighborhood. Ronnie was another great one. We shared orthopedic surgeons as I broke my leg around the same time he broke his.
Trading Ronnie was the beginning of the end for the Whalers. Traded for Zarley and the human zamboni John Cullen. And now Ronnie continues to succeed as the GM for the Kraken.

Reaction Score
what's the split of Whalers fans who hate the team with the stupid round logo vs root for it? I'm sure it's been discussed in the past. I wasn't a big hockey fan back in 1997 but today I'm sure I'd be a huge Whalers fan. I can't believe they sell Whalers merch at the games.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Strange how I just don't care about the NHL playoffs now. Anybody but Carolina pretty much.

Reaction Score
Strange how I just don't care about the NHL playoffs now. Anybody but Carolina pretty much.
I care about the playoffs but not passionately about any one team. I kind of root for Florida and Tampa since they're fairly close. And I definitely will not root for Carolina. Certainly nothing like the old days when I was a partial season ticket holder for the Whale.

Reaction Score
Gave up after the AVs and Rangers were out... BUT, am looking fwd to the Finals, whatever teams get there!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom