Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night) | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night)

Reaction Score
Alright, its Monday, hopefully the staff has pre-arranged the next contact with both Cooper and Big Pat, to keep in the process, while dreading what they might hear. Much tougher if the first contact isn't preset. Who do you call first? Then the other feels he isn't prioritized. I assume it has to be Danny in both cases, (and also Edgecomb?). This next call is cross your fingers time. I expect Ngongba will just be talk prior to moving onto Kansas St visit. I expect Cooper to just give himself some decision time/space so we can all stay on the edge of our seats for another week or two, hanging on every rumor and vetting its source. Not feeling a vibe on VJ.

Reaction Score
Alright, its Monday, hopefully the staff has pre-arranged the next contact with both Cooper and Big Pat, to keep in the process, while dreading what they might hear. Much tougher if the first contact isn't preset. Who do you call first? Then the other feels he isn't prioritized. I assume it has to be Danny in both cases, (and also Edgecomb?). This next call is cross your fingers time. I expect Ngongba will just be talk prior to moving onto Kansas St visit. I expect Cooper to just give himself some decision time/space so we can all stay on the edge of our seats for another week or two, hanging on every rumor and vetting its source. Not feeling a vibe on VJ.
All three of those guys had official visits at Duke at the same time, so if that didn’t make them feel less “prioritized”, would the order of a follow up call do that?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All three of those guys had official visits at Duke at the same time, so if that didn’t make them feel “prioritized”, would the order of a follow up call do that?
Thats the point. Somebody feels prioritized, but somebody else feels they aren't the priority, which is a message you don't want to imply. If it has already been arranged that 4pm Monday is a good time to call, then that issue is avoided. You're calling each guy at their prearranged convenience rather than implying priority. If not prearranged, I would reach out first, to the guy we felt had the greatest likelihood of coming here. However we make the next step, the feedback today/tomorrow will set the tone for our success. I hope Danny is a topnotch salesman today.

Reaction Score
Thats the point. Somebody feels prioritized, but somebody else feels they aren't the priority, which is a message you don't want to imply. If it has already been arranged that 4pm Monday is a good time to call, then that issue is avoided. You're calling each guy at their prearranged convenience rather than implying priority. If not prearranged, I would reach out first, to the guy we felt had the greatest likelihood of coming here. However we make the next step, the feedback today/tomorrow will set the tone for our success.
Well if you believe the rumors from spaces. Hurley and the entire staff have been flying down to Florida to visit Flagg once a week. They’re on it. I don’t know how Ngongba or Flagg would know which one got called first anyway

Reaction Score
Thats the point. Somebody feels prioritized, but somebody else feels they aren't the priority, which is a message you don't want to imply. If it has already been arranged that 4pm Monday is a good time to call, then that issue is avoided. You're calling each guy at their prearranged convenience rather than implying priority. If not prearranged, I would reach out first, to the guy we felt had the greatest likelihood of coming here. However we make the next step, the feedback today/tomorrow will set the tone for our success.
I don’t see any concerns or need to walk on egg shells if you’re the UConn staff. If one of the three recruits gets their nose out of joint because they were contacted second or third rather than first, especially after being one of three targets on their visit, then they aren’t for us. There’s no downside or need to worry about who to contact first, second, or third.

Reaction Score
Well if you believe the rumors from spaces. Hurley and the entire staff have been flying down to Florida to visit Flagg once a week. They’re on it. I don’t know how Ngongba or Flagg would know which one got called first anyway

Our recruiting budget must be huge. One of those trips would be the entire year's budget at a low-major school.

pj

Reaction Score

You call the one who you feel is most committed to you, to get the inside scoop on what happened and what the other guys said to him. That helps you adjust how you speak to the less committed ones.

You have to assume the least committed will be least open and honest with you, and the first call is about gathering information as well as recruiting the guy you call.

Reaction Score
You call the one who you feel is most committed to you, to get the inside scoop on what happened and what the other guys said to him. That helps you adjust how you speak to the less committed ones.

You have to assume the least committed will be least open and honest with you, and the first call is about gathering information as well as recruiting the guy you call.
Edgecombe hasn’t had an official visit to UConn yet, and I don’t think he even has one scheduled. So I’d think he’d be contacted last. UConn has Hurley and three assistants, so they can walk and chew gum at the same time. Hell, they could theoretically call Pat and Cooper at the same exact time. Or for the crowd that thinks we paid Cooper to visit, maybe there’s no point to calling Cooper at all? Jk

Reaction Score

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Reaction Score
These pictures coming out of Duke are not promising. I'm going to need to distract myself with all the work I've been neglecting while I've been doom scrolling on the Yard.
I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but really all the pictures say only one word, UConn!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom