New helmets finalized.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New helmets finalized....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Several sites loved the helmets but lets not talk about that.

I suggest you take a fair appraisal of the overall response. It ain't pretty. As we struggle to maintain a national level program in the face of realignment and being cast into a tier 2 conference, the last thing we need is to look like is a small time, gimmicky joke program. This motif of faux cool fits in well with the DJ Dog cr*p. Good Lord, we need some serious professionals at the helm.

Reaction Score
Really happy with the new helmets. I wonder if they are altering the white jersey as well. I went over to try and grab one last week and only the blue were in stock.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I suggest you take a fair appraisal of the overall response. It ain't pretty. As we struggle to maintain a national level program in the face of realignment and being cast into a tier 2 conference, the last thing we need is to look like is a small time, gimmicky joke program. This motif of faux cool fits in well with the DJ Dog cr*p. Good Lord, we need some serious professionals at the helm.

Because a real professional would be obsessing over what some hillbilly posters in West Virginia and Alabama think about our helmets - good lord. Just for fun, can you all imagine what these same folks would be saying if we unveiled Jonathan today?

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I understand some people might not love the new helmets, but hating them or thinking that they are the ugliest helmets in college football is beyond ridiculous.

Wait a minute. You mean people here are expressing a thought by using incredibly unwarranted hyperbole??

That's the craziest thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

Reaction Score

Why is it I never see you posting on any thread where you contribute something positive?

It's obvious you and freescooter have the same angry outlook on life and if both of you went away the BY world would be a much better place.

It's one thing to have an opinion and it's another to just make negative comment after negative comment.

I sure hope you and freescooter don't have season tix. We really don't need you.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
...Competing to be the ugliest is not the direction I thought we should go. I was think more like winning and building a credible football tradition. Talk about shooting ourselves in the head over and over.

A smurf blue field hasn't stopped Boise St. Winning - especially big games - will get us there regardless of uniforms. We all need to support this program by getting our butts in the seats for every game!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Oh good grief! Can we get any more bush league? Well at least Maryland doesn't have the worst helmets in college football anymore.

Oregon says hi. Please do us all a favor, and STFU.

Reaction Score
images

What would people say if Michigan released this as a new helmet today? I'm sure plenty would criticize. Actually, our new helmets seem like a riff on Michigan's helmet. Just add eyes.

Reaction Score
Gotta say, I'm not bothered by these helmets. I really liked the block C, but it was boring. I look forward to seeing these helmets lined up and playing ball. Then I'll decide on how really look. For now, all's good.

Win. And win against quality opponents and people will respect you regardless of your unis or helmets.

Reaction Score
Good to see someone gets it. What this so-called leadership is doing to what was a proud and up and coming athletic program is just sad. 10 years form now we'll be Houston, and I don't mean that in a good way, and our cartoon character AD will be to blame. One correction, though, even a D3 program wouldn't wear these helmets. These are arena league level.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
And how many places are they going to put UConn on the damned uniform? front of the jersey, front of the helmet, back of the helmet.Bet it shows up on the pants too. This could well be the most ridiculous uniform re-branding in history. I've followed UConn for almost 50 years, been to at least one game a year every year since 1971. I am so embarrassed by this helmet I doubt I will go this year even if someone gives me tickets.

Fire Warde Now. He has already made us a laughing stock. Do it before he does any more damage to the athletic department!!!

what will it take to get you to stop posting on the boneyard?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Right. Because gimmicks like, I don't know, a blue field, will mean your team will never win anything.

Moron.

Reaction Score
Why is it I never see you posting on any thread where you contribute something positive?

It's obvious you and freescooter have the same angry outlook on life and if both of you went away the BY world would be a much better place.

It's one thing to have an opinion and it's another to just make negative comment after negative comment.

I sure hope you and freescooter don't have season tix. We really don't need you.
Here's the thing, art, you're a pretty bright guy and a big fan and deep down you know we're right. You're just too loyal , kind of a my team right or wrong guy. Warde Manuel is driving this program in particular over a friggin' cliff . He didn't have the stones to fire Pasqualoni when he clearly isn't up to the task. Replacing the OC is fine as far as it goes, but how many times has that turned a team around? How many P5 games has he scheduled? Exactly zero at this point. At least he didn't schedule a football game he didn't schedule a basketball game to conflict with a football game. Oops! Football only plays 1 time per week, yet this dope schedules a hoop game. And what's really bizarre about it. Its a FRIDAY night! So it isn't like we can play 1 at 12 and one at 8 so if your really want to make the trip it is possible. We have exactly 1 Friday night game...1... so its not like the big dope could have gotten confused...1 Friday game, its against a good team and its at home...and we schedule against ourselves. It's against Louisville, so it will likely be against a ranked team and it should have been an angry crowd. How is it even possible to do that? Or was he just so excited to play Maryland, that's right Maryland, that he just said yes to whatever they put in front of him. But at least its in Madison Square...oh wait, its in Brooklyn... And these helmets are the cherry on top of incompetence. People are laughing, making fun of UConn. We look not even D3, not even high school. Bluedog is right, these look like something by Playtime toys. The guy has done more damage in his brief tenure than Hathaway did in 10 years.

Reaction Score
All you need to know about new helmets, uni's, etc. is if you win people love them and your team is a innovator (see Oregon) if you lose people hate them and its a travesty you go against tradition (see Maryland). I'm hoping we are following Oregon's road but I'll decide at the end of the season whether I like these or not.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I like the helmet and think it is a step into the right direction for the program. Out with the old and in with the new.

Those complaining should maybe get up on the other side of the bed and look at things differently

Reaction Score
And how many places are they going to put UConn on the damned uniform? front of the jersey, front of the helmet, back of the helmet.Bet it shows up on the pants too. This could well be the most ridiculous uniform re-branding in history. I've followed UConn for almost 50 years, been to at least one game a year every year since 1971. I am so embarrassed by this helmet I doubt I will go this year even if someone gives me tickets.

Fire Warde Now. He has already made us a laughing stock. Do it before he does any more damage to the athletic department!!!

So embarrassed by a helmet you won't attend games? Cheezus, could you get any more dramatic? I sometimes agree with what yiu say even when the rest of the board is up in arms, but not attending games because you don't like the helmets is like a petulant child throwing a temper tantrum. Grow a pair for crying out loud.

Reaction Score
Freescooter knows how I feel deep down. Damn it, I've been exposed.

Time to add him to the ignore list. I keep forgetting to stop wasting time on useless people.

Reaction Score

Fair. But if this was pushed by Nike, it isn't like they have no experience at being trend setters.

Reaction Score
I guess what I can't understand is the people that bitch simultaneously about UCONN being in the "land of steady habits" and "not being aggressive in the media" and "being gimicky" with the uniforms and "being too old" and "being too young" all without taking a breath.

I wish we had a time machine also and went back in time and turned ourselves into Alabama but I live in the real world.

When HFD says we can't appeal to youngsters because we went with a clip art logo and helmet and wordmark when those same kids spend their time watching The Cleveland Show or Family Guy I really can't understand what the people want?

Reaction Score
I feel like the New Yorker cartoon on Seinfeld:

"I wish I was taller"...

Reaction Score
images

What would people say if Michigan released this as a new helmet today? I'm sure plenty would criticize. Actually, our new helmets seem like a riff on Michigan's helmet. Just add eyes.

These helmets are awful. Unless you are Michigan. And you win. Which they do. End of story.

Reaction Score

Yes, everything is great. The helmets are awesome. The AAC is awesome too. P has been great too. There, happy. We can all cj as one big back slapping group.

Reaction Score
I guess what I can't understand is the people that bitch simultaneously about UCONN being in the "land of steady habits" and "not being aggressive in the media" and "being gimicky" with the uniforms and "being too old" and "being too young" all without taking a breath.

I wish we had a time machine also and went back in time and turned ourselves into Alabama but I live in the real world.

When HFD says we can't appeal to youngsters because we went with a clip art logo and helmet and wordmark when those same kids spend their time watching The Cleveland Show or Family Guy I really can't understand what the people want?
J187Money,

there is a difference between being hip and trying to appeal to a younger fanbase, and looking foolish. This crapo design is like an overweight 50 year old wearing a tight short suit with a skinny tie and thinking it makes him hip. It only makes him look foolish. that's what we did. As to your point about Nike, they have had lots of misses, too. They just don't advertise those. The Nike Ovidian for example. The Arizona State uniforms with the Chicago Gang logo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom