New school commitments by Transfers | Page 30 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
Wait, what? VPI was already better than Duke as they still have the reigning ACC Player of the Year and something called “chemistry”.

And as we are on a UConn forum, any school references that can annoy other schools like UNCheat or VPI or the initials of a former coach (MM) I am 100% in favor of….
It could consider trolling if references to schools like the world's largest community college, Cow College, the University of New Jersey at Durham, dook, etc became the norm. Some people on this board have trouble with school abbreviations as is.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Is this thread ever going to return to the OP's premise?????????
You know, the official commitment announcement of a transferring player to their new school and comments about that choice.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

This helps to bolster the guard position at Michigan. I wonder who they're targeting in regards to forwards or posts.
The front court doesn't really have anyone to pick up where Hillmon left off. They lost one of their freshman to the portal and I only recall them bringing in guards with their 2022 class.

Should be more of a perimeter oriented team with Phelia, Kampschroeder and Brown all back. Not sure if Kiser is returning but she participated in senior day activities so I'm guessing she's done. If they can get a solid post (or 2) via the portal they could be top 3-4 in the Big Ten again.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Should be more of a perimeter oriented team with Phelia, Kampschroeder and Brown all back. Not sure if Kiser is returning but she participated in senior day activities so I'm guessing she's done. If they can get a solid post (or 2) via the portal they could be top 3-4 in the Big Ten again.
Or KBA could jump ship and go to Rutgers.
Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I looked at some of her video footage. Wow! I think the Vols may have struck gold with this pick up. Just a Sophomore with such a good upside! 6’5 and can hit a jumper? I’m a tad jealous of this get. I’ll admit it. She is better than Keys already and should get PT immediately.

Compare Key's freshman numbers to Jillian's freshman numbers and why does Jillian now get the benefit of the doubt to be better than rising senior Key? What am I missing because her UGA freshman stats look quite pedestrian.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Compare Key's freshman numbers to Jillian's freshman numbers and why does Jillian now get the benefit of the doubt to be better than rising senior Key? What am I missing because her UGA freshman stats look quite pedestrian.
She was also held our of games. She had swollen knee. So her time was limited.

Reaction Score
I’m just going off the eye test from Hollingheads videos and what I’ve seen from Keys. I’ve been wrong before. I just think Keys had better bring it. Also I think Hollingshead freshmen numbers were down because the starting center 5 was very capable at Georgia.

Reaction Score

I haven't seen too much of her but with all the transfers they had and their post season performance, I don't mind the pick up. I guess she can replace Sam Thomas in the starting lineup but I was hoping they'd give Paris Clark the keys. If EM for WVU follows I'm just not sure about the Frontline minutes with Ware, Reese, and Nnaji

Reaction Score

I was wondering if she was going to try to move to Syracuse and follow her coach.

Got to see her play last season in Canada. She played for Lincoln Prep in the OSBA.
She's a decent guard. Is she able to keep up in the ACC? Not sure.
She is Kia Nurse’s cousin.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why Jilian Hollingshead commitment to Tennessee hasn't been updated on wbb blog. Owusu and Alexander info has been updated.
Probably paperwork. Either she has not officially signed yet or Tennessee has not sent in the paperwork.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why Jilian Hollingshead commitment to Tennessee hasn't been updated on wbb blog. Owusu and Alexander info has been updated.
Has Hollingshead announced it? Has Tennessee issued a release? Maybe that is why. Its a free website lets not expect every transfer to be updated instantly. You know where she is going so what is the real impact here because I think that wbb blog site waits for primary confirmation and not just taking information from another website

Owusu and Alexander tweeted their decision so maybe that is the differnce

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Shalexxus Aaron to Oregon St. (USC>Syracuse (never played there)>Texas Southern).

Emma Grothaus to Washington (from Lehigh). Gotta admit have never heard of her.

Yeaney and now Aaron could be decent role players at OSU, they've both played in the Pac 12 previously. Don't seem like real high impact players. I have absolutely no idea what to expect for UW's transfer, but her numbers at Lehigh aren't eye popping. The portal giveth and the portal taketh away, but I'm not feeling like the portal is giveth-ing a whole lot to my teams so far. :oops:

Reaction Score

How many years of eligibility does the she have. I was looking at Herhoopstats and it appears she's had some seasons cut short (2020- 7 games, 2021 - 5 games).

Reaction Score
Very interested in seeing how she fits in Mulkey's system.
At this point the team needs depth. Doubtful she’s going to be some mainstay in the lineups but maybe she surprises me.

Certainly much more highly touted coming out of HS than Payne or Ware.

But part of a coaches job is to develop a player and put them in a position to be successful.

Reaction Score
At this point the team needs depth. Doubtful she’s going to be some mainstay in the lineups but maybe she surprises me.
Pretty much what I'm thinking. Her playing time at Ohio State dropped during her sophomore year, but I remember she was dealing with injuries too.

Must say, I'm impressed with whoever manages her personal website. It's already updated indicating she's an LSU transfer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom