New Sheriff in Town & Its Notre Dame | The Boneyard

New Sheriff in Town & Its Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
ND gradates McBride Achonwa and Braker this season. We still have Breanna Morgan MoJeff Kiah and KML lets see what happens. I think we play them next season.

HGN

Reaction Score
That new Sheriff (ND) is policing the the State of ACC. Apparently the old Sheriff
(Duke) has been voted out and the deputy Sheriff of the old BE has been elected. I , for one , am glad to see the promotion for our old BE deputy. A well deserved promotion and now is ruling the State of ACC.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That new Sheriff (ND) is policing the the State of ACC. Apparently the old Sheriff
(Duke) has been voted out and the deputy Sheriff of the old BE has been elected. I , for one , am glad to see the promotion for our old BE deputy. A well deserved promotion and now is ruling the State of ACC.
Agree. Next year I think it will be ND and UNC fighting for the top of the ACC with Maryland close behind. Duke will drop off a bit and depending on how their injured players return, could surprise people, but right now I think it's ND and UNC for the immediate future.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Agree. Next year I think it will be ND and UNC fighting for the top of the ACC with Maryland close behind. Duke will drop off a bit and depending on how their injured players return, could surprise people, but right now I think it's ND and UNC for the immediate future.
Maryland??

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maryland??
Yep. Maryland. They lose Thomas, Rutan, DeVaughn and Townsend, but the cupboard is hardly bare after they leave. They have a good mix of size and solid guards. They will return 3 of their top 5 scorers from this year and while they don't have a good class coming in next year (highest recruit is #50'ish Kiara Leslie), they should be solid next year. the 2015 recruiting class will be huge Maryland in terms of must gets. If they don't land several players in the top 20, they could see themselves fall further.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Yep. Maryland. They lose Thomas, Rutan, DeVaughn and Townsend, but the cupboard is hardly bare after they leave. They have a good mix of size and solid guards. They will return 3 of their top 5 scorers from this year and while they don't have a good class coming in next year (highest recruit is #50'ish Kiara Leslie), they should be solid next year. the 2015 recruiting class will be huge Maryland in terms of must gets. If they don't land several players in the top 20, they could see themselves fall further.
Where have all the Terrapins gone? Gone to B10, every one.

Reaction Score
And ex-BE West Virginia possibly winning the Big 12 or sharing it with Baylor. :)

54 TO GO

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Im not :oops:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Next season (**sigh** cant believe I am referring to next season) will be an interesting one for Duke.
They don't have a guard in their recruiting class. ZERO! So I hope for our Duke friends that Jones comes back strong and in a reasonable about of time.

I think Maryland will be at or near the top of the Big10 along with Rutgers.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Do you really think the ACC is that good. The Big East had UConn ND and Louisville and theyre all great teams this season and not in the BE. The ACC has a couple of talented teams with big names and the schools have big names but the teams arent in UConns class. UConn has continued to get better year after year and maintain or increase their persona. No other team has done that. ND has been good for a couple of years and so have other teams but for the past 10 years no team has been able to compete with UConn consistently.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Next season ( *sigh* cant believe I am referring to next season) will be an interesting one for Duke.
They don't have a guard in their recruiting class. ZERO! So I hope for our Duke friends that Jones comes back strong and in a reasonable about of time.

I think Maryland will be at or near the top of the Big10 along with Rutgers.

As we discussed last summer, Calhoun is listed as Guard or as a Wing........ either way... she will have ball handling duties next year.. The Holland transfer has and will come back to haunt us.

I need to go through my old phone to retrieve my videos from last years ACC final. Looks like it might be awhile before I see the Duke women cutting down any nets in Greensboro :(

While I dont like this new sheriff coming into my backyard and rearranging things..... I strongly prefer this new sheriff from Indiana cutting down the nets, an making herself at home in the Coliseum this weekend than the alternative. My worse fear was/is either Maryland winning the ACC on their way out the door.. or the freshman from chapel hill winning the ACC on their first go around.

Reaction Score
ND gradates McBride Achonwa and Braker this season. We still have Breanna Morgan MoJeff Kiah and KML lets see what happens. I think we play them next season.
We lose more in Stef and Bria than they do in those three.

Reaction Score
When I first saw the title of this thread my mind went to "she's the sheriff" a show that starred Susanne Summers in the late 80's early 90's. Was not that great of a show and Notre Dame is..... Well I will be nice

HGN

Reaction Score
Im not :oops:
Aww come on Triad........You guys had a democratic vote down in the State of ACC and clearly elected ND as the new Sheriff in town. Now YOU want to have a recall. ND campaigned and went to every town in the State and asked them to vote , they all elected to lay down and vote ND in. And from what I can see it was a unanimous vote of about 20-0. All I want you to do is remember your new Sheriff was the 'Deputy' in the old BE for years. They were trained by the (BE)ST.:D:)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
We lose more in Stef and Bria than they do in those three.
Disagree.

McBride and Achonwa are the equals of Hartley and Dolson. On top of that they lose another starter and a leader in Braker.

It's more who will be back.

So, who would you favor looking at the possible starters.

ND

JR 5'11" Loyd guard
SO 6'3" Reimer forward
FR 6'4" Turner forward
SO 5'8" Allen guard
JR 5'10" Mabrey guard

They could start one of the bigs that got zero playing time, but who knows? We never got to see them.

Uconn

JR 6'4" Stewart forward
SR 6'3" Stokes Center
SR 5'11" KML forward
JR 5'7" Jefferson guard
SO 5'8" Chong guard

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Disagree.

McBride and Achonwa are the equals of Hartley and Dolson.
You sound like DiMauro. And I think both of you are wrong. I'd easily take Hartley and Dolson over McBride and Achonwa. McBride and Hartley are close, but I'd take Hartley the way she's been playing this year.

Reaction Score
Louisville will be in the ACC next year. I expect them to challenge Notre Dame for the conference

Reaction Score
When I first saw the title of this thread my mind went to "she's the sheriff" a show that starred Susanne Summers in the late 80's early 90's. Was not that great of a show and Notre Dame is..... Well I will be nice
My mind has wandered over to Suzanne a few times myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom