Newton AP First-Team All-American | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Newton AP First-Team All-American

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CONGRATS TRISTEN!!! Amazing accomplishment and an amazing story for him. Barely recruited out of high school, nationally unknown on ECU, transfers to UConn and helps lead the team to a national championship. Comes back and now leads the best team in the country to its first ever overall #1 seed, leading the team in points assists and rebounds. Very well deserved.

Sorry but I can’t not pile on here..
Newton 1st team
Kolek 2nd team
Scheierman 3rd team
Devin Carter BE POY. Make it make sense?
Small-time regional conference looking out for its small-time regional programs instead of spotlighting its stars.

Reaction Score
So the AP realized there were 3 better players in the Big East than the scrub from the .500 team that they anointed player of the year? At least the AP got both the BE Player of the Year and 1st Team All American teams correct.

Reaction Score
So the AP realized there were 3 better players in the Big East than the scrub from the .500 team that they anointed player of the year? At least the AP got both the BE Player of the Year and 1st Team All American teams correct.
Genuine question, how is the Big East POY decided? Who's voting, the coaches?

Not the AP BE POY award that Newton won, the one the conference gives out that Carter won.

Reaction Score

Not the AP BE POY award that Newton won, the one the conference gives out that Carter won.
Coaches.

Reaction Score

Coaches

Reaction Score
CONGRATS TRISTEN!!! Amazing accomplishment and an amazing story for him. Barely recruited out of high school, nationally unknown on ECU, transfers to UConn and helps lead the team to a national championship. Comes back and now leads the best team in the country to its first ever overall #1 seed, leading the team in points assists and rebounds. Very well deserved.

Sorry but I can’t not pile on here..
Newton 1st team
Kolek 2nd team
Scheierman 3rd team
Devin Carter BE POY. Make it make sense?
Agreed on all points except first ever overall #1 seed. This isn’t the first time for us.

Reaction Score
Trying to remember all the previous UCONN 1st Team AA?

Donyell
Ray
Rip
Emeka
Thabeet??
Kemba
Shabazz

Who am I missing?
We've had 6 Consensus First Team All-Americans

Donyell (1994)
Ray (1996)
Rip (1999)
Emeka (2004)
Kemba (2011)
Shabazz (2014)

We've had 3 Consensus Second Team All-Americans

Rip (1998)
Rudy (2006)
Hasheem (2009)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Congrats to Tristen!

This makes the Big East look like even more of clown show naming Devin Carter CPOY.
Coach/Frosh/6th Man of the Year was enough…Conference POY would have been too much…

It’s not a coincidence the East Bracket is just what it is. A 6th title is being made as difficult as possible and it’s being done in a petty way.

Reaction Score
Huge congrats to Tristen! The best all-around player on the best team. Deserved to make it. I think more of a team award than the others on the list, but Tristen is also a great player in his own right. As others have said, yet another fail for the Big East.

xclamations

Back2Back2
Reaction Score
This
was in the making since last years title game.
They're wide awake and well aware now. Congrats#2!!!!!!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'll take that "scrub" on my team any day.
Take off the damn Husky glasses for 2 seconds.............................

Congrats to TN and all the UConn players for their successes this season

Reaction Score
Congrats to Triston Newton! Well deserved. I have said multiple times that Triston is the most important player on this team, and he kept proving it to us over and over again.

We gonna miss Triston when he leaves UConn. He definitely should be one of the all time greats.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Triston Newton! Well deserved. I have said multiple times that Triston is the most important player on this team, and he kept proving it to us over and over again.

We gonna miss Triston when he leaves UConn. He definitely should be one of the all time greats.
Add “Triston” to the misspellings of his first name. First time I’ve ever seen that one. Kid has been here 2 years, won a National Championship, and now he’s a First Team All American and some on here still can’t spell his name right. I give up. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll take that "scrub" on my team any day.
Take off the damn Husky glasses for 2 seconds.............................

Congrats to TN and all the UConn players for their successes this season
Even with my UConn glasses off, Tristen was the best player on BY FAR the best team in the league. He earned player of the year on the court and the AP voters unanimously are of the same opinion. Carter is a nice player, plays hard and is the best on ball defender in the Big East, but he’s the 4th or 5th best player in the Big East. End of discussion.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Add “Triston” to the misspellings of his first name. First time I’ve ever seen that one. Kid has been here 2 years, won a National Championship, and now he’s a First Team All American and some on here still can’t spell his name right. I give up. :)
Huupar Scuupar cries, "Ancle."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak