New neighbor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New neighbor

Reaction Score
Fans of teams like PC need to hang their hats on things like an exhibition victory in the preseason for charity. We just have a different benchmark for success and it happens to be a piece of jewelry one puts on their finger

Reaction Score
Regarding (much) lesser program fans who have given me balls over the last couple of years . . .
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
Churchill

Reaction Score
My dad and brother graduated from PC. Naturally, they pull for PC (sorry @Balker, not sure how you don't root for your alma mater), but they give respect to UCONN. When we hired DH, I got a text from my brother stating he was a great hire and should bring us another National Title.
I’m from CT and was an obsessive UConn fan for 9 years before I went to PC. And PC was terrible at the time (Tim Welsh and Keno Davis era). But even if they weren’t, even if I was there now when PC was decent and UConn was.... not.... I still don’t see how the college I chose to go to for practical reasons would change what team I was a fan of at that point. I just never even considered being anything but a Husky fan.

C

Chief00

As someone whole lives amongst PC fans I can feel your pain. A delusional group of people who believe that they’re still competing in the real big east. Coach Cooley is a great guy but until PC does anything to earn recognition on a national scale their fans should really be more humble.

FACT: Since PC’s last sweet 16 (1997), UConn has won 4 national championships.

Cooley is stuck in March first weekend exit paradise! Still like the dude but until that changes nothing does.

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine caring about anything less than “smack talk” from a PC fan.

You would need to go back three decades for PC to total more NCAA tourney wins than UConn had in the Kevin Ollie era alone.

Reaction Score
UConn hit a bad batch with KO, Pasqualoni and Diaco. I don’t think it’s going to take all that long to get back to a good place with the leadership now in place.

Providence fans have no perspective of what long term success looks like, so they gravitate to the immediate. It’s all they can do.

Reaction Score
I’m from CT and was an obsessive UConn fan for 9 years before I went to PC. And PC was terrible at the time (Tim Welsh and Keno Davis era). But even if they weren’t, even if I was there now when PC was decent and UConn was.... not.... I still don’t see how the college I chose to go to for practical reasons would change what team I was a fan of at that point. I just never even considered being anything but a Husky fan.
One of the chicks in one of my friend circles at UConn was a huge Cuse fan, to the point where for at least one home Cuse game she was in head-to-toe orange in the middle of our student section

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
One of my best friend is a PC grad (1974)
He is a loyal PC fan but smart enough to realize that PC can't hold a light to UConn in basketball
At the exhibition this past fall, a bunch of PeeCee fans were giving us crap and he turned around and said - this guy's shirt (pointing to me) says something about a national championship - you and I own nothing like that.
Yes he is a dear friend and a realist

Reaction Score
As someone whole lives amongst PC fans I can feel your pain. A delusional group of people who believe that they’re still competing in the real big east. Coach Cooley is a great guy but until PC does anything to earn recognition on a national scale their fans should really be more humble.

FACT: Since PC’s last sweet 16 (1997), UConn has won 4 national championships.
Lucy, that FACT should be on your hat.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
My dad and brother graduated from PC. Naturally, they pull for PC (sorry @Balker, not sure how you don't root for your alma mater), but they give respect to UCONN. When we hired DH, I got a text from my brother stating he was a great hire and should bring us another National Title.
I was a UConn fan well before I went to college and even though I went to UConn I was going to be a UConn fan first, no matter what. My grad school was Northeastern and I have zero allegiance to the other Huskies.

Reaction Score
Does his lawn look like Ed Cooley?
images

Reaction Score
I thought you were going to say Dan Hurley was your new neighbor. Imagine the insight you would have

Reaction Score
So our new neighbor, in Guilford CT. stopped by to say hello. He had a PC hat on. We were very cordial to this guy who is about 10 years younger and a PC grad.

I jokingly said that this is a UCONN neighborhood and we might have some fun with the rivalry. He said “there hasn’t been much competition really” in a very condescending tone.

I tried my best to play it off but all could do is picture him bleeding from his eyes and mouth..... well I think I may need medication and therapy.

Am I alone?
NO need for meds or therapy here. It's been known forever that there is a mystical reason PC rhymes with BC with fans of the same ilk. Maybe it would help if in your next conversation it was mentioned as a state we have done our share to make the rivalry competitive. This with both their most successful players of recent history being from CT....;)

Reaction Score
Tyler Olander has more national championships than, well, the entire State of Rhode Island.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom