New school commitments by Transfers | Page 36 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
I would say the two biggest names remaining on the board are Saniya Rivers and Sonya Morris.
I assumed Rivers was going to one of the Carolina schools. She definitely is talented but the numbers her first year are pretty rough but its a small sample size.

I heard Sonya Morris visited FSU, no idea where she ends up though

Reaction Score
I assumed Rivers was going to one of the Carolina schools. She definitely is talented but the numbers her first year are pretty rough but its a small sample size.

I heard Sonya Morris visited FSU, no idea where she ends up though
Yeah, from the jump, I think it’s been a pretty fair guess that Rivers would choose NC State or UNC.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Wow, you don't see a lot of movement of players between schools who are bitter rivals. Gotta say she'll win more games in Tucson than she would've in Tempe.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looks like Adia realized she needs more SCORING. I don't know much of anything about Fields from Oklahoma St., but she was a double digit scorer. Loville averaged 16+ her last 2 seasons at Boise St. and Arizona St. Already proven she can score in the Pac 12. Maybe one or both of the Fr. guards can help as well. Is Pellington returning?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Looks like Adia realized she needs more SCORING. I don't know much of anything about Fields from Oklahoma St., but she was a double digit scorer. Loville averaged 16+ her last 2 seasons at Boise St. and Arizona St. Already proven she can score in the Pac 12. Maybe one or both of the Fr. guards can help as well. Is Pellington returning?
Pellington - yes. Also Reese, Ware, Pueyo and Madison Conner. Those were our 5 best players last year. The rest of the team will be via portal and recruits.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pellington - yes. Also Reese, Ware, Pueyo and Madison Conner. Those were our 5 best players last year. The rest of the team will be via portal and recruits.
I expected big things from Pueyo based on her Fr. year. Just never really made a jump. Still she does some of the little things and she can hit some 3s. Conner is a dangerous shooter as well. I suspect most of the players that transferred out won't be missed at all.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I expected big things from Pueyo based on her Fr. year. Just never really made a jump. Still she does some of the little things and she can hit some 3s. Conner is a dangerous shooter as well. I suspect most of the players that transferred out won't be missed at all.
I was very impressed with Bendu Yeaney's defense. She smothered Haley Jones in their one matchup. But yeah, a scorer she was not.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
What you got against Sam Thomas?
5 best players able to return, to be specific. Sam as you know has moved on to the WNBA. She was by far a favorite throughout her career.

Of the 5 returnees, I actually like them all, but can get frustrated with both Pellington and Reese, for different reasons.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Pueyo is solid, I too was disappointed she didn't make a jump, but if you really want to get in there and analyze Adia's coaching, that was probably the reason. I really think Adia overthought what she was doing this season, under the pressure of the previous season.

Conner is impressive as a shooter. Just needs minutes. Also a hustle player.

I agree 100% about the players that transferred out - some were very talented, and showed it in a game or 2, but if the new team is managed right, yes, I don't think most will be missed.

Reaction Score
Interesting approach to the portal by Adia, especially after some of her comments on last season and the portal in general. I definitely like their talent. It will be interesting to see her coach offense. She definitely has more options than last year, although I still think they may struggle with outside shooting.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
The mystery to me with the Adia Barnes Transfer Portal Extravaganza (subtitle, "Everyone Everywhere All At Once") is that many of her apparent problem children from this past year were themselves products of the transfer portal last off-season.

So I guess the question should be whether she failed to screen for "culture" when recruiting from the portal last season, or if maybe, just maybe, it is harder to teach "culture" in 4 months than she anticipated... If the latter, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Taylor Soule (Boston College) to Virginia Tech

20220512_212905.jpg

Whoa.. The Gobblers aint messing around

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads