New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 44 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I am confused...we played SC at home last year, so we are away this year. What is the difference?
We played UGA on the road last year in the Challenge likewise $CAR played in Chapel Hill. I assume like the old ACC/BIG10 challenge that schools wouldn't go on the road in successive years.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Brenna McDonald 6-3 grad transfer from Yale to Washington.

I spent all season whining about UW's lack of size. They've added 2 6-3 transfers, so that helps. Plus an international recruit coming in, 6-4 I think. They'll go from having 2 players 6-3 or taller to having 5.

Reaction Score

I spent all season whining about UW's lack of size. They've added 2 6-3 transfers, so that helps. Plus an international recruit coming in, 6-4 I think. They'll go from having 2 players 6-3 or taller to having 5.
You're going to like the 6'4 German kid, Annika Soltau. She moves well and can score it from all over. More a wing than a post, but she has played a lot of international ball and isn't afraid to go inside. I was hoping Vandy would have a chance with her, but it appeared she only visited Washington, Michigan and North Carolina.

Reaction Score

The one girl I'm hoping for originally from Tacoma's Lincoln High School is Oliviyah Edwards to become a Gamecock in a couple of years. If she stay's home and plays for the Huskies, that would be a coup for them as she is a national talent. Hope she heads down south to play instead of heading north up thru Montlake...LOL...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The one girl I'm hoping for originally from Tacoma's Lincoln High School is Oliviyah Edwards to become a Gamecock in a couple of years. If she stay's home and plays for the Huskies, that would be a coup for them as she is a national talent. Hope she heads down south to play instead of heading north up thru Montlake...LOL...
For a very long time, dating back thru probably half a dozen coaches or so, UW has a terrible track record of keeping local talent home. A few exceptions, but not many. I don't know about the 80s or 90s so much, but that's pretty well the story for the last quarter century. During that time most of their best players have come from California.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Janiah Barker wyddddd? Jk.

top-secrets-confidential.gif

Reaction Score
For those who expressed puzzlement about Deja Kelly to Oregon, here is an interview with Deja herself explaining the decision

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Oh. Does quiet period apply to transfers too?
I thought it only applied to coaches visiting HS recruits. During the quiet period, coaches could only visit with them if the player was visiting the college campus. So I would think transfers (college athletes) wouldn't be affected by the quiet period.
This makes me wonder, do coaches visit players in the portal? For some reason I thought transfers visited the campus of potential schools not the other way around.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Oh. Does quiet period apply to transfers too?
I thought it only applied to coaches visiting HS recruits. During the quiet period, coaches could only visit with them if the player was visiting the college campus. So I would think transfers (college athletes) wouldn't be affected by the quiet period.
This makes me wonder, do coaches visit players in the portal? For some reason I thought transfers visited the campus of potential schools not the other way around.
See this response by HuskyNan from a week ago -

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
See this response by HuskyNan from a week ago -
Thanks. I had googled "NCAA quiet period", instead of anything to do with the transfer portal, and I didn't see any references to transfer portal scenarios.
I'm gonna shut up now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom