New school commitments by Transfers | Page 15 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Out is the sweet 16 or Elite 8 if the cards are right.
Tennessee has one of the most talented rosters. In the country from top to bottom.

Reaction Score
Tennessee has one of the most talented rosters. In the country from top to bottom.
That is very true, they can be great. As we all know plugging in talent doesn’t always equate to automatic success or results you want. Harper will have to navigate having a bunch of good players and getting them to be cohesive and play to their strengths.

I don’t consider this a bad problem. It’s a great problem to have as a coach but that’s not my point

Reaction Score
That is very true, they can be great. As we all know plugging in talent doesn’t always equate to automatic success or results you want. Harper will have to navigate having a bunch of good players and getting them to be cohesive and play to their strengths.

I don’t consider this a bad problem. It’s a great problem to have as a coach but that’s not my point
Team chemistry means so much. I think Tennessee will have problems early but should have a better team by the time SEC play begins.

Reaction Score
Very delusional. They talk and act like they are the defending champions.
They are...unfortunately...from 2008. Yet, they are quick to point out that UCONN is done since they haven't won since 2016. All I'm asking is...what's wrong with this thinking? I respect the program, but I couldn't see myself embracing their crazy fanbase. Just can't.

Reaction Score
They are...unfortunately...from 2008. Yet, they are quick to point out that UCONN is done since they haven't won since 2016. All I'm asking is...what's wrong with this thinking? I respect the program, but I couldn't see myself embracing their crazy fanbase. Just can't.

Unfortunately, the "UCONN hasn't won since 2016" is all anyone says. Cause, going to the Final 4 every year isn't good enough.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
So who starts for Tennessee next year?

I'd think Key, Jackson, Walker, and Horston are locks. Does Franklin take 4th spot now, if healthy? They could do Walker/Powell/Horston/Jackson/Key if they wanted to go small too. Or maybe Darby retains her starting spot but gives up a lot more minutes.

Reaction Score

I'd think Key, Jackson, Walker, and Horston are locks. Does Franklin take 4th spot now, if healthy? They could do Walker/Powell/Horston/Jackson/Key if they wanted to go small too. Or maybe Darby retains her starting spot but gives up a lot more minutes.
It doesn’t matter. They haven’t won since 2008. Their decline is near lol.

Reaction Score
It doesn’t matter. They haven’t won since 2008. Their decline is near lol.
I think that you may be stretching their impotence.

They made the Sweet 16 this year. With their portal additions, they have the talent to advance this year to being a Top 2 seed and/or Elite 8. That's a pretty big step. Sweet 16 is not assured even if they are a 2 seed. Kellie will need to mature as a coach and the team will need to mature as a. . . .well . . . team. Tournament experience helps the maturation process.

I actually think they have a good chance of beating SCar at home this year, though I don't expect them to win either the conference regular season or the tourney. Hopefully, Dawn can keep her players from eating bon bons while reading their press clippings in the off-season, Tennessee does have a lean and hungry look.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score

I will say starting Powell, Horston, Jackson, Suarez, and Key. With a deep rotation. Walker, Puckett, Franklin, Pissott, Miles, Wynn, Striplin, and Darby all in the rotation. There are a lot of options.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I see the fit between Yeaney and OSU. Totally different systems defensively, probably offensively as well. They really needed some shooting and scoring punch, and she does not bring that. They pretty much whiffed on their 2 transfers last year, not a great first get this year either.
I would respectfully disagree. She is an athletically good defender. Something the team has lacked for quite some time. Even with their style of play, when they were successful in the past they always had at least one on ball defender who could lock down an opposing guard if need be. Though she might not seem to fit their style offensively, she is what they need defensively. Although it did not seem to reflect it in the last fouf years, Ost has always relied on good defense during the years they were successful.

Reaction Score
Alexa Williamson to Penn State via Temple

6'1 forward: 8 points, 5 rebounds this year but last year 12 points, 7 rebounds per game last year

Reaction Score
I would respectfully disagree. She is an athletically good defender. Something the team has lacked for quite some time. Even with their style of play, when they were successful in the past they always had at least one on ball defender who could lock down an opposing guard if need be. Though she might not seem to fit their style offensively, she is what they need defensively. Although it did not seem to reflect it in the last fouf years, Ost has always relied on good defense during the years they were successful.
Agree with @willtalk.

+ Bendu is nothing but positive for OSU. Bendu is another capable ball handler as well. Let's see what else OSU is able to do in the Portal before declaring the addition of Bendu a mistake.

Reaction Score
Kind of like UCONN and SC fans huh lol
Any fanbase that has been treated to multiple championships over a period of time will have elements who believe that is their birthright, irrespective of who the current players or coaches are. These folks age in place and become progressively more bitter, accusatory, and vitriolic over time.

Source - I'm from UCLA.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Agree with @willtalk.

+ Bendu is nothing but positive for OSU. Bendu is another capable ball handler as well. Let's see what else OSU is able to do in the Portal before declaring the addition of Bendu a mistake.
Also no offense to either OSU or Bendu, but beggers can't be choosers. I'm thrilled she gets to return to her home state. She dogged Haley Jones in our only match-up vs Arizona, blocking her several times at the basket, and I came away really impressed. Totally agree OSU's defense needs to succeed for their offense to.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Any fanbase that has been treated to multiple championships over a period of time will have elements who believe that is their birthright, irrespective of who the current players or coaches are. These folks age in place and become progressively more bitter, accusatory, and vitriolic over time.

Source - I'm from UCLA.
Truth. YMMV as to how much that applies to each of the fanbases under consideration. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom