New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 42 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score

Notre Dame is now as loaded as anybody in the country.

Miles
Hidalgo
Citron
Westbeld
Koval
————
Karlen
King
Bransford
Risch

That’s a championship caliber team that should absolutely be gunning for the Final Four. I’d have them as preseason #2 or #3 now. I hope we get Notre Dame/South Carolina in the ACC/SEC challenge.

Reaction Score

Miles
Hidalgo
Citron
Westbeld
Koval
————
Karlen
King
Bransford
Risch

That’s a championship caliber team that should absolutely be gunning for the Final Four. I’d have them as preseason #2 or #3 now. I hope we get Notre Dame/South Carolina in the ACC/SEC challenge.
Don't forget Prosper. She helps add to the depth off the bench.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
King was reported to have visited campus the same day that KK Bransford rescinded her entry into the portal and many thought that would end the mutual interest with King. Nope. Looks like the Irish will surround Kate Koval and Maddy Westbeld with a number of slightly undersized but very competent forwards. King brings a rebounding component that the Irish lacked last year.
That also brings the Irish up to 10 active players and a lot of K's (Kate Koval, KK Bransford, King and Karlen).

Better 4 K's than 3 :eek:

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score

Miles
Hidalgo
Citron
Westbeld
Koval
————
Karlen
King
Bransford
Risch

They addressed the one question mark that I had about them (quality depth), so they should be Top 2 preseason. Good to see Niele putting together such a formidable squad! Not good for the rest of the ACC, but we'll manage.

I don't think that South Carolina and Notre Dame can play in the SEC/ACC challenge this season since both teams played on the road last year (they'd both likely host this season). Hopefully they can meet in Vegas instead.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't think that South Carolina and Notre Dame can play in the SEC/ACC challenge this season since both teams played on the road last year (they'd both likely host this season). Hopefully they can meet in Vegas instead.

They can't meet in the challenge. I suspect they will send either L$U or the Ribeye Steaks to South Bend.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Don't forget Prosper. She helps add to the depth off the bench.
Prosper, Bransford and King (off the bench) allow Ivey a lot of flexibility in match-ups to counter athletic teams such as Syracuse, NC State, etc. (Of course, she's still got Citron, the ultimate Swiss Army Knife...)

Reaction Score
Dawn did say apparently that SC will start the season in Vegas. Big time game needs a big time opponent. It definitely won't be UConn. I could see USC, as Juju and USC fans would be close by. As @WBBTakeover said I could see Notre Dame again. Iowa would be fun too.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
He signed ONE quality player (Georgia Amoore, who he has already coached for four years) and a bunch of "maybes/probably nots".

The midmajor transfer guard plays the same position that his "baby" (GA) plays and is every bit as ball dominant. Teonni Key is the very definition of a bust. Clara Strack may not be as "finesse" as Liz Kitley, but she's also nowhere near as talented. The recruits are unknowns. The Ivy Leaguer is hit or miss.

So, what's the vision? Where is this juggernaut that's supposed to take the SEC by storm? What is he doing? It seems like people go "ooh" and "ahh" every time this man signs a recruit without actually thinking, "is this actually going to work in the SEC"?

Liz Kitley ain't walking through that door. And because of that, I don't see how he's going to be able to compete in a league that's more physical and has more talent than the one he left.
This is sounding real biased. You sound like you have an axe to grind against Brooks and or Kentucky.

I don't expect them to set the world on fire this year, but Brooks has demonstrated the ability to build and maintain a strong program.

I think they will be in the middle of the SEC pack this year, which is solid for a coach in his first year at a new program.

Reaction Score
King was reported to have visited campus the same day that KK Bransford rescinded her entry into the portal and many thought that would end the mutual interest with King. Nope. Looks like the Irish will surround Kate Koval and Maddy Westbeld with a number of slightly undersized but very competent forwards. King brings a rebounding component that the Irish lacked last year.
That also brings the Irish up to 10 active players and a lot of K's (Kate Koval, KK Bransford, King and Karlen).
Don't forget Kylee (though her ACL injury will likely keep her out much of the season).

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I was convinced Deja was going either to ND or Oregon when she was being recruited.

Her Mom and her were liking Oregon wbb content frequently. I don't remember Oregon's recruiting situation at that time, so I can't speculate as to why it didn't happen then (maybe she just liked UNC better!), but absolutely not surprised to see her circle back to Oregon and Graves.

His style definitely could be a fit for her and at this point they need each other because both of their reputations are at career lows.

Reaction Score
Oregon has built a team after all that left for the portal.
I agree. Shout out to Kelly Graves for rebuilding the roster after they got hit pretty bad initially in the portal. But besides Deja and Philly, I don't even know who starts but mainly because they picked up a lot of talent and have a couple of good freshmen coming in.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I can't separate Moore's success from the makeup of the teams she was on. Of course she was a huge part of their success, but they were stacked and kept their nucleus together for a long time. Seriously, Whalen, Augustus and Brunson, then Big Syl joined the party. No wonder they kept winning Titles, they had more talent than everybody else.

Would've been interesting to see what would've happened if EDD, Sloot and Fowles had all stayed together in Chicago. I think probably multiple titles (they all won at least one separate from each other), but we'll never know. I don't think any of Washington's teams came close in terms of talent to what Minny had during their championship years.
Good points.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So is Kelly going to be the PG for Oregon or do they already have one in place.

This is sounding real biased. You sound like you have an axe to grind against Brooks and or Kentucky.

I don't expect them to set the world on fire this year, but Brooks has demonstrated the ability to build and maintain a strong program.

I think they will be in the middle of the SEC pack this year, which is solid for a coach in his first year at a new program.

A Great Ape has awoken from hibernation to defend a KY coach. :eek:

(i am aware that apes don't hibernate)

Reaction Score
I actually think the Karlen and King additions might push ND to preseason #2 or #3.

I can’t really decide between UConn, ND, or USC who is better than who at this point.
I could care less if UConn is #2, #3, #4 or even #5.......the first loss for any of the teams in the early part of the season changes the rankings anyway........so does it really matter? :confused:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Don't forget Kylee (though her ACL injury will likely keep her out much of the season).
Thanks, but I haven't. In fact, I brought up on the Liza Karlen thread that Kylee's injury, surgery and rehabilitation will probably preclude her from being with the Irish for the majority, if not all, of the 2024-25 season. At this point, I'm not even considering her as an option for this year, particularly after similar injuries to Olivia Miles and Brianna Turner years earlier knocked them out for entire seasons.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So is Kelly going to be the PG for Oregon or do they already have one in place.

A Great Ape has awoken from hibernation to defend a KY coach. :eek:

(i am aware that apes don't hibernate)
Any Irish fan who isn't hyped to talk hoops today isn't hibernating, they're dead :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom