New Year's Wish | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Year's Wish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chief has been horribly wrong and sometimes, rarely, right. The things he has been right on are things that people only in a innerish circle could know. I do, however, despise his opinions on many matters. I will adjust my hope meter accordingly.
If you look at his prediction with a rational thought process it's WAY off base. If Benedict was going to fire Diaco after 1/2 outside of a decreased buyout he should have done it after the season. Why let him recruit a class when the next coach wants his own players. Why let him continue to offer kids for 2018 as well. The new guy should have his say about S&C as well...and yes the kids are now elbows deep in S&C prep for next season. Same with going over film.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Benedict did say they were shopping for a new OC right? The closer it gets to Jan 1st without a new OC named the more I wonder what is going on. I'm still surprised that we haven't heard about more assistants getting the axe as I figured 3 would be gone, maybe a couple more if they wanted to jump ship before it sank. So maybe the silence on coaching changes so far is golden. As of right now Verducci is listed as Tight Ends coach and there is no one listed as OC. I'd be mildly shocked if the staff remained as is with only the addition of a OC going into signing day. Maybe that OC has yet to participate in his bowl game and after that(ala Randy Edsall) he'll hop a flight for CT.
He was referring to a new head coach not a new OC. Your theory has much more weight and is actually a possibility.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He was referring to a new head coach not a new OC. Your theory has much more weight and is actually a possibility. His is just a pipe dream..and more if his bulls**t here on the football board.

I also wonder if the plan is, after naming a new OC, to delay any other coaching changes till after signing day in a attempt to hang on to what recruits do sign.

Reaction Score
I also wonder if the plan is, after naming a new OC, to delay any other coaching changes till after signing day in a attempt to hang on to what recruits do sign.
Could be...or it also could be that the new OC will get some say in the offensive staff.

Reaction Score
Could be...or it also could be that the new OC will get some say in the offensive staff.
Eh, if your gonna axe a coach you just take the hit to your recruiting class that year. It's not like we're battling Bama for the top class in the country. The only reason for a delay is the buyout money. I'm almost positive Diaco is coming back for year 4 though.

Reaction Score
If they found $3.4 mill to fire in January, they'd have found the other $1.7 mill to do it now, giving the new coach a chance to save recruiting class, recruit others and build a coaching staff.

Chief's briefs is full of skid marks.

Reaction Score
True, in May my information was the Big 12 was expanding and they did go down that path and it took many twists and turns after that - the information was good - but the future is never certain - in this case the networks really pushed back hard.

Huskymedic - you know you are not being fair because I IM you about where a football recruit was going and when this year and it was on the money - you did not mention that prediction in your post.

Tad different... it was fairly common knowledge where he was going in town/high school football circles absent an 18 y/o suddenly changing his mind or a situation outside his control.

So to clarify this post - you are saying there will be an "announcement" after 1/2 regarding the head coach and it could be he's staying or could be he's leaving?

Reaction Score
The only way we'd wait until after 1/2 to make this decision is if it's someone from the NFL who can't come earlier anyway

Reaction Score
You are full of as usual! I mean let's see we have the Orange Bowl...is he gonna hire Harbaugh or Jimbo Fisher; or we have the Cotton Bowl...will it be P.J Fleck or Paul Chryst; The Rose Bowl...James Franklin or Clay Helton both were on the hot seat this year and could be open to a new job; The Sugar Bowl...yean both Gus Malzhan and Bob Stoops would be in for a new challenge. Which of this group will it be @Chief00?

Granted, I don't give any credence to a Chief rumor. That said, Lashlee and Moorhead would make sense as candidates we would target. Yes, I realize Moorhead said he is staying.

Reaction Score
Granted, I don't give any credence to a Chief rumor. That said, Lashlee and Moorhead would make sense as candidates we would target. Yes, I realize Moorhead said he is staying.
BUT, the one thing about $$$... it talks (and BS runs a marathon)

Reaction Score
Say what you want about my next comment, but you know who I honestly wouldn't mind one bit became our HC? He just got canned, yes, but he brings in recruits and his offense normally produce... and yes, he's a little older but...

Tommy Tuberville.

C

Chief00

Chief's sources are people in a position to make semi-educated guesses. He then passes those guesses off as his own and as statements of fact.

Did you read my post? - I did not present as fact. I said I had not been able to confirm.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Take note of the date I posted and tie it to a major bowl game - after 1/2

Who knows if he's right. But I will note that Auburn plays on January 2 and our AD obviously has ties. I'll also note that Penn State and Moorhead play on January 2 as well, as do Western Michigan and PJ Fleck. So, there are some options.

Reaction Score
Eh, if your gonna axe a coach you just take the hit to your recruiting class that year. It's not like we're battling Bama for the top class in the country. The only reason for a delay is the buyout money. I'm almost positive Diaco is coming back for year 4 though.
Same here. I believe he's coming back and I do hope 2017 is NOT a wasted year. I hope the guy can get this thing turned around but I sure wish he'd tap into the JUCO ranks for a couple experienced linemen if for no other reason than to add depth as insurance. The Huskies got lucky with the injury bug(exception only being Sherrifs. I know, big exception) this season.

Reaction Score
Did you read my post? - I did not present as fact. I said I had not been able to confirm.
So now you are back peddling on your prediction? You are The Boneyard version of the Dude and MH3...play both sides of the fence so you can say you are right once something happens.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If they found $3.4 mill to fire in January, they'd have found the other $1.7 mill to do it now, giving the new coach a chance to save recruiting class, recruit others and build a coaching staff.

Chief's briefs is full of skid marks.

You realize nobody can do any recruiting right now, right? There was never any chance they'd can Bob a month and a half early at a cost of $1.7M. If he was going, it was only ever going to be in January. Since there is no statement that he is staying, and there has been zero action on hiring an OC...why is it so hard to believe?

Reaction Score
You realize nobody can do any recruiting right now, right? There was never any chance they'd can Bob a month and a half early at a cost of $1.7M. If he was going, it was only ever going to be in January. Since there is no statement that he is staying, and there has been zero action on hiring an OC...why is it so hard to believe?
Why let his staff stay on the road recruiting and bringing in all the verbals after the last official visit hosting they did the weekend of the banquet? They brought a lot of kids to campus and put on the full court press.

C

Chief00

So now you are back peddling on your prediction? You are The Boneyard version of the Dude and MH3...play both sides of the fence so you can say you are right once something happens.
You can't read. I am not backing off my original post - that was part of it.

C

Chief00

Wise man.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Why let his staff stay on the road recruiting and bringing in all the verbals after the last official visit hosting they did the weekend of the banquet? They brought a lot of kids to campus and put on the full court press.

Because he's still bein paid, and he isn't an . Do you think Diaco wants to or can afford to burn any bridges? He'd be even less desireable. I have no idea if Chief is right or not. I am only saying that until we hear a statement that's he's coming back or even that a new OC is hired (which they wouldn't do if they were firing him) it is still in play.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Because he's still bein paid, and he isn't an . Do you think Diaco wants to or can afford to burn any bridges? He'd be even less desireable. I have no idea if Chief is right or not. I am only saying that until we hear a statement that's he's coming back or even that a new OC is hired (which they wouldn't do if they were firing him) it is still in play.

With out any official word on the OC or an official endorsement for 2017 from BD, the possibility of being canned on 1/2 remains a real possibility. And it maybe the case that BD's plan on 1/2 remains in the air at the late hour too and might not be settled until the last moment.

In any event, on 1/2 BD better come out with a statement on the 2017 so we can put this all behind us for the remainder of the off season. Don't let us get into January with questions remaining.

As for recruiting, I think Diaco is really pushing hard. Seems like he is digging deeper for speed and athleticism (rather than size) and if he can haul in some combination of Gamble, DeVera, Jones, Crawford and McKenzie, he'd be doing okay. Still need a QB transfer, an OL transfer among some other needs.

Reaction Score
Maybe because Benedict and Scott Linehan figure Linehan won't be able to take over here till mid February anyways so why not let the current staff do the recruiting for them. By the time the Super Bowl is over it should be right around signing day so kinda perfect timing. Linehan shows off his shiny new ring to the recruits, they all stay on board and sign.

Oops!! Did I say that outloud?

Reaction Score
Maybe because Benedict and Scott Linehan figure Linehan won't be able to take over here till mid February anyways so why not let the current staff do the recruiting for them. By the time the Super Bowl is over it should be right around signing day so kinda perfect timing. Linehan shows off his shiny new ring to the recruits, they all stay on board and sign.

Oops!! Did I say that outloud?
Scott Linehan...really come one @weyuo you can do bette than that.

Reaction Score
You don't put on the showcase they did this weekend if you are getting fired. there is recruiting and were is recruiting to fill out your class with kids you have identified as who you want. have you guys ever wondered that maybe Benedict has already made his statement about Diaco coming back and doesn't feel the need to justify it again. He was pretty clear leading up to the Tulane game that he was coming back. If things haven't changed why keep saying it. As for the OC hire...I am not surprised we haven't hear anything yet...actually I figured there would be nothing until after the Caches Convention which is January 8-11 in Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom