New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 35 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score
I get why Iowa games were selected. But, they are in the Central time zone; that made sense on week nights. Not sure it would make sense for home games at USC or UCLA on week nights if ratings and advertising dollars are the objective.
You're skipping over my other points from my previous posts. Peacock benefits from new subscribers who want to see these teams play. It's another revenue stream in addition to the advertising they play during these games.

And being able to watch at your convenience versus trying to stay up for the West Coast games is the way to get around scheduling. There are plenty of posts on this board where members talk about watching the game in the morning or on the weekend. Or throw it all on BIG10+. It doesn't matter. The BIG10 has a multitude of options to leverage.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
You're skipping over my other points from my previous posts. Peacock benefits from new subscribers who want to see these teams play. It's another revenue stream in addition to the advertising they play during these games.

And being able to watch at your convenience versus trying to stay up for the West Coast games is the way to get around scheduling. There are plenty of posts on this board where members talk about watching the game in the morning or on the weekend. Or throw it all on BIG10+. It doesn't matter. The BIG10 has a multitude of options to leverage.

I don't think USC and UCLA have rabid fans interested in women's hoops like Iowa fans. Juju is a superstar. We'll find out if the different time zone makes a difference.

Reaction Score
I get why Iowa games were selected. But, they are in the Central time zone; that made sense on week nights. Not sure it would make sense for home games at USC or UCLA on week nights if ratings and advertising dollars are the objective.
I assume the big10 will do a Fri/Sun sked. In the past, who was watching BTN after 9 or 10? Almost no one I bet. Even if a west coast game only gets 100k viewers, that’s 95k more than before.

Reaction Score
I don't think USC and UCLA have rabid fans interested in women's hoops like Iowa fans. Juju is a superstar. We'll find out if the different time zone makes a difference.
This is assuming only USC or UCLA fans will be interested. Interest in Iowa extended beyond just the Iowa fanbase. With the amount of media attention and advertising campaigns that include JuJu on national TV, the attraction of casual fans could be larger than one may assume. You're also assuming that games where they play on the East Coast wouldn't be part of the schedule.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stinkin' LA schools. Not only were they the first big domino in the Pac 12 ceasing to exist, now they are scooping up most of the biggest prizes from fellow former Pac 12 schools. I'm gonna have a pretty hard time rooting for them in the B1G. :oops:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
This is assuming only USC or UCLA fans will be interested. Interest in Iowa extended beyond just the Iowa fanbase. With the amount of media attention and advertising campaigns that include JuJu on national TV, the attraction of casual fans could be larger than one may assume. You're also assuming that games where they play on the East Coast wouldn't be part of the schedule.

The original post which led to this discussion was: "Goodness the UCLA-USC series should get some hype. I assume the matchups will be available on real television channels this year."

I'll end my thoughts with that. Better to have this discussion in a B1G thread instead of this one which is intended for new transfer commitment announcements.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Boom

I checked my phone while in the drive through at Cookout... so disappointed that I thought about just driving off and coming on home without food.

I said a couple of years ago, that I was tired of UCLA popping up on all of these top recruits list. Now I'm tired of them taking top players in the portal. Greedy Bruins aint a good look .

bear.jpg

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That is one chubby bear. What's really funny is I've seen pictures of real bears that put that to shame, like almost have their belly dragging on the ground.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That is one chubby bear. What's really funny is I've seen pictures of real bears that put that to shame, like almost have their belly dragging on the ground.

That's what happens when you don't share the wealth

Reaction Score
Another Skim hint -

So they're back on the Purdue bandwagon for an announcement. Let's see if this holds true this time. If they're wrong, the follow up post will at least have some humour to it. Skim has been entertaining for sure.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
TCU is not messing around. Nice grab.
The talented former Beaver guard is heading to play for Mark Campbell's Horned Frogs.

Hmmm.....It's going to be a bit of a logjam for incoming undergrads Hunter and Redshirt soph. Taylor Bigby, with Maddie Scherr and Hailey Van Lith there for their last seasons. And Madison Conner, who had a fine season, is there for one more season, as well.

Campbell does not strike me as a coach who would "recruit over" another player, so I've got to think experience will lead, with infusions of youth for this season...and then they'll take over next year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The talented former Beaver guard is heading to play for Mark Campbell's Horned Frogs.

Hmmm.....It's going to be a bit of a logjam for incoming undergrads Hunter and Redshirt soph. Taylor Bigby, with Maddie Scherr and Hailey Van Lith there for their last seasons. And Madison Conner, who had a fine season, is there for one more season, as well.

Campbell does not strike me as a coach who would "recruit over" another player, so I've got to think experience will lead, with infusions of youth for this season...and then they'll take over next year.
I'd forgotten about Scherr already. I was thinking the same thing about crowding in the backcourt. Who else is returning other than Conner? I think Harris transferred out. Don't know if Owens and/or Emma-Nnopu have another year of eligibility left or plan to use it? There's Jovanovic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom