New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 16 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score
Would be funny if Mir ended up there too.
I didn't know that Mir was in the transfer portal.

Maryland is after another former UConn player who is listed at 6'5". If they sign her, the Terps transfer portal season is complated and is a big success.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I didn't know that Mir was in the transfer portal.

Maryland is after another former UConn player who is listed at 6'5". If they sign her, the Terps transfer portal season is complated and is a big success.

Are Maryland and Connecticut scheduled to play this year?

Reaction Score
Happy if Maryland can sign Saylor, Amari, Mir, and Ines from the Portal. Some of these players already know each other and can add to the chemistry of the team overall.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What are they selling at Arizona St.? They've been one of the most active programs in the country with portal acquisitions.

Reaction Score
Before committing to UConn, her other finalists were Maryland, Oregon and Missouri
The Terps recruited her hard out of high school. Her love for UConn was too much to overcome.

Reaction Score

Talk about a full-court press on recruiting. Lisa early morning flight back from WNBA draft to greet Lucy Olsen was late, so who do you call to step in? Only the longest-tenured D1 football coach in America, Pennsylvania native Kirk Ferentz. Hand off for lunch goes to Field Hockey coach and one of her players from Pennsylvania.

That is one tight athletic department.

Reaction Score
There’s a funny GIF posted on X (twitter) and I don’t know how to post it here. But it said something like: Geno Auriemma is taking so long to get someone out of the portal that the only players left will be former UConn players. I have to say, even though I love our UConn team as is, I’d love to get a talented big graduate center with one year left to help our newbie bigs transition to the game. It’s not looking very promising. You’d think they’d be clamoring to join a team that’s made it to the final for years and years and years? No brainer. Anyone else concerned?

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t say I’m concerned. We should have a really good team, even if we get nobody out of the portal. Remember, there are very few players out there who meet Geno’s standards and would make our team better. Plus, not everyone wants to go to UConn.

Reaction Score
I am not concerned. We got quite far with the team we had. With the returning players, the three freshmen and the return of injured players, we should be stronger. Yes, we graduated two to the W.

So the early games might be choppy. Though, we should be better this year as the team that started the season was different from the one that Geno thought we would have based on the summer. Early in the season, he was experimenting with several starting lineups before he settled on one.

Reaction Score
There’s a funny GIF posted on X (twitter) and I don’t know how to post it here. But it said something like: Geno Auriemma is taking so long to get someone out of the portal that the only players left will be former UConn players. I have to say, even though I love our UConn team as is, I’d love to get a talented big graduate center with one year left to help our newbie bigs transition to the game. It’s not looking very promising. You’d think they’d be clamoring to join a team that’s made it to the final for years and years and years? No brainer. Anyone else concerned?
No

Reaction Score

Texas said we not losing in the elite 8 again. My new favorite portal signing. Starting lineup is amazing.

Rori
Phelia
Booker
Moore
Taylor Jones

With Shay Holle, Amina Muhammad and a couple really good freshman coming in. I still would like them to get 3pt shooting though vic hates that comment. But they are definitely in the conversation for best team if healthy.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Texas said we not losing in the elite 8 again. My new favorite portal signing. Starting lineup is amazing.

Rori
Phelia
Booker
Moore
Taylor Jones

With Shay Holle, Amina Muhammad and a couple really good freshman coming in. I still would like them to get 3pt shooting though vic hates that comment. But they are definitely in the conversation for best team if healthy.
Not contesting that Phelia's addition adds another top-flight player, but I'll be interested to see how she meshes with the rest of the Longhorns, given that she was the player at Michigan last year. Plus, Harmon is coming back to take over the reins from Booker (or is she?). Long-story short, before we -- or ESPNw -- annoint them the chosen team, let's see how all these admittedly top-flight players mesh. If they, do, yup they could be really good. :cool:

p.s. I'll say it, too...they could use a few more bombers to keep everyone honest. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not contesting that Phelia's addition adds another top-flight player, but I'll be interested to see how she meshes with the rest of the Longhorns, given that she was the player at Michigan last year. Plus, Harmon is coming back to take over the reins from Booker (or is she?). Long-story short, before we -- or ESPNw -- annoint them the chosen team, let's see how all these admittedly top-flight players mesh. If they, do, yup they could be really good. :cool:

p.s. I'll say it...they could use a few more bombers to keep everyone honest.
Agreed. She's used to being a PG, but has shown she can play off the ball during last summer's AmeriCup. How she adjusts to the dribble drive offence will be interesting. She also has to make this season count as it's her last one if she's trying to improve her draft stock.

Reaction Score

That’s a fantastic fit for both parties and what I love about the portal era. Texas needs more offense to get over the Elite Eight hump and Phelia gives them a 6’0” shot creator. I think Vic will be a great coach for her too. She’s not known for her defense but has good physical tools. If they can stay healthy and Harmon comes back at 75% of what she showed this season, I think this is the year Texas makes the Final Four.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom