New Helmets for the Irish | The Boneyard

New Helmets for the Irish

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
They have started new traditions, I hear the students are dying to videotape football practices.

Reaction Score
They have started new traditions, I hear the students are dying to videotape football practices.

Too soon

I'm not sure what this has to do with conference realignment except that you guys should go to the ACC with us. Whaddaya say? Could be fun!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

I want to laugh. I really do. But I can't.

Reaction Score
"The school will continue to have 23.9 karat gold flakes in the helmet, but the tradition of students painting the helmets before the game is going away because it is too detailed to be replicated by the school."

Real gold?!?! :eek:

Reaction Score

Not funny. Someone really died. If it was your son, I would hope you would miss him enough not to make jokes.

Reaction Score
Funny right?

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- A Notre Dame student died Wednesday after the tower from which he was filming football practice fell over.
Declan Sullivan, a 20-year-old junior from Long Grove, Ill., was transported from the LaBar practice complex to a South Bend hospital, where he died.

[+] Enlarge
AP Photo/Joe RaymondNotre Dame emergency personnel examine the location where a tower used to tape the team's football practice fell over, leading to the death of student Declan Sullivan.

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to Declan's family and friends," coach Brian Kelly said in a release. "Declan was a diligent student worker in our video department and had a tremendous personality and great sense of humor. He brightened the days for all that had the privilege to work with him, and the Notre Dame football family will dearly miss him."
Authorities were investigating the incident. The hydraulic scissor lift, which can be lowered or raised depending on needs, stretched across a nearby street. According to one report, the tower stood about 50 feet above the ground.
Winds in the area were gusting to 51 mph at the time, according to the National Weather Service, and the team practiced indoors Tuesday because of the blustery conditions.
Sullivan indicated via his Twitter account that he was in a dangerous predicament. According to a report from WTSB in South Bend, Sullivan posted the following tweet at 3:22 p.m. ET, just as practice was beginning: "Gusts of wind up to 60 mph. Well today will be fun at work. I guess I've lived long enough."
Then, at 4:06 p.m. according to the station, Sullivan posted another tweet: "Holy (blank). Holy (blank). This is terrifying."
Notre Dame was making grief counselors available for students, and university president Rev. John Jenkins will preside over a special Mass in Sullivan's memory on Thursday at 10 p.m. ET.
"We are deeply saddened by this tragic loss," Jenkins said. "Our hearts go out to the student's family and friends and our prayers and profound sympathies are with them during this incredibly difficult time. The loss of someone so young is a terrible shock and a great sadness. Our entire community shares in the family's grief."

Reaction Score
Join the Big East. Word is we're in the market for some new football teams.

Reaction Score
Join the Big East. Word is we're in the market for some new football teams.
I wish I could make it happen. Truth be told, ND has not been good for some time. If they joined, I really believe that we could recruit Penn State and maybe Pitt, Syracuse & BC (if desired). I'm certain the 3 academies would be willing to join for football. More importantly, it would rejuvenate the Irish and perhaps get them back to the top.

I would think finances could be worked out if that was the issue. Not really sure why independence is so important.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You cried at the end, admit it. Makes you want to go out for the team.

He got a meaningless sack at the end of a blow out. You know who he is? Just like a hundred other walk-ons.

Nothing. Special.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The only thing I got out of that movie was that Vinve Vaughn was always an ass.

Reaction Score
The only thing I got out of that movie was that Vinve Vaughn was always an ass.
There's a lot of anger on this forum.
His role was pretty small. He was probably unhappy having to keep so trim for the movie. At the end he helped get Rudy in the game, remember, another emotional hollywood scene.

MattMang23

Reaction Score

Yes, just not for that team. For Florida, yes. For LSU, yes. For Alabama, yes. For USC, Texas, Clemson, FSU, Miami, Auburn, and Tennessee, yes. For Georgia, Ohio State and Michigan, yes. For Oklahoma, Penn State, West Virginia, Nebraska, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Oregon, yes. And of course for UConn, yes. For Notre Dame? No.

Reaction Score
Yes, just not for that team. For Florida, yes. For LSU, yes. For Alabama, yes. For USC, Texas, Clemson, FSU, Miami, Auburn, and Tennessee, yes. For Georgia, Ohio State and Michigan, yes. For Oklahoma, Penn State, West Virginia, Nebraska, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Oregon, yes. And of course for UConn, yes. For Notre Dame? No.
You make no sense, man. Every American boy grows up wanting to play for ND. Everyone knows that. It's common knowledge.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
You make no sense, man. Every American boy grows up wanting to play for ND. Everyone knows that. It's common knowledge.

Well, see, I grew up playing hockey, so I never really dreamed of playing college football for anyone. My dreams were always suiting up for the BU hockey team.

Reaction Score
Well, see, I grew up playing hockey, so I never really dreamed of playing college football for anyone. My dreams were always suiting up for the BU hockey team.
Great game. Seems like every kid from Mass is playing hockey now. A friend of mine lives in Sutton, both his boys play. Another friend lives in the Boston area, his kids play as well. Playing for BU in hockey is like playing for a big time football program, no doubt.

Reaction Score
He got a meaningless sack at the end of a blow out. You know who he is? Just like a hundred other walk-ons.

Nothing. Special.
Please tell me that IF you have children, that you are proud of them despite their faults and that they make you smile, at least once in a while. Sooooo damn negative!!! It makes me laugh when I can't even predict at how you're going to find in a pile of gold.

Reaction Score
Helmets did look great... Too bad their play on the field didn't.

Reaction Score

i thought rudy came off as a big cry baby. "waa waa put me in so my dad will love me. waa waa." i did like charles dutton's character though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom