New offer: Olivia Vukosa (merged) | The Boneyard

New offer: Olivia Vukosa (merged)

Reaction Score
The big "O" is the closest player to Stewie since the og graduated. She should be a top priority in her class for UConn (And by the early offer, it appears she is).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Anyone remember the guy on the right?

1682311756066.png

For those who don't know, that's Oscar Robertson, known as "The Big O" for the past 60 years or so. He's on the short list of the best all-around player ever and held the career record for triple-doubles for decades.

BTW, the guy on the left is NBA legend and the league's logo, Jerry West.

Reaction Score
Anyone remember the guy on the right?

View attachment 87734

For those who don't know, that's Oscar Robertson, known as "The Big O" for the past 60 years or so. He's on the short list of the best all-around player ever and held the career record for triple-doubles for decades.

BTW, the guy on the left is NBA legend and the league's logo, Jerry West.

Oh yea, the big O - so smooth and fluid. Great, great player, as was Jerry West of course. When i was a kid, I remember going to the Garden in 1965 or so when the Celtics played the Cinncinati Royals. The Celts won, but Oscar got hot and the Celtics switched and put Bill Russell on him on defense...! It worked - despite being 6'10", Russell was cat quick and was able to cool him off.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
She’s just a freshman. We’ll have to wait
When one lives long enough to be toward 80 and people close to one are no longer with us, getting excited about kids 4 years away is getting to be a bit much. I wish Olivia well, but one of such advanced age as me hopes to see how UConn’s entering freshmen this year can do.

Reaction Score
I love the recruiting phase. Olivia has, at last count, 25 plus teams, on her radar. Now it just becomes a matter of where these players feel they have the best chance to create a legacy for themselves. It would be awesome if she came and played for UConn. I like what I have seen in some of her games and game clips. 6'4" with some size to dish out some punishment in the paint and size to absorb some of that punishment in the paint. She grabs rebounds with authority. She can shoot the deep ball. And her footwork, for being relatively young and still developing, is top shelf! I love the fact that she can fit any offensive system because her BBall IQ is, for a freshmen, off the frigging charts!! She is reading plays two or three steps ahead!! That is next level type stuff!!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, Oscar originally played for the Rochester NY Royals, back when they were in the NBA. Also, at the end of his career, I believe he played with rookie Lew Alcindor aka Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and may have won an NBA Championship.

Reaction Score
When one lives long enough to be toward 80 and people close to one are no longer with us, getting excited about kids 4 years away is getting to be a bit much. I wish Olivia well, but one of such advanced age as me hopes to see how UConn’s entering freshmen this year can do.
I feel this way and I’m 40 (ack, that looks so much older than I feel, but alas, time keeps ticking)

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, Oscar originally played for the Rochester NY Royals, back when they were in the NBA. Also, at the end of his career, I believe he played with rookie Lew Alcindor aka Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and may have won an NBA Championship.

The Royals actually moved out of Rochester about five years before Oscar Robertson got to the NBA. But you are correct that he did play with Kareem and won an NBA championship. In total they were teammates for four years at Milwaukee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom