New mobile style | The Boneyard

New mobile style

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Using your mobile device browser, click on your name at the top right, then preferences, then select mobile style. Alternately, you can scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap "A&O," then select "mobile style." Much better for viewing with a smaller screen.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Sweet! looks good on iPhone

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I like it a lot better than Forum Runner.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you like the mobile style, you can create a bookmark for the site right on your phone/tablet home screen.

In iOS -

Go to the Boneyard in Safari and hit the share button. (The rectangle with the upwards arrow)

Select "Add to Home Screen" and you're done.

In Android -

Navigate to the site in the web browser.

On the top-right of the browser, press the icon with the three vertical dots.

In the resulting page, press the Star icon. That will allow you to edit the bookmark - I would opt to create it as a Mobile Bookmark in the drop down "IN" menu.

Hit Save.

Go back to the icon with the three vertical dots and select Bookmarks. Navigate to whichever folder you've opted to place the Boneyard bookmark and long-press on the Boneyard. A menu will pop up - select "Add to Home Screen" and you're done.

Reaction Score
It looks like it only works one way or the other, i.e., my laptop and smart phone are on the Comcast network so it only works one way.

I imagine when I'm out and about on my carrier's network it can be mobile and my laptop will obviously be normal.

I was going scratch this post but decided to throw this question in here.

Why, if I go to type a new post and then change my mind and clear the post and then go to another page and post, the previously cleared post shows up in the new post? Weird...

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
If you like the mobile style, you can create a bookmark for the site right on your phone/tablet home screen.

In iOS -

Go to the Boneyard in Safari and hit the share button. (The rectangle with the upwards arrow)

Select "Add to Home Screen" and you're done.

In Android -

Navigate to the site in the web browser.

On the top-right of the browser, press the icon with the three vertical dots.

In the resulting page, press the Star icon. That will allow you to edit the bookmark - I would opt to create it as a Mobile Bookmark in the drop down "IN" menu.

Hit Save.

Go back to the icon with the three vertical dots and select Bookmarks. Navigate to whichever folder you've opted to place the Boneyard bookmark and long-press on the Boneyard. A menu will pop up - select "Add to Home Screen" and you're done.

thanks! this is sweet!

And this will REALLY kill my work day… glad to find out this after the head coach has been resolved!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It looks like it only works one way or the other, i.e., my laptop and smart phone are on the Comcast network so it only works one way.

I imagine when I'm out and about on my carrier's network it can be mobile and my laptop will obviously be normal.

Why, if I go to type a new post and then change my mind and clear the post and then go to another page and post, the previously cleared post shows up in the new post? Weird...

The carrier has no affect on the mobile style.

Reaction Score
This is perfect. Especially since we lost tapatalk.

The best part is that it automatically went to the new style without me having to re-save the link into my bookmarks.

Thanks Tom

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
lol, 142 robots online. Also removes the sidebar ads from the PC view.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
lol, 142 robots online. Also removes the sidebar ads from the PC view.

Robots work for the search engines. If you click on the members link at the top you'll see the actual robot names.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This is awesome! Was bummed when you guys moved away from TappaTalk and wasn't gonna pay for the new app. This makes it not necessary! Thanks guys!

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Using your mobile device browser, click on your name at the top right, then preferences, then select mobile style. Alternately, you can scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap "A&O," then select "mobile style." Much better for viewing with a smaller screen.

Why did you stop supporting Tapatalk temery?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

On your first point, it might have something to do with the way your browser is saving your preferences. These days, if you're on an iPhone or Android phone, your browser preferences in Safari or Chrome on the desktop are synced to your mobile devices browser. That can cause some funky behavior.

To answer your second question, your posts are being saved as a draft and are automatically repopulating the text box when you return.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Cool, I have been using this for a bit, looks good on my new phone.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It is IP related. If I do mobile on my phone it changes the view on my laptop a little.

If you are logged in, the script remembers your preferences. It is cookie based.

Reaction Score
This is first time I have been able to make anything work on my blackberry. Thanks!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
my only complaint is that the youtube plugin doesn't work. Everything else is immensely better.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
my only complaint is that the youtube plugin doesn't work. Everything else is immensely better.
What phone are you using? Mobile style on iPhone 5/ios7, YouTube vids play fine (for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom