New starting lineup suggestion... (merged) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

New starting lineup suggestion... (merged)

Reaction Score
Paige
Azzi
Qadence
Aubrey
Aaliyah

Not suggesting we throw out the baby with the bathwater, but this team lacks athleticism and quickness. It reminds me of Geno's joke about Maria Conlon... "well she's short, but she's also slow".

I get that we lack size, but against State, it wasn't the post players who killed us. It was the guards who seemed to zip past us all game long. Baldwin and Collins (their starting forwards) combined for 14 total points. Maybe starting the game out with a more athletic look will work better? Flip side to that - we won the first quarter with our normal starting 5, so who knows?? But especially after seeing this game, how Geno decided to start Caroline over Aubrey is a mystery to me.

To be honest, I'm not oppose to starting KK over Azzi either. So far, if Azzi isn't hitting her 3, she's a liability on the floor. Trying NOT to let knee jerk frustration dominate the starting 5 decision, but I'm so confused about this team. Thoughts?
"But especially after seeing this game, how Geno decided to start Caroline over Aubrey is a mystery to me." 100% agree

Reaction Score
"But especially after seeing this game, how Geno decided to start Caroline over Aubrey is a mystery to me." 100% agree
Well, he just committed to her starting again on Sunday. He said he expects there will be games that she's on and plays 38 minutes. Maybe just maybe Geno sees things in practice we don't and truly thinks she can be a 20 PPG type scorer. It's in there. We saw it Freshman year.

Reaction Score
Well, he just committed to her starting again on Sunday. He said he expects there will be games that she's on and plays 38 minutes. Maybe just maybe Geno sees things in practice we don't and truly thinks she can be a 20 PPG type scorer. It's in there. We saw it Freshman year.
It's not gonna happen . She has no handle, can't rebound , she cherry picks quite a bit . Shed be luck to average 10. With her length she should get at least 6 to 8 on put backs.

Reaction Score
I think she deserves to start,Geno has a good feel for her. As he said if it looks like she struggling he has options. Down the road he possibly could try her off the bench to ease her in. A solid heathy CD is the goal and that’s a huge plus for our squad……. Just my two cents

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom