New Loge Box at Gampel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Loge Box at Gampel

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Lame attempt for sure but if we're being realistic, where are they getting the real estate for proper boxes? Should they hang platforms from the newly minted Patoni tiles? It's a huge flaw in the small dome design of the building from before we ever thought of winning 5 National Championships. We built to the minimum specs for a Big East arena at the time and unless we blow it up and start anew, this is what we get.

Reaction Score
Has to be a proof of concept kind of a thing. They might be attractive to people with mobility issues. I wonder what they'll do to create the box? Maybe railings?
My husband and I attended games for 5 years with him in a wheelchair - that seating is really no better than what we got. Actually being on the corner might be worse - talk about congestion.

Reaction Score
is this true?

The concessions that were located where these “loge boxes” are going in have to go somewhere so it’s plausible, but I guess we won’t know until opening night

Reaction Score
The concessions that were located where these “loge boxes” are going in have to go somewhere so it’s plausible, but I guess we won’t know until opening night
Well that would suck - things are hard enough for disabled people - to remove some of their seating to cater to those who want 'special seating' is wrong on many levels.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
What a joke. Sit your rear end in a normal seat like a normal fan. I can’t imagine the fake fan sucker that buys this. I will be laughing in their face.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I can’t get over this. If you pay that price for those seats you probably have never been to a game before or you are an idiot. We should throw stuff at them.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Lame attempt for sure but if we're being realistic, where are they getting the real estate for proper boxes? Should they hang platforms from the newly minted Patoni tiles? It's a huge flaw in the small dome design of the building from before we ever thought of winning 5 National Championships. We built to the minimum specs for a Big East arena at the time and unless we blow it up and start anew, this is what we get.
WE DONT NEED BOXES AT GAMPEL Pack the joint as it is and let’s go nuts. Snobs can stay home.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
WE DONT NEED BOXES AT GAMPEL Pack the joint as it is and let’s go nuts. Snobs can stay home.
IMG_0394.JPEG

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
That’s a cool stub. Not sure why that was the response to my post though. Please explain.

The first game in Gampel was in January, 1990 vs- St John's. We had already outgrown the building and there was no way every student could get tickets so there was a Willy Wonka like lottery on campus to win a Golden Ticket for free and early entry to home games for the 89-90 season. First couple of games were still in the fieldhouse.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
My man, you spent too much time on something I wasn't trying to compete with.
Wasn’t sure what your picture meant. Im just saying we all go to all the games. We all love the team and the building. In my opinion there’s no need for those silly “boxes.” I think you agree with all of that. Would have loved that context with your pic. The people buying those boxes will be the fakest fans in the building and won’t be able to name 3 players on the team or an assistant coach. They should stay home like they’ve been for the past 10 years and we shouldn’t be catering to them.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Why is it called a “loge box” if it’s just some chairs on the concourse? Someone should send this thread to Dave.

Reaction Score
The first game in Gampel was in January, 1990 vs- St John's. We had already outgrown the building and there was no way every student could get tickets so there was a Willy Wonka like lottery on campus to win a Golden Ticket for free and early entry to home games for the 89-90 season. First couple of games were still in the fieldhouse.
The comment about the golden ticket isn’t completely accurate. I had a golden ticket for that season. There were two student season tickets, which you had to pay for. The golden ticket guaranteed access to the lower bowl. The blue ticket relegated you to the upper level of Gampel.

Reaction Score
That price has to be per seat. So $35,000 for Providence and Nova.

If that were true it would be the funniest thing ever. Imagine paying $35,000 for that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom