New! Pod Wrapping the Season w Karaban | The Boneyard

New! Pod Wrapping the Season w Karaban

Reaction Score
Redshirt or not, Alex is the most unfreshman freshman I have ever encountered. UConn fans were spoiled this year with Donovan and Alex and what they were able to contribute. They handled everything- the on the court stuff, the increased media attention, the fan adoration, EVERYTHING in a very impressive manner.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Redshirt or not, Alex is the most unfreshman freshman I have ever encountered. UConn fans were spoiled this year with Donovan and Alex and what they were able to contribute. They handled everything- the on the court stuff, the increased media attention, the fan adoration, EVERYTHING in a very impressive manner.
And it was only 1/2 a red shirt at that.

It was very important. But he is a special kid, as is Donovan. We really need to count our blessings this year, everyone and everything broke the right way, including our portal kids. The assembly of the team just was a home run by the staff.

Reaction Score
Thanks, Jared. I have enjoyed your podcasts all season long. Alex has been an excellent guest all season. And I'm impressed with your ability to draw great guests. Keep it up!

Reaction Score
Yeah these podcasts have been so fun. Was looking forward to this one most of all. Thanks Jared!

Reaction Score
So what did Hurley reveal he drinks in that bottle on the sidelines during games? I missed it.

That was awesome insight to hear from a player about the experience at the Final Four. If you're debating whether to listen to this, go ahead and do it because it's a must.

A lot of people talk about in sports how it helps to go through some adversity during the season. It was interesting to hear Alex say that what they went through in January helped them later in the season.

Reaction Score
And it was only 1/2 a red shirt at that.

It was very important. But he is a special kid, as is Donovan. We really need to count our blessings this year, everyone and everything broke the right way, including our portal kids. The assembly of the team just was a home run by the staff.
Karaban being heady and mature enough to handle playing 30+ mpg as a freshman at a level where he was a clear positive was one of the biggest keys to our season.

Big time kudos to Hurley for identifying an underrated guy like that who was ready right away when we absolutely needed it. He made it so that the loss of Samson Johnson was basically a nonfactor.

Reaction Score
These podcasts have been a must-listen in my house all season long. Happened to run into Karaban in the lobby of the team hotel in Houston, got a picture and he lit up when I told him I was a big fan of the podcast.

This is awesome! And thanks to everyone for the kind words on the pod. Couldn't have done it without Alex. He was always really open... even when things were a bit tougher in January. Glad everyone enjoyed these!

Reaction Score
The biggest compliment you can give Alex is he is any coaches dream. An unsung hero who does anything asked. I think he deserves way more credit than he even earned.

Reaction Score
Your usual nice job Jared.

Something struck me as really funny and enlightening. When you asked Alex about getting some time off, Alex quickly responded he definitely needed time off. So now, based on his reflection, I'm thinking he is going to say 4-6 weeks of R&R.
Nope! He immediately followed with he'll take one more day and then get back to light shooting.
We were lucky to have him. He is about basketball and I have no doubt he is going to work on all the things he said he needed to do.

Reaction Score
Great as always. I’m sure this run through the tournament made the podcasts easier for you to prepare for too…and a lot of fun

Always impressed with your ability to ask good questions and engage with Alex. Way better than most ‘professional’ reporters!

How long until the off-season update podcasts?;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Your usual nice job Jared.

Something struck me as really funny and enlightening. When you asked Alex about getting some time off, Alex quickly responded he definitely needed time off. So now, based on his reflection, I'm thinking he is going to say 4-6 weeks of R&R.
Nope! He immediately followed with he'll take one more day and then get back to light shooting.
We were lucky to have him. He is about basketball and I have no doubt he is going to work on all the things he said he needed to do.

That stuck out to me as well. Im glad we have him. I thought he would say a week or so.

Also, when asked what he will work on this offseason, my first thought was ballhandling on offense, and foot speed on defense, and that's what he said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom