New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 20 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
88af795b8e94ffd10ef22cb7407937f186ffa2c6.jpg

Please ESPN, ACC & SEC please please have L$U visit Duke for the Challenge. I'll give up burgers and fries for a Month to make it happen.

Reaction Score
Don't love it from a basketball standpoint. Don't want to be a hater tho. still a super talented team and I think day Wilson and Gilbert are talented and bucket getters. But is Poa leaving or something. And I actually thought Williams and big 4 should have a bigger role in the offense.
How playing time works out will be interesting for one. Second is how the ball moves when they're on the court. Day Wilson is hit and miss when it comes to distribution and can be prone to turnovers when looking to make the pretty play. Gilbert seems to want to be in control with the ball as well.

Also curious as to how Williams fits in per your comment about her role. Could see it as a situation where Day-Wilson is the veteran on the team as this is her senior year while giving the rest time to acclimate to SEC play.

Reaction Score
She thinks she's a wing player. Hope she finds the right fit eventually . . .
Eventually? Unless she got a redshirt while at Miami, this is her final season. She has to make it work.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Very happy with this transfer class for LSU. Just need one more post player to finish it off.

Reaction Score
She thinks she's a wing player. Hope she finds the right fit eventually . . .
Can you, or anybody else, share anything else about her. I saw that she was ranked #38 by Hoopgirlz. What’s she good at, what are her weaknesses. UVA has very little experienced size. Should I be excited or is she a “wait and see”?

Reaction Score
Eventually? Unless she got a redshirt while at Miami, this is her final season. She has to make it work.
Can you, or anybody else, share anything else about her. I saw that she was ranked #38 by Hoopgirlz. What’s she good at, what are her weaknesses. UVA has very little experienced size. Should I be excited or is she a “wait and see”?
She tore her acl early in her soph. season(1st yr at Mia) so she probably has an extra year still.

Lots of upside. She runs the court well and is a decent 3-pt shooter in addition to being an excellent blocker inside. She played limited back up minutes as a freshman in Texas, then was injured and missed nearly all of her first year at Miami. Started to come on last year but split time with Oldacre and Spearman at the post so in terms of skill level her limited minutes over 3 years make her more of a sophomore in terms of experience. I believe she will be impactful.

Reaction Score
How playing time works out will be interesting for one. Second is how the ball moves when they're on the court. Day Wilson is hit and miss when it comes to distribution and can be prone to turnovers when looking to make the pretty play. Gilbert seems to want to be in control with the ball as well.

Also curious as to how Williams fits in per your comment about her role. Could see it as a situation where Day-Wilson is the veteran on the team as this is her senior year while giving the rest time to acclimate to SEC play.
One of these times Mulkey is going to bite off even more than SHE can chew. She's managed pretty well the last couple of years but there just ain't enough balls to go around for this team as it stands already. If things don't go well early this looks like a ticking time bomb....

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
One of these times Mulkey is going to bite off even more than SHE can chew. She's managed pretty well the last couple of years but there just ain't enough balls to go around for this team as it stands already. If things don't go well early this looks like a ticking time bomb....
I think when they say "how much" Mulkey hears "too much." There's a lot of muchness down in Baton Rouge, across the board... That said, muchness seems to work for her, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt up until the moment it suddenly doesn't...

Reaction Score
She tore her acl early in her soph. season(1st yr at Mia) so she probably has an extra year still.

Lots of upside. She runs the court well and is a decent 3-pt shooter in addition to being an excellent blocker inside. She played limited back up minutes as a freshman in Texas, then was injured and missed nearly all of her first year at Miami. Started to come on last year but split time with Oldacre and Spearman at the post so in terms of skill level her limited minutes over 3 years make her more of a sophomore in terms of experience. I believe she will be impactful.
Yes she injured her ACL as a sophomore, but she may have played more than the number of games that would get her the medical redshirt. Last season she was listed as a junior instead of a redshirt sophomore which is why I'm thinking she only has one season left. If she qualified for a redshirt, wouldn't Miami have done so to make sure she had the extra year?

While she had a high ranking, I have been skeptical of it from her high school days. She's had her struggles against tougher competition when she's had to bang against physical players. She has gotten more comfortable but still has challenges as seen during the ACC tournament as seen during Miami's loss to VT, where they had a size advantage and she got outplayed by a freshman.

Going to Virginia is also curious as that team is rebuilding and trying to establish themselves. Hopefully as her IG post said, the third time is the charm.

Reaction Score

Thanks for the input. Now I can be excited

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom