Next 12 baseball games | The Boneyard

Next 12 baseball games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the next 12 games ( 6 OOC, 6 BE), Uconn plays only 1 team that has a winning record. That team is CCSU this Wednesday. I am hoping for AT LEAST 9 wins over this stretch. This would get us to 18 - 14 ( or better). And with the tough start we had that would not be bad. We seem to be hitting the ball better. Hoping Ward's sore arm is ok. He is supposed to start the home opener next Friday against Seton Hall. Ryan Moore had a nice weekend and is hitting around .320 from the 9th spot. He has been a pleasant surprise.

Reaction Score
In the next 12 games ( 6 OOC, 6 BE), Uconn plays only 1 team that has a winning record. That team is CCSU this Wednesday. I am hoping for AT LEAST 9 wins over this stretch. This would get us to 18 - 14 ( or better). And with the tough start we had that would not be bad. We seem to be hitting the ball better. Hoping Ward's sore arm is ok. He is supposed to start the home opener next Friday against Seton Hall. Ryan Moore had a nice weekend and is hitting around .320 from the 9th spot. He has been a pleasant surprise.

Reaction Score
Should have stated we would be at least 19 - 14 if we win 9 of next 12.

Reaction Score

9-10 wins would be great

7-8 wins, good but could have performed a tad better

4-6 unacceptable

0-3 horrible get out and run away

In bold is what I want, but I like your assessment.

Reaction Score
9-10 wins would be great

7-8 wins, good but could have performed a tad better

4-6 unacceptable

0-3 horrible get out and run away

In bold is what I want, but I like your assessment.

I may be over confident , but I actually would be disappointed with 7 - 8 wins. I am thinking we should go at worse 5 -1 in OOC games and I believe we can win 2 of 3 in each BE series. Especially if we get Brian Ward back.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
8 wins would be OK. 7 or less would be disappointing, especially since our pitching should perform well against these teams.

We should be above .500 pretty soon. It was painful looking at our 6-11 record on www.d1baseball.com a week ago.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i would lump them like this.

uhart/ccsu/umass/quinn/brown-need 4 of 5 at worst

shu3/bc/pitt3-5 or better is a great 12 game stretch, 4 would be ok depending on the group one results. 3 or worse and the postseason isn't happening. these are games we can and should mostly win. taking l's will not work for this teams chances. the bc game is a great chance for a good ooc away game W. they are having a year a bit like us but are showing well lately. it would be good for the sos/pri type #'s. we have to roll into sju that weekend hot and on a role. that will be one of the bigger weekend chances left for us this weekend to do damage in the BE and give us a shot at the ncaat.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
uhart-W
ccsu-W
shu-W
shu-L
shu-W

Reaction Score
uhart-W
ccsu-W
shu-W
shu-L
shu-W
4 - 1 is not a bad start. Our next 7 games are on the road, but all teams except BC have an RPI in the 200's. BC has an RPI in the mid 70's. I am hoping for a minimum of 5 - 2. We need to beat UMass, Brown and Quinnipiac. I would settle for a split (2 - 2) with BC, and the 3 games with Pitt. The BC game would be a nice win since their rpi is relatively high and it is a road game. My prediction is 6 - 1in the next 7.

Reaction Score
Have to win against UMass and BC. Would be great confidence boosters for the road trip against Pitt.

Reaction Score
I predicted 6 - 1 in our next 7 games starting with the UMass game. UMass was a must win. Couldn't afford a lose to them. Tomorrow's game is a great opportunity to get a quality road win. BC has an RPI in the mid 70's. Out of our last 30 games only nine games ( 3 each vs, USF, ND & UL) will be played against teams with a better RPI. Looking forward to the game.

U

UCONNfan1

sounds like a bit of a lofty asessment given where we've been so far this year, but as one poster said, only 1 team we play has a winning record, so hopefully the young team is starting to get it's "sea" legs...

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
In a 3 way tie for 1st in the conference. Not bad considering the start of the season.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
5-1 in our first 6. i would take that again in a heartbeat.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i would lump them like this.

uhart(W) / ccsu(W) / umass(W) / quinn(?) / brown(?)-need 4 of 5 at worst

shu3(WLW) / bc(L) / pitt3(WW?)-5 or better is a great 12 game stretch, 4 would be ok depending on the group one results. quote]

just looking at my earlier thoughts.

uhart-W
ccsu-W
shu-W
shu-L
shu-W
umass-W
bc-L
pitt-W
pitt-W
pitt-?
quinn-?
brown-?

a sweep of pitt(getting that 5th win out of 7 tough games) would be huge for this team imo. we seem to be taking care of bus vs the easier weekday matchups. if we can get the 3rd from pitt and take care of brown/quinn then this would be a great stretch of baseball considering the play. 10-2 would be fantastic and 9-3 would ge great but i really want 5 out of 7 vs the tougher teams.

Reaction Score
In my original post to start this thread, I was hoping for a 9 - 3 record at minimum over the 12 games. We are currently 8 - 2 with 2 very winnable OOC games this week. You never know in baseball, but we should end up 10 - 2. If we do win the next 2 we are then 20 - 13 with 24 games left. To get to 35 wins we would need to go 15 - 9 which is very doable. That would put us in NCAA at large consideration. GO HUSKIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom