New York is UConn Country (based on S16 ticket sales) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New York is UConn Country (based on S16 ticket sales)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The '04 Championship was the best memory I ever had of the BET. All because of the shenanigans of Pitt fans in the stands. One idiot Pitt fan bet $500 when Pitt was up double digits in the second half. UConn fan said he didn't want any points, straight up. Everyone in our section knew about this because they had a "neutral" party hold the $1k.

Similar for me was the '02 championship. Pitt fans were seriously deplorable ... no one was off limits. Made that Taliek heave and the win that much sweeter.

The concourses were slippery from their tears.

Reaction Score
Ecv6mDI.png

Reaction Score
Yeah, you definitely want to try to set that up inside MSG; once you are out on the street the scalpers will be out in force buying up those tickets. At both the BET and NCCAT games I try to feel people out about it during the game to see what their plans are. Most people are pretty open to the conversation and will let you know if they are holding and keeping, holding and selling if their team loses, or not holding.

I encountered scalpers inside the concourses. Don't put it past them.

And another thing. For high demand events like this, the scalpers seemed willing to eat tickets too if they didn't get a good premium (in Buffalo that was $80 over face). I encountered an empty row in my section when I knew scalpers were selling that row and lots of people were dying to buy at more reasonable prices.

Reaction Score
Someone should show these articles to a few misinformed posters on ISU's forum.

"UConn will be the 4th best supported fanbase and its an hr train ride for their fans. UVA will be the best and is who is driving the market. They are starved for success. Then you have MSU. Then ISU. THen Uconn.
I'd buy now they will go up to 400 to get in friday. Instead of getting crap for 500 get lower level seats for 600 a strip 300 a session while you can.

Again Uconn is playing whats close to being a home game and the 3 other teams are going to bring just as many fans. UVA should have the most and they have deep pockets. ISU and MSU will be well represented."

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

"UConn will be the 4th best supported fanbase and its an hr train ride for their fans. UVA will be the best and is who is driving the market. They are starved for success. Then you have MSU. Then ISU. THen Uconn.
I'd buy now they will go up to 400 to get in friday. Instead of getting crap for 500 get lower level seats for 600 a strip 300 a session while you can.

Again Uconn is playing whats close to being a home game and the 3 other teams are going to bring just as many fans. UVA should have the most and they have deep pockets. ISU and MSU will be well represented."
You can't reason with delusional...

Reaction Score

Who cares. I'd rather have them think this all week and be like OH on Friday night.

Reaction Score

I'm praying that I get the good news tomorrow but volume wise I feel I am worth at least 3 ISU fans easy.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score

LMAOOOOOO just CT alone has well over the majority of the tickets.

Reaction Score
The guy that posted that goes by the name of SyracuseClone. Grew up in Ames, moved to Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Yeah that might be the dumbest post ever. I do think Virginia will travel well.

Reaction Score
UVa will indeed travel well. MSU fans bought their tickets for Dallas. But if Uconn wins Friday with what should be a partisan crowd, then watch out because Sunday will be 80% Uconn :)

I wish Uconn was the late game. If it was UNC, it would have been

Reaction Score
Ha so it's uconn's fans fault I had to pay 300 bucks for arizona-uconn, worth every penny!

Reaction Score
I can't imagine the Garden not being 80% UConn fans. If ISU had a game 100 miles away, it was the sweet 16, and tickets were less than $500....I can only dream.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine the Garden not being 80% UConn fans. If ISU had a game 100 miles away, it was the sweet 16, and tickets were less than $500....I can only dream.

Go to MSG on Friday, and you will be able to picture it very easily.

Reaction Score
I just paid an astronomical amount of money for a bar stool seat. Any uconn fans going to be in 318?

Reaction Score

haha I'm not even sure how to react to that. I can see Michigan State fans making a good showing, but that ISU poster is ignoring reality.

Reaction Score
haha I'm not even sure how to react to that. I can see Michigan State fans making a good showing, but that ISU poster is ignoring reality.
The other three schools will make fine showings.

But UConn fans will the be most represented...by far.

Reaction Score
The national media has definitely bought into UConn's influence. At the end of the Dan Patrick show (yes, I know it's filmed in Milford) they mentioned the most expensive March Madness ticket being at MSG due to UConn. The follow-up Yahoo Sports show on NBCSN also mentioned UConn's driving MSG prices. With a strong showing this weekend this will be a dream tournament for the Huskies to show off their influence in the critical NYC media market. The ACC and Big 10 would have to take notice.

Reaction Score

Fourth best supported fanbase? Where was that quoted from...a Joe Zone blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom