Newton and Clingan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Newton and Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Loved seeing him get real thinking about his decision to come to UConn 2 years ago.

Great kid, humble as hell. Does anyone else notice the Champs hats they are wearing are Purdues's black and gold?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
In a way, Clingan was somewhat unheralded in this game… he was phenomenal… if he didn’t defend like he did, Edey could kick out for open 3’s. He completely took that away.

I was thinking this morning, it's pretty cool that Hurley and Clingan were both OK with the strategy of letting Edey put up a ton of points on a guy who every NBA scout is watching. Winning comes first.

And, incredibly, we can all say today that Clingan did a heckuva job on a guy who ended up with 37. He did his job: staying on the floor and thereby allowing our perimeter guys to blanket their guards.

Reaction Score
clingan got himself in foul trouble a bit out of frustration, and that made us adjust the game plan around to accomadate.....but IMO the POTG was clingan wearing him out and the small lineup ultimatley smashing the door closed in his face
This reminded me of a famous quote when a player, or coach, was asked, how do you try to stop George Gervin (the Iceman)? Answer: You just hope that his arm gets tired after 40 shots.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Great kid, humble as hell. Does anyone else notice the Champs hats they are wearing are Purdues's black and gold?
I was of course looking for swag and noticed the weird gold coloring too.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Before Newton committed in the portal, I did a 2-part timestamped re-watch of his game against us his freshman year. It's the only time I've ever done something like that.

My last words:
"Bring him in Danny."

Who were the players named Floyd and Gaffney you were referring to?

Reaction Score
In a way, Clingan was somewhat unheralded in this game… he was phenomenal… if he didn’t defend like he did, Edey could kick out for open 3’s. He completely took that away.
Jay wrights analysis was spot on. Cling stifled that left shoulder and really bothered edey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom