New Hockey Barn Concept Art/Floor Plan on Display? | The Boneyard

New Hockey Barn Concept Art/Floor Plan on Display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw a tweet tonight that said: "They had concept art and floor plans for a new Uconn hockey arena in the donor area at the game tonight"

Anyone see it? Sneak a picture or two:)?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Hope they can do something like what Quinnipiac constructed.

Reaction Score
Hope they can do something like what Quinnipiac constructed.

Great place to see games but it would need to be TDBSC on steroids. TD Bank seats only 3,600 for basketball and 3,400 for hockey.

It cost like $55m to build back in 2007,

Reaction Score
Someone must have taken a picture of it.

While we're at promoting the Connecticut D1 college scene, Sacred Heart needs to do a MUCH better job in marketing and let it be known they are the second largest Catholic school in New England. I would like to see SHU succeed.

QU is well-entrenched in the Hamden community. SHU is not but is slowly growing. Fairfield U has much better name recognition, probably because the school has more history.

Reaction Score
Someone must have taken a picture of it.

While we're at promoting the Connecticut D1 college scene, Sacred Heart needs to do a MUCH better job in marketing and let it be known they are the second largest Catholic school in New England. I would like to see SHU succeed.

QU is well-entrenched in the Hamden community. SHU is not but is slowly growing. Fairfield U has much better name recognition, probably because the school has more history.

You lost me... How does that remotely fit into this thread?

Reaction Score
Great place to see games but it would need to be TDBSC on steroids. TD Bank seats only 3,600 for basketball and 3,400 for hockey.

It cost like $55m to build back in 2007,
I was talking about the new rink at work with my friend..a HUGE college hockey fan who graduated from BC..(he LOVES the UCONN addition to HE..absolutely HATES the ND addition) he said to do it right that we should make it in the 6500 range, that way we can hold the NCAA tournament there. That would be the ideal number...6500...but I think we will see a 5000 to 5500 seat arena. We have to met HE requirements of 5000 that were part of our acceptance into the league.

Reaction Score
I've heard 4500 bandied about as the size but I don't know that as a fact and it could have changed. The Hockey East requirement is something less than carved in stone, too. they were willing to accept a slightly lesser sized facility to get the program they wanted and frankly have wanted for over a decade. The issue was getting anyone from UConn to commit. When Notre Dame joined and HEA decided they needed a 12th, it was put up or shut up time,and although I'm not enamored with Manuel overall, in giving credit where its do, he did step up on this. Hathaway would have waffled and Predergast would have said no because he would be afraid it would hurt basketball.

Reaction Score
Saw a tweet tonight that said: "They had concept art and floor plans for a new Uconn hockey arena in the donor area at the game tonight"

Anyone see it? Sneak a picture or two:)?
imagejpeg_0_5.jpeg
imagejpeg_0_5.jpeg
imagejpeg_0_5.jpeg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) Thank you for posting those.

2) Wonder how old they are....the logo is still the old husky.

Reaction Score
Note the possible name, "Freitas Ice Forum". Stepping up again? Kudos if that's the case!

Reaction Score
We need to be more post-modern in the exterior design.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The way it's colored it looks like the roof is glass... which I'm guessing is cost prohibitive and probably an error on the part of the artist. But... how cool would that be?

Reaction Score
You definitely don't want the sun melting ice.

The way it's colored it looks like the roof is glass... which I'm guessing is cost prohibitive and probably an error on the part of the artist. But... how cool would that be?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
You definitely don't want the sun melting ice.

They can put an outdoor ice rink in LA.. I'm pretty sure they could figure out a way to keep the sunlight from heating up the place. ;)

Reaction Score
They can put an outdoor ice rink in LA.. I'm pretty sure they could figure out a way to keep the sunlight from heating up the place. ;)

An outdoor rink that the players despised as the worst ice they ever skated on. The chemical treatments they need to prevent the sun from melting ice gummed everything up.

There are outdoor rinks everywhere. Not fit for top shelf hockey however.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Hate to be a killjoy, because a new rink is an exciting thing, but that rendering to my eye looks like a bare bones facility. I seriously doubt the money for those sky boxes will ever happen.

I would prefer a steeper rake to the stands and an aesthetic that feels more closed in, but this is an artist's rendering designed to tickle donors and show off in board meetings, so I take it all with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom