Ngongba Back in play? | The Boneyard

Ngongba Back in play?

Reaction Score
With Duke getting a commit from Maluach, any chance big Pat decides he doesn’t wanna sit? Foot injury aside I’d love to get him back in the fold.

Reaction Score
If I were a betting man I'd set the line at 1.5 players from their current 6 man class de-committing. Likely Ngongba and one of Evans/Harris.

TBD if we'd be in the mix for Ngongba

Reaction Score
I really disagree with the way scheyer is going about recruiting. With their nil why in the world would you want to load up on freshman. They could get the top transfer at every position if they wanted.
There are a lot of schools with more NIL money than Duke.

Reaction Score
I really disagree with the way scheyer is going about recruiting. With their nil why in the world would you want to load up on freshman. They could get the top transfer at every position if they wanted.
He's a dope.

He's getting the top freshmen because of the Duke name, not because of NIL.

I suspect eventually he won't have his pick of the top freshmen and or top transfers when everyone figures out what he is.

Reaction Score
At least this means Duke won't be a player in the portal at all. One less blue blood with deep pockets to fight against. Same thing is Dickinson stays at KU...We'll be one of the top candidates for a center looking for a new home

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
At least this means Duke won't be a player in the portal at all. One less blue blood with deep pockets to fight against. Same thing is Dickinson stays at KU...We'll be one of the top candidates for a center looking for a new home
Kentucky is loaded with bigs already as well.

pj

Reaction Score

If you want to go the Calipari way and base recruiting on "getting players to the NBA", then you want the one-and-done freshmen, not the college-successful juniors.

Reaction Score
Was UConn even #2 on his final list? I know Kansas was in the running also. I guess with Kentucky having Quaintance, Kansas having Bidunga, and now Duke having Malauch we have a legit shot. Final 8 also had Indiana, K State and Providence. I could see Indiana coming up with some B1G NIL money for Ngongba. And Providence.......

Does he totally reopen recruiting or go back to his final list? I do think Hurley may have some negative vibes on him, but talented Cs are tough to find

Reaction Score
I think Hurley was pretty disgusted with how things went down with him. I would imagine he's moved on.

What was Hurley disgusted about? I don't remember this bit.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Please don’t give them any good ideas. I’m fine if they want to keep going the one-and-done route, a model proven to yield very little winning results in relation to talent.

Reaction Score
Maluach turns 18 in September. Flagg turns 18 in December. Consider me very skeptical that two of the youngest players in the class are going to form a dominant front court next season. They are both obviously great prospects.

Give me a 4th or 5th year transfer center instead, chip on the shoulder who is focused on winning immediately and capable of playing drop coverage/dominating the paint for 20-25 minutes a game to complement Samson's 15-20 minute role. Look how many 5 star freshman are sitting on the bench around the country while Josh Oduro is having a really nice season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Maluach turns 18 in September. Flagg turns 18 in December. Consider me very skeptical that two of the youngest players in the class are going to form a dominant front court next season. They are both obviously great prospects.

Give me a 4th or 5th year transfer center instead, chip on the shoulder who is focused on winning immediately and capable of playing drop coverage/dominating the paint for 20-25 minutes a game to complement Samson's 15-20 minute role. Look how many 5 star freshman are sitting on the bench around the country while Josh Oduro is having a really nice season.
Wonder how much a Dickinson/Oduro/Stud level transfer big costs? There aren't many available, and a ton of demand for them.

Reaction Score
I think Hurley was pretty disgusted with how things went down with him. I would imagine he's moved on.
I remember that too. That’s why I was confused by this thread. We’re done with him.

Reaction Score
What was Hurley disgusted about? I don't remember this bit.

Nothing. Some people tried to connect some dots that weren’t even part of the same puzzle. That family is tight, and UConn is happy to have Isaiah. It just didn’t work out with his cousin. Tough year for him to get shut down for his senior season. He’s excited about Duke at this point. It remains to be seen how it works out for him there.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of schools with more NIL money than Duke.
Not for basketball. Nike is pumping in major dollars to steer recruits that way. Sure, does Texas A&M spend more of their football recruits? Yeah. But Duke is easily top three in spending for basketball players.

We will not re-engage here. He went out of his way to cut us from his list.

Reaction Score

Yea as a Duke hater, I am A OK with this strategy. I think the ideal way to build a roster is a core of top 75 kids who fit into whatever culture you are trying to instill, one or two of the best freshman you can get every year and plugging holes with the best transfers. This is an incredible class, but will not be there first. Last year‘s crappy squad had the 2,3 and 4 overall recruits, amongst other five stars.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom