News links 10/30 (better late than never), and other stuff | The Boneyard

News links 10/30 (better late than never), and other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Here's the deal with the newslinks and with me in general -

I lost my job earlier this year when the company I was working for fired everyone in our office and moved to San Francisco (long, tedious story I would rather not relive). I've been working temp jobs for a while but have finally landed a permanent job in New Haven. I need to leave pretty early to get to work without sitting in traffic forever so while I will try to get the newslinks up every day, I will rely on some of our wonderful posters to fill in the gaps. I'm looking at you, JavaMan and WireChief, among others. Many thanks for your efforts

Besides the job thing, I've been in and out due to some serious family issues - a relative with Alzheimers, a family member's cancer diagnosis, and two relatives that have passed on - and other things. To be totally honest, it's tough to read about people arguing about the proper length of basketball shorts or Candace Parker when there are real life problems that seem so much more important.

But it's time to get along, so I've decided to move onward and upward, doing my best to embrace the positive. I'm not always consistent with this so please forgive me my cranky days. Try to be kind. :)

Paying it forward for my crankiness - a peace offering, some belated newslinks:

Former Olympic high jump hopeful Gabby Williams focused on basketball, Register
Do fans need to temper their expectations for UConn women’s basketball this season?, Channel 8 (Oct. 27)
Connecticut Women's Basketball 2016-17 Preview, HeroSports (Oct. 27)
UConn Women No. 1 In USA Today Coaches Poll, Despite New Cast Of Characters, Courant (Oct. 27
Outlooks for women's basketball preseason top 25, USA Today (Oct. 27)

serenity_prayer.png

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Best wishes Nan in all the things that really matter- You and your family. Please lean on us as much as we have leaned on you over the years.

Reaction Score
Here's the deal with the newslinks and with me in general -

I lost my job earlier this year when the company I was working for fired everyone in our office and moved to San Francisco (long, tedious story I would rather not relive). I've been working temp jobs for a while but have finally landed a permanent job in New Haven. I need to leave pretty early to get to work without sitting in traffic forever so while I will try to get the newslinks up every day, I will rely on some of our wonderful posters to fill in the gaps. I'm looking at you, JavaMan and WireChief, among others. Many thanks for your efforts

Besides the job thing, I've been in and out due to some serious family issues - a relative with Alzheimers, a family member's cancer diagnosis, and two relatives that have passed on - and other things. To be totally honest, it's tough to read about people arguing about the proper length of basketball shorts or Candace Parker when there are real life problems that seem so much more important.

But it's time to get along, so I've decided to move onward and upward, doing my best to embrace the positive. I'm not always consistent with this so please forgive me my cranky days. Try to be kind. :)

Paying it forward for my crankiness - a peace offering, some belated newslinks:

Former Olympic high jump hopeful Gabby Williams focused on basketball, Register
Do fans need to temper their expectations for UConn women’s basketball this season?, Channel 8 (Oct. 27)
Connecticut Women's Basketball 2016-17 Preview, HeroSports (Oct. 27)
UConn Women No. 1 In USA Today Coaches Poll, Despite New Cast Of Characters, Courant (Oct. 27
Outlooks for women's basketball preseason top 25, USA Today (Oct. 27)

serenity_prayer.png
Best advice I ever received Serenity Prayer Nan! My thoughts and prayers with you and your family. I understand about cranky days because health issues and my granddaughter was reading to me and she said Gpa dont ever let anything ruin your whole day. You might have a bad moment but it doesnt have to be the whole day. I said you are absolutely right sweetheart. She is in 3rd grade but reads at an eigth grade level. She said it to me in May when I was in the hospital for my 26th hospitalization since 2012 and 7th amputation. That advice from her has helped me. I just wanted to share that with you and hope it gave you a smile, thanks Nan!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
We're all behind you Nan in whatever you do. Our best wishes are for you whatever may befall you.

Reaction Score
Thank you Nan for all the time and insight you put in ... you are greatly appreciated ...

Reaction Score
Yes, indeed, to all the above sentiments of support, Nan. We are all in your debt and behind you. You have the tenacity of a Husky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom