NFL Draft 2016: Predictions/Discussion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NFL Draft 2016: Predictions/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Someone hacked into his Instagram as well and is posting texts about being paid cash in college too...interesting how social media is unraveling kids lives...

Reaction Score
If you are a NYG fan..you know that somewhere tonight Tom Coughlin is smiling to himself and the word "redemption" has most likely rolled off his lips! What a complete and utter joke of a pick taking Eli Apple at 10. They have no NFL caliber LB's..no one to play RT. And to boot that moron Jerry Reese just paid Janoris Jenkins HUGE $$ to start opposite DRC at corner. @Palatine you can say all the stuff you want about Jerry Reese being a good NFL GM..tonight his pick in the first round reinforced what a disgrace it was that Mara & Tisch let him stay!

Reaction Score
The Skins better not pass on Jack. I'll make FDNY's rant look like a fairytale. It's time to take on that risk.

Edit: not a terrible pick in Doctson. Still would've preferred Jack there.

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
No Gruden on NFL Network so far. Mayock trumps Kiper. Only wincing going on for me is Neon Deion interviewing players live on stage.

Seriously.how bad are Sanders interviews? I tried to watch NFL but he just killed it for me. He created the unique circumstance where the interviewee seemed better prepared than the interviewer.

Reaction Score
Jerry Reese is awful. He's hideous. It's like he goes into a draft wanting a couple of players and god forbid a team in front of him takes that player - or even worse a last minute trade comes in and Reese's player is gone - he has no idea how to react.

Is he not aware that you can trade down? God why couldn't the Giants have just cleaned complete house while they were taking Coughlin down. Reese was always the bigger issue.

Just incredible.

Reaction Score
If you are a NYG fan..you know that somewhere tonight Tom Coughlin is smiling to himself and the word "redemption" has most likely rolled off his lips! What a complete and utter joke of a pick taking Eli Apple at 10. They have no NFL caliber LB's..no one to play RT. And to boot that moron Jerry Reese just paid Janoris Jenkins HUGE $$ to start opposite DRC at corner. @Palatine you can say all the stuff you want about Jerry Reese being a good NFL GM..tonight his pick in the first round reinforced what a disgrace it was that Mara & Tisch let him stay!

I think Reese is an average GM, I thought Accorsi was much better. Reese played it very safe, but he did follow Accorsi's mantra, "you can never have too many pass rushers or cornerbacks." The other consideration is that your third corner is needed over half the time as offenses line up with three WRs about 60% of the time in the NFL.

Personally, I have wished for a first round LB for years, I would have taken Jack even with the health issues.

I suspect they will go offense in round two either a WR or RT.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Jerry Reese is awful. He's hideous. It's like he goes into a draft wanting a couple of players and god forbid a team in front of him takes that player - or even worse a last minute trade comes in and Reese's player is gone - he has no idea how to react.

Is he not aware that you can trade down? God why couldn't the Giants have just cleaned complete house while they were taking Coughlin down. Reese was always the bigger issue.

Just incredible.

The best was every tweet the Giants put out after the pick, EVERY fan response was negative. Every one.

Reaction Score
I think Reese is an average GM, I thought Accorsi was much better. Reese played it very safe, but he did follow Accorsi's mantra, "you can never have too many pass rushers or cornerbacks." The other consideration is that your third corner is needed over half the time as offenses line up with three WRs about 60% of the time in the NFL.

Personally, I have wished for a first round LB for years, I would have taken Jack even with the health issues.

I suspect they will go offense in round two either a WR or RT.
Pal saying Reese ia na avg GM is being way too kind to the man. They better get a RT in this draft or Nassib will be running that offense and the NYG will be picking in the top spot next year!

Reaction Score
The Skins better not pass on Jack. I'll make FDNY's rant look like a fairytale. It's time to take on that risk.

Edit: not a terrible pick in Doctson. Still would've preferred Jack there.
Jimmy he's still on the board so there is hope on Jack.

Reaction Score
Jimmy he's still on the board so there is hope on Jack.

That wheel of his must be in a bad shape. If you get 5 healthy years out of him he's a top 5 talent in this draft. Someone's getting a steal in Round 2.

Who did you want at 10? I would've been screaming for Tunsil if I were a Giants fan.

Reaction Score
That wheel of his must be in a bad shape. If you get 5 healthy years out of him he's a top 5 talent in this draft. Someone's getting a steal in Round 2.

Who did you want at 10? I would've been screaming for Tunsil if I were a Giants fan.
I actually wanted to see them trade down into the 15-16 range and take a tackle...I liked Decker there for the right side..even Apple at 15-16 isn't a bad pick. This is all about Reese sleeping at the wheel..in WAY over this head with that tool director of scouting Marc Ross. As for Tunsil..I wanted no part of him what so ever even before that gif came out last night. He is a disaster in the making.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would want no part of Jack in Round 2. To me, he is a Saturday selection at best. Tremendous potential obviously...but, ligaments separating away from the bone?? Yeah, that spells nothing but trouble. I'm sure some team will reach up today to draft him...which will be good news for my Pats at 60 and 61. I was really hoping some team would be foolish enough to draft him in Round 1 and get saddled with a bigger cap hit once they have to cut him in 1-2 years.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Oh man. This is going to get really really ugly.

The poor Ole Miss women's chess team. Surely the NCAA will lay the hammer down on them.

Reaction Score
I would want no part of Jack in Round 2. To me, he is a Saturday selection at best. Tremendous potential obviously...but, ligaments separating away from the bone?? Yeah, that spells nothing but trouble. I'm sure some team will reach up today to draft him...which will be good news for my Pats at 60 and 61. I was really hoping some team would be foolish enough to draft him in Round 1 and get saddled with a bigger cap hit once they have to cut him in 1-2 years.
With the rookie salary slotting system now..his cap hit won't be that bad. I hope the NYG take Jack or Jaylon Smith. Either of those 2 guys at 80% are MUCH better than what they have on the roster.

Dooley

Reaction Score
With the rookie salary slotting system now..his cap hit won't be that bad. I hope the NYG take Jack or Jaylon Smith. Either of those 2 guys at 80% are MUCH better than what they have on the roster.

Eh, I wouldn't touch him until Saturday but that's just me. Not my money but if he's there at 60, maybe the Pats can trade out of that spot and get back a 4 or a 5 while still netting Davis at 61.

Reaction Score
If we're going for a receiver to go along with Beckham Jr and Cruz, how about Michael Thomas from Ohio State? Might be a nice add to the offense. Maybe they go back to the offensive line who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom