New school commitments by Transfers | Page 12 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
I've seen a few people on BY and other sites speaking highly of Soares. This could improve the post game for ISU by a large margin.
That’s a good spot because they’ve never really had a true post. With Crooks coming in two seasons that’s a good move. And especially since Joens is returning next season.

Reaction Score
May be the best addition of the transfer season.

That’s a good spot because they’ve never really had a true post. With Crooks coming in two seasons that’s a good move. And especially since Joens is returning next season.

Question is how much more will ISU play in the paint? Granted, depth at the position hasn't been the greatest, but it doesn't seem like a focal point for how they like to run their offence.

I started watching ISU when Carleton joined the team. Kristen Scott seemed like a stretch 4 and I don't recall Burkhead being an offensive threat. Not sure if Fennelly ever ran an offence that relied heavily on the post position over the course of his career.

Reaction Score
Question is how much more will ISU play in the paint? Granted, depth at the position hasn't been the greatest, but it doesn't seem like a focal point for how they like to run their offence.

I started watching ISU when Carleton joined the team. Kristen Scott seemed like a stretch 4 and I don't recall Burkhead being an offensive threat. Not sure if Fennelly ever ran an offence that relied heavily on the post position over the course of his career.
Soares took a bunch of 3s at her NAIA school. Didn’t make many, but they could play 5-out.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That’s the Joens no one cares about. No offense.
None taken. I don't follow ISU. You obviously know more about these sisters than I do. I read the post about Joens coming back, then happen to run across this article on the ESPN site.

Reaction Score
Good answer but a talented post player always gets my vote.
Jackson is a proven player, but I've seen too many post players from mid major school go to a bigger school and struggle with the adjustment vs bigger players. NAIA is a massive jump up from mid major D1 so even if Soares may be good there are really way too many unknowns to say she is the best pickup to be honest.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Was looking at the Duke instagram this morning and saw this. Should i be ashamed that I've never heard of a player that played high school ball an hour from my house.. Who was the state player of the year.. Who was an McDonald's all American.. Who also was a espn top 40 player.. :oops:. Reigan Richardson is the young lady's name.

Well anyway.. I was looking to add a wing and two posts in the portal.... So one post to go.

Just remembered we have a new assistant coach from UGA... so this commitment makes more sense now.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
None taken. I don't follow ISU. You obviously know more about these sisters than I do. I read the post about Joens coming back, then happen to run across this article on the ESPN site.
I think when the poster said no offense, they were speaking of the player's ability to score.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Was looking at the Duke instagram this morning and saw this. Should i be ashamed that I've never heard of a player that played high school ball an hour from my house.. Who was the state player of the year.. Who was an McDonald's all American.. Who also was a espn top 40 player.. :oops:. Reigan Richardson is the young lady's name.

Well anyway.. I was looking to add a wing and two posts in the portal.... So one post to go.

Just remembered we have a new assistant coach from UGA... so this commitment makes more sense now.

How many 5'11 wing players does Kara need? :p

On the other hand, that probably keeps Oklahoma State's Lauren Fields from transferring to Duke; her Dad had been liking a lot of Duke tweets after the Duke coaching staff made their in-home visit a few weeks ago.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How many 5'11 wing players does Kara need? :p

On the other hand, that probably keeps Oklahoma State's Lauren Fields from transferring to Duke; her Dad had been liking a lot of Duke tweets after the Duke coaching staff made their in-home visit a few weeks ago.

Apparently three, :confused:

Yeah. That fields recruitment was a bit perplexing.

Reaction Score
Apparently three, :confused:

Yeah. That fields recruitment was a bit perplexing.

Why was the Fields recruitment perplexing? Comparing the stats she has been better in college than Richardson? Richardson was just a freshman but if Duke wanted an experienced player to produce, maybe Fields is more ready to come in and do so

Reaction Score
She is a beast.
She is a great talent, I look forward to watching her play next year. I will appreciate what Autumn Newby did for the team last year but Esmery definitely will give us a scoring upgrade.

Reaction Score
She is a beast.
Great pickup for LSU! I’m not sure if the team will be as good this year given how irreplaceable Pointer is, but Martinez and Morris will make an awesome one-two punch.

Reaction Score
Great pickup for LSU! I’m not sure if the team will be as good this year given how irreplaceable Pointer is, but Martinez and Morris will make an awesome one-two punch.
They may also be adding Ladazhia Williams but she hasn't announced it yet. She just keeps posing pictures of her visit on VSCO and has LSU tagged on her twitter.

6efcb47b-c555-4850-8705-6275f3317e36-jpeg.75771

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom