"NEW" PRINCE ALI UCONN COMMIT VIDEO | The Boneyard

"NEW" PRINCE ALI UCONN COMMIT VIDEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Like Ali, he really does float through the air like a butterfly and sting the rim like a bee.

Reaction Score
Glad to see the outside shots in the vid. Dunks like that work in high school but added with a shooting touch makes a potential Div 1 AA.

Nice vid!

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I read the comments section for the video on Youtube and some of them made an interesting observation: Prince didn't finish with his left hand. Even on his drives to the left, he finished with his right. Not saying it matters but still interesting nonetheless.

Reaction Score
I read the comments section for the video on Youtube and some of them made an interesting observation: Prince didn't finish with his left hand. Even on his drives to the left, he finished with his right. Not saying it matters but still interesting nonetheless.

What no left? Cancel his commitment dammit.......Jaybo hates that!;)

Reaction Score
What is his actual ranking in the 2015 class?

The kid has 2 years to get better too.....wow what a nice get......may even make a lefty lay up by then!! LOL

Reaction Score

He's finishing with dunks though. It's not like he's laying the ball up.

Reaction Score

Well, if the youtube comments section says it's true, then you can take it to the bank.

Reaction Score
What is his actual ranking in the 2015 class?

The kid has 2 years to get better too.....wow what a nice get......may even make a lefty lay up by then!! LOL

One site has him ranked at #45.

Reaction Score
if you pay attention, when he lays it up with his right hand on the left hand side it makes it impossible for the defender to block.. he handles the ball well with his left hand and he seems to just be CRAFTY AND SMOOTH around the basket, plus it's a HIGHLIGHT TAPE not a Scouting video..

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Finishing at the left side of the rim with the right hand isn't exactly easy to do.

Reaction Score
I believe this kid will be ranked in the top 25 when it's all said and done, I've seen him play before, he was nearly unstoppable and simply underrated.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great article. I love this scouting report.

ESPN basketball recruiting coordinator Reggie Rankin, who has scouted Ali several times during the AAU season, believes Ali has the skills to be the next difference-making guard for UConn.

“I really think Ali is a good system fit for the Huskies,” Rankin said. “He will excel in transition, is a good playmaker as he slashes to score and passes with accuracy at high speeds. He will also be able to successfully defend multiple perimeter positions. He competes at a high level and is only scratching the surface on how good he will become.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/25/3779244/sagemont-star-prince-ali-to-play.html#storylink=cpy

Link: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/25/3779244/sagemont-star-prince-ali-to-play.html

Reaction Score
The Dyson comparisons are going to be way off...he has two years of high school left, much more upside on this kid.

Reaction Score
The Dyson comparisons are going to be way off...he has two years of high school left, much more upside on this kid.

Agreed. I liked Dyson but prince is already showing much more athleticism imo (Albeit against high schoolers but still). From the few shots I've seen him take in the highlight videos looks like he has a quick release as well which is nice if he works on the percentage this year. Couldn't tell if he took any three's in those videos though.

Either way I think we got a heck of a player. Welcome to the new husky!

Reaction Score
it's a HIGHLIGHT TAPE not a Scouting video..

Nothing against Ali or any other player but to the people making these DUNK TAPES, do they realize there is more to the game that can be highlighted?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The way he finished on the left with the right hand reminded me of how Rondo lays it up.

Impossible to gain anything of substance at all from these videos though.

Reaction Score
If he's Dyson (minus the weed), I'm pretty happy. He was a very good slashing 2 guard (which is why he worked better with AJ, who was a better shooter/distributor, than with Kemba, who also slashed), who, if he stayed healthy, could have been the 2nd/3rd best player on a title team, and who has played some time in the league (albeit small minutes, but its hard to get into the league).

Reaction Score
This is what SLAM magazine wrote about him from the John Lucas camp this year

Prince Ali, 6-4, SG, The Sagemont School (FL), 2015

There were guards with higher rankings, but there wasn’t a guard who played better than Ali. Aside from having the dopest name in the camp, he had the game to go along with it. A well put-together guard, Ali was able to finish through contact against anyone he went up against. The Florida product’s ability to put together slick takes to the rim with either hand made him next to impossible to guard, and while we didn’t see him shoot it much from deep, that didn’t change the fact that he was a serious problem to guard.

Reaction Score
Kid plays bigger than 6'3"/6'4" that's for sure. Would love to see a vid of nothing but him dropping bombs from outside the arc, see his release/form. He's got 2 years to go, lots of time to improve, but if he can get up to 35+% from outside the arc with that slashing ability? There's no way he'd be ranked where he is now come next year. My thinking is Purvis will kick it to the NBA after next year, just too much athleticism there, so Ali looks to be a great fill-in. I see the comps to dyson, but frankly I see some Purvis in there too. Great elevation, solid handle and strength.

Reaction Score
Kid plays bigger than 6'3"/6'4" that's for sure. Would love to see a vid of nothing but him dropping bombs from outside the arc, see his release/form. He's got 2 years to go, lots of time to improve, but if he can get up to 35+% from outside the arc with that slashing ability? There's no way he'd be ranked where he is now come next year. My thinking is Purvis will kick it to the NBA after next year, just too much athleticism there, so Ali looks to be a great fill-in. I see the comps to dyson, but frankly I see some Purvis in there too. Great elevation, solid handle and strength.

If Purvis is ready to go after one year at UConn, it will be one helluva year for both Purvis and Uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom