New Mexico State Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New Mexico State Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What do you expwct when your offense rolls like a square wheel and your team plays like a box of rocks. That theme has been all too prevalent this season. I am glad I did not put up 1k to go to Buffalo from FL. Silver lining.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever considered the admittedly remote possibility that the teams we play want to win too, that they have players that might be equal to or a bit better than ours, that someone could go off for 37 points (even with decent defense in their face), that maybe, just maybe, we are not quite as good as fans think we are, that maybe the match up didn't favor us? We've been suspect all year -- no definitive offense. It caught up to use tonite. Actually, I think Hurley did a really good job with the cards he was dealt this year. I worry about next season. Lots of pieces to work with, but no one to organize and drive the offense.

Reaction Score
You know, forget the in-game stuff. The fact that this staff has had Sanogo for two full seasons now and he still shows very little basketball savvy .... that's on the coaches too. No properly coached player would lunge out on Allen like that. We did it twice!!

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Horrible game plan. Horribly executed horrible game plan.

Reaction Score
Blame Hurley all you want. The bonehead plays I saw from the guys on the court were simply horrific. The blame is on them.
At some point the coach is a reflection of his players.

Reaction Score
UConn had plenty of chances and made a lot of boneheaded plays that hurt momentum. But two calls were outrageous. The running prayer Allen threw up at the end and they called a late foul on AJ, very bad. And this needed reviewed…..how is that possible it is not reviewed

Reaction Score
No blame at all? 1 guy puts up over 30. Your pt guard gets trapped right in front of you?
Very little. At a certain point, you have to hold guys in their 20s responsible. So many unforced errors on the floor that were inexcusable. That isn’t on the coach.

Reaction Score
Sanogo and Tyrese were just lost tonight. The team was unprepared. None if this was a great surprise unless you thought you saw something radically different from last year.

Reaction Score
You can't keep laying eggs in the biggest moments. He needs a good season next year or his seat will start to get hot. Results business.
I don’t disagree, but you got @LoyalFanCT picking out a new coach already, let’s be real calling for Hurley to be fired right now is pointless. No hiding that tonight is devastating and unacceptable.

Reaction Score
One of the few gripes I have with Hurley is that he stuck with the Sanogo/Whaley pairing when it was clear as day that it was just not a good pairing offensively. Hopefully we can Sampson can become the stretch 4 this team desperately needs
I like Whaley, but I’m not sorry that this is his last year.

Reaction Score
We got what we deserved. Average players. Average coach. Love anybody who puts on a UCONN jersey. This is our reality right now. It could be worse.
Average players = yes. The Huskies need more scorers and a true PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom