New Poll UConn 2 ND 5 | The Boneyard

New Poll UConn 2 ND 5

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
It's gonna be a v. large crowd. So far, 15k+ tickets have been sold. We have had 3 games over 10K this season, one of which was 13,500+. The University is really pushing what a big game this is, and ticket sales are following suit. Certainly, we want to beat Uconn in the Jeff Walz era, and the push is on for the 6th man.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Jenny: win a bet with your fellow Louisville fans!

You may know that UConn hasn't lost 2 in a row for something like 900 games....[it even reads as 'ridiculous'.]
When did it happen?

In the NCAA tourney in 1993: they had lost in the Big East tournament...maybe to Miami? They lost their first round game in Gampel to your very own Cardinals....close game.
My presence helped not a bit.
Rebecca Lobo a soph....Jamelle Elliot and Jen Rizzotti were frosh. I'm sure Pam Webber started....don't know who else.

It seems to me that somehow you can make big bucks with this fact. Uhh...share and share alike.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see what the coaches' poll says today. Last week's coaches' poll has UConn at #2, ahead of Baylor at #3.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's gonna be a v. large crowd. So far, 15k+ tickets have been sold. We have had 3 games over 10K this season, one of which was 13,500+. The University is really pushing what a big game this is, and ticket sales are following suit. Certainly, we want to beat Uconn in the Jeff Walz era, and the push is on for the 6th man.

Yes Jenny, as Geno says, the circus is coming to town. Lots of pomp and circumstance. It was the same thing when UConn paid a visit to Cal Berkeley last month. No doubt one of the two games circled on your calendar this season along with @ Notre Dame earlier this month. This will be the biggest home game for you this season. Wish I could attend.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Six game slides are dangerous to one's ranking's health. Notice that the Lady Vols received zero votes in the AP poll?

Reaction Score

You may know that UConn hasn't lost 2 in a row for something like 900 games....[it even reads as 'ridiculous'.]
When did it happen?

In the NCAA tourney in 1993: they had lost in the Big East tournament...maybe to Miami? They lost their first round game in Gampel to your very own Cardinals....close game.
Rebecca Lobo a soph....Jamelle Elliot and Jen Rizzotti were frosh. I'm sure Pam Webber started....don't know who else.

It seems to me that somehow you can make big bucks with this fact. Uhh...share and share alike.

I think that was UConn's first game versus the Cardinals. Haven't lost to them since (knock on wood).

Reaction Score

When did it happen?

Pretty sure I heard Geno once say that Rizz started from day 1 her freshman year. Possibly Jamelle too. And I'm sure Lobo was starting as a soph. I would guess Wendy Davis as a starter as well.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Wendy had graduated the year before....she only played one year with Lobo....that year was my first year of fandom.

That next year after the 'disastrous' two losses in a row, Kara Wolters and Carla Berube came on board....tons better team with a final 8 loss at Rutgers to eventual champ North Carolina with track star Marion Jones [frosh] 'running' the point. UConn around 30-3 that year....Nykesha comes next year and the rest is history....from 35-0 to higher heights to come.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Carl Adamec in yesterday's JI adds to that loss to Louisville:
seems that about 12 years ago Jamelle showed Geno the box score from that game...she had something like 21/15. She told him that if he had started her UConn would have won the game.

Geno's response in two parts:

well...if you had played better we would have won!
21/15 by you.....that says everybody else was awful!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom