New school commitments by Transfers | Page 34 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
Horston was not an AA. She was honorable mention, but didn't make a team.

Defending your other points, though. In spite of the fact that Tennessee has not recruited well from HS the last few classes, does it matter much if they are able to sign players like Hollingshead, Rickea Jackson and even Jaz Powell (not a HS AA, but has something even better...Div I starting experience and a team stat leader at that). The portal does change how the recruiting game is played, and Tennessee has capitalized on it. Missed them first time around? Catch 'em on the rebound instead.
NIL is changing how the recruiting game is played as much as the portal. Gov Lee signed legislation a few weeks ago that allowed Tenn universities to be involved in NIL collectives. I wouldn't be surprised if tenn wbb benefited from this. Hope they take advantage of the head start cuz I imagine by next year all states will have passed similar legislation.

Reaction Score
NIL is changing how the recruiting game is played as much as the portal. Gov Lee signed legislation a few weeks ago that allowed Tenn universities to be involved in NIL collectives. I wouldn't be surprised if tenn wbb benefited from this. Hope they take advantage of the head start cuz I imagine by next year all states will have passed similar legislation.
One thing Dawn has done over the years was stress to her players about building a brand, about getting a degree in something you really want to do and when the time comes, hiring an agent that fits you. You could see it immediately with some of her past players but it really hit home this year with NIL. As soon as it was available Destinni Henderson & Zia Cooke launched their own clothing line and and were ready to go and took advantage of it immediately and have done really, really well.

Most of the states already have those collectives because they weren't outlawed in those states. Those collectives are what's getting all the attention right now and that's what the Presidents are trying to ban. The NIL wasn't supposed to include Pay for Play which is what the collectives are doing with football and men's basketball. It won't be long before there are "some" rules in place. Tennessee may have to revert to putting money in McDonalds bags again.;)

Reaction Score
U turn back to topic

Kozlova was a very easy player to root for. By the time her sophomore season ended, she had improved enough to be a rotation player. Brenda just wasn't comfortable playing her in big moments. I wish her luck at Dayton.

Reaction Score
Does Mulkey have a good track record of helping posts develop their perimeter game?

Reaction Score
Does Mulkey have a good track record of helping posts develop their perimeter game?

When Baylor hired Collen it sounded like Smith and Egbo were happy to stay because they would get the opportunity to play on the perimeter more or just expand their game in general. Going from Maryland offense which is more like Baylor new offense under Collen, to LSU offense is a choice though because there is probably a reason Smith and Egbo didn't follow Mulkey to LSU.

Reaction Score
When Baylor hired Collen it sounded like Smith and Egbo were happy to stay because they would get the opportunity to play on the perimeter more or just expand their game in general. Going from Maryland offense which is more like Baylor new offense under Collen, to LSU offense is a choice though because there is probably a reason Smith and Egbo didn't follow Mulkey to LSU.
Not a leap to say Mulkey will help Reese improve her defense more than Frese could, but I’m skeptical about Reese’s “big guard” ideas in any offense.

Reaction Score
Hmm interesting. I do not think this really will impact the overall structure of the SEC as I think both SC and Tennessee should still be firmly ahead of them from a talent and depth perspective next year. I also do not see them as a national contender just yet either. However, this should get them to the Sweet 16 at the very least.

Reaction Score
Hmm interesting. I do not think this really will impact the overall structure of the SEC as I think both SC and Tennessee should still be firmly ahead of them from a talent and depth perspective next year. I also do not see them as a national contender just yet either However, this should get them to the Sweet 16 at the very least.
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

It does make their match ups with South Carolina and Tennessee a tad more interesting. Looking forward to seeing SEC conference games next season.

Reaction Score
I don’t get the over analysis of them not following Kim to LSU. Baylor was a senior heavy team last year and most those girls were on the brink of graduating as well. Plus I recall Egbo saying many stayed because they believe they had the talent and experience returning to compete for a natty. Kim went to a school that was in the dumps with a losing record

Collen did a good job recruiting those players to stay

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t get the over analysis of them not following Kim to LSU. Baylor was a senior heavy team last year and most those girls were on the brink of graduating as well. Plus I recall Egbo saying many stayed because they believe they had the talent and experience returning to compete for a natty. Kim went to a school that was in the dumps with a losing record
And to be honest. The less 3s Baylor took. The better they were. Expanding their range wasn't helping the team.

Reaction Score
Well that's what Reese wants to do. Is Mulkey going to put up with a 20% 3-point shooter?
No. I’m sure she will have no issue letting her shoot some but they aren’t gonna let her jack up a bunch of 3s every game. You can work to expand your game but you need to still be smart.

Although I do find it interesting after they brought back Bob Starkey, in a interview, they talked about needing to change to bring in more 3 point shooting, although I expected Morris/Poa/Johnson/Carson to do that.

Reaction Score
No. Kim does not have a good record of developing perimeter game of post players or preparing post players for WNBA. Only Baylor post player under Kim who succeeded in WNBA has been Griner.

Both Nalyssa and Queen have stated several times how much their perimeter game improved with Collen. Unless Kim’s coaching style has changed, it will be very interesting to see how it works out for Reese at LSU…….

Reaction Score
Well that's what Reese wants to do. Is Mulkey going to put up with a 20% 3-point shooter?
Where did Reese say she wanted to only shoot 3’s? Her quotes are about developing a midrange shot something that most BY’s agree she needs to do.

Reaction Score

I didn't mean to over analyze I just remember Smith in particular being quite happy about her new role in a very different offense. That is it

Reaction Score
I didn't mean to over analyze I just remember Smith in particular being quite happy about her new role in a very different offense. That is it
I read somewhere that Smith wanted to finish out her college career at Baylor & that was why she stayed. I do not think it matter who took over the Baylor job or where Mulkey was going.

Reaction Score
Oh I bet. Kim isn’t perfect by any means but she’s a good coach, she wins and her players love her. She will adjust but she does what she think she needs to do to win games.

But again Kim made some comments after the season ended and specifically talked about needing to change Xs and Os wise. I’ll be interested to see how it all turns out. It is evident they want to stretch the floor more moving forward based off their comments and some of the recruits they have coming in

Reaction Score
“Where did Reese say she wanted to only shoot 3’s? Her quotes are about developing a midrange shot something that most BY’s agree she needs to do.”

Reese wants to be a “big guard.” She wants to shoot 3s — I didn’t say how many — and play on the perimeter.

Reese is a hard worker and I have no doubt she’ll spend this summer working on her shot. But it is a flat shot and it takes a while to load up. If defenders are giving her 16-footers and she’s making 35% of them when she could be around 60% at the rim, that helps no one.

Plus her greatest asset is her offensive rebounding ability. The more she strays from the paint, the less effective that becomes.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom