New York Post Article | The Boneyard

New York Post Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It means exactly what I've been frigging saying for weeks, while everybody's been following the beat of the Coach P and D don't know what they're doing drum. THe coaches have to coach, the players have to play. That means preparation and practice every day.

I want to see this team put the thing in gear and keep it in a gear, and we'll know if they've managed to do it after a win for once, rather than coming off a loss - in about 24 hours.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, if it takes 80% of the season before the HC can say: "was the first week that we hit practice on all cylinders, prepared the right way", what does that say about the coaching staff?

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm missing something here. It is hard to hide on the football field. If you are OL there are crazy defensive guys trying to tear your arms off, if a DL or LB there are 300 lb guys trying to pancake you, if you are a 180 lb CB there are crazy fast WR guys trying to embarras you and 200 lb (unless you are Uconn) RB trying to stick their shoulders through your chest - etc. How do you go into a game less prepared than the best you can be or how do you let the guy next to you down by being less prepared or put up with the guy next to you not being prepared 'cause that is going to get you killed?

Makes no sense to me unless he means didn't know how to prepare to accomplish what the coaches were asking them to learn each week. Like every lineman not sure if reading offensive formations right so not flying to their spots, etc. If that's what he means by "right" = comfortable with interpreting coaches instruction of 1st year coach - then I get it.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, if it takes 80% of the season before the HC can say: "was the first week that we hit practice on all cylinders, prepared the right way", what does that say about the coaching staff?

First off, it was a player that said it - not a coach, and I haven't absolved the coaching staff of blame for anything.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm missing something here. It is hard to hide on the football field. If you are OL there are crazy defensive guys trying to tear your arms off, if a DL or LB there are 300 lb guys trying to pancake you, if you are a 180 lb CB there are crazy fast WR guys trying to embarras you and 200 lb (unless you are Uconn) RB trying to stick their shoulders through your chest - etc. How do you go into a game less prepared than the best you can be or how do you let the guy next to you down by being less prepared or put up with the guy next to you not being prepared 'cause that is going to get you killed?

Makes no sense to me unless he means didn't know how to prepare to accomplish what the coaches were asking them to learn each week. Like every lineman not sure if reading offensive formations right so not flying to their spots, etc. If that's what he means by "right" = comfortable with interpreting coaches instruction of 1st year coach - then I get it.

Becasue during the week, they're 18-21 year old college kids, that at UConn - actually go to class, and have to go to study hall, and they chase girls, and they want to go out to nickel night, and they want to be college kids too, becuase UConn is a fun place for college kids during the week.

Weekends? Not so much, it wasn't when I was there, and I understand not much different now (although they're building the new storrs center thing).

Focus has got to be there, all the time, to win consistently at the level we want to be at.

I've written enough. Game time in about 20 hours. Can't wait to see what kind of week they had this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom