NFL personnel on hand to see Griffin tonight | The Boneyard

NFL personnel on hand to see Griffin tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Apparently there were some NFL folks on hand to see Ryan tonight. Couldn't have picked a better game.

He has developed so well and if his hands touch the ball he catches it. He gets open and blocks as well.

I expect to see a nice NFL career. Imagine if he was on a team where the OC knew what to do with him?

His hurdle play was #7 on the top 10 plays on ESPN.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sio Moore and Ryan both did a great job tonight.

Looking forward for 3-5 Huskies at the Senior Bowl this year.

Should be another good draft for Uconn players. Trevardo, BWW, Sio, Ryan are locks. Gratz has a chance too.

Reaction Score
Sio Moore and Ryan both did a great job tonight.

Looking forward for 3-5 Huskies at the Senior Bowl this year.

Should be another good draft for Uconn players. Trevardo, BWW, Sio, Ryan are locks. Gratz has a chance too.

I probably should have said Ryan was one of the players they were there to see. I'm sure they paid attention to all the players you mentioned.

Not surprising Ryan is the only offensive player on the list. No slight to the rest of the offense.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Apparently there were some NFL folks on hand to see Ryan tonight. Couldn't have picked a better game.

He has developed so well and if his hands touch the ball he catches it. He gets open and blocks as well.

I expect to see a nice NFL career. Imagine if he was on a team where the OC knew what to do with him?

His hurdle play was #7 on the top 10 plays on ESPN.

Scott Pioli of the Chiefs was there. Hope he goes to a "different" team. ("Different" is meant to read as "better.")

Reaction Score
"different"? Any of these guys would love to be drafted by the Chiefs!
Playing time and a chance to show their skills is more important to a 22 year old.
Once you establish yourself, you go for the rings!

MattMang23

Reaction Score
"different"? Any of these guys would love to be drafted by the Chiefs!
Playing time and a chance to show their skills is more important to a 22 year old.
Once you establish yourself, you go for the rings!

I'm sure they'd love to be drafted, period. I'm sure they'd welcome being drafted by the Chiefs, but I, for one, hope for better for them.

Reaction Score
After the MD game we met an Atlanta Falcons scout in the airport and after a bit of schmoozing I asked him who he was looking at on our team. He was a bit hesitant to say but we dragged it out of him. He didn't use names but said said "I like your D-end (Williams) Tight End (Griffin) C-Back (Wilson) LB(Moore) and Punt Returner (Williams). He also liked Smallwood for future. And there were a few others....
I asked him whether from what he observed, any of these guys could play in the SEC? His answer --"Absolutely. The difference is at Alabama they have this caliber two deep", lol
He also said something else I found interesting. He never really is watching the game--only certain players in it. He also said good players don't suffer from playing on a losing team. They still stand out. Also, "I get lots of info before the game, on sideline watching warm ups--who has flexibility, loose hips, etc"--who knew?

Reaction Score
Any of them would love to be drafted by the Chiefs. Just hearing your name called is a thrill of a lifetime for a college football player.

Reaction Score
Saw folks from Bills, Dolphins, Saints during pre-game warm ups as well.

Hopefully our seniors can put together two more strong performances to get their shot in the NFL and join Donald Brown, Anthony Sherman, Reggie McClain, Donald Thomas and more on Sundays.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm sure they'd love to be drafted, period. I'm sure they'd welcome being drafted by the Chiefs, but I, for one, hope for better for them.

Chiefs have one of the better fan bases in the NFL. They won't be bad forever and provide more opportunity for playing time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Chiefs have one of the better fan bases in the NFL. They won't be bad forever and provide more opportunity for playing time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

They cheered Matt Cassell's injury. Larger, sure. Vocal and loud, yup. Better, ehhhhhhh.

Except for a stretch in the early 1990s, the team has been pretty average, at best, for my entire lifetime, anyway. I can't really remember them playing in any big games. They do, however, provide ample playing time. I'd just prefer our guys land in a spot in which they can play, AND are a part of a winning culture.

Reaction Score
Gronk Jr.

Pending that whatever team drafts him actually uses him, they will be in for a pleasant surprise. Can knock GDL for a lot of things, but at least he is smart enough to actually use Griffin. Still not being used enough but he has been stellar since 2011.

Reaction Score
Personally I want my Giants to draft Ryan. I see that as a marriage made in heaven.
I guess the Patriots have no space for him. ;)

If Joe is reading, congrats on your son's game.

I actually hope the Bills stay in Toronto. They'd be the Green Bay Packers of the AFC, without any NFL titles. Buffalo has pro football roots going back to the first decade of the NFL. I hope the Jacksonville Jaguars stay too. Those helmets they wore on Thursday were amongst the best I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Griffin has played himself into the draft. One of the few bright spots on offense.

Reaction Score
Not to rain on the GDL parade--which I've been a vocal part of--but he was specifically credited for the improvement you've seen in Ryan Griffin. Evidently, his work with the TE's is transformative. Now, about that O-Line....

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if Delahunt is drafted as well, he should get a look. I'm quite surprised on well he catches the ball and runs. I could see him being a giant as well.

Reaction Score
Not to rain on the GDL parade--which I've been a vocal part of--but he was specifically credited for the improvement you've seen in Ryan Griffin. Evidently, his work with the TE's is transformative. Now, about that O-Line....

There's a difference between developing skills and knowing how to employ them in an offense. He may be competent at the former (which would explain good reviews as a position coach in the NFL) but he's inept at the latter.

Reaction Score
In order to be drafted, Ryan will have to show he can play on all the ST units. There is no question, however, even if he isn't drafted, he will be invited to an NFL camp. Imposing target in the passing game in an NFL that really likes athletic pass receivers at TE.

Reaction Score
In order to be drafted, Ryan will have to show he can play on all the ST units. There is no question, however, even if he isn't drafted, he will be invited to an NFL camp. Imposing target in the passing game in an NFL that really likes athletic pass receivers at TE.

I thought he already played on special teams, no?

Highly doubt he goes undrafted. He has the whole package. Just imagine if he played 4 years on a team with a good QB. His hands have been incredible this year.

Reaction Score
Yes but GDL isnt tight ends coach this year which surprises me a little about that article. Isnt it Foley.

Reaction Score
Yes but GDL isnt tight ends coach this year which surprises me a little about that article. Isnt it Foley.

He is but both PP and GDL work with Tight-ends as Foley also helps with the O-Line. At least publicly, RG has been supportive of GDL and his development. Read Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom