New Field at the Rent | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Field at the Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That looks AWESOME.

Anyone have the picture of last year's field for comparison sake?
rentschler-field-huskies-8-28-joe-d-16-x-91.jpg

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I love this look! If I had to change something, I might have made the end zones blue, but that's splitting hairs. This is a "13-0" level field, for sure! Very nice...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I love this look! If I had to change something, I might have made the end zones blue, but that's splitting hairs. This is a "13-0" level field, for sure! Very nice...
IIRC the explanation is that the kind of grass that grows in northern climates can tolerate being painted light colors, but not if painted dark colors. So a large patch of national flag blue in the end zone would not hold up to a record number of UConn touchdowns. (presumably a smaller patch on the middle of the field would survive the preceding drives ).

Reaction Score
Head & shoulders better than last year - big time improvement!

Looks like they're really trying to sell that "ice blue staring husky eyes" concept. Right in the center of the field now.

I hope the newbie fans recognize it as doggie eyes and not as . . . . . . something else.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
IIRC the explanation is that the kind of grass that grows in northern climates can tolerate being painted light colors, but not if painted dark colors. So a large patch of national flag blue in the end zone would not hold up to a record number of UConn touchdowns. (presumably a smaller patch on the middle of the field would survive the preceding drives ).

We'll throw over the emblem in the middle, and we'll keep our runs on the edges... ;)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Or at least shoot the photos from the other side.

I thought the same thing but if you shoot from the other side the eyes are upside down. Can't flip the eyes because you want them upright when the TV cameras on the press box are looking.

Reaction Score
Mid-field angle.

BwEpdilIIAAH6Bh.jpg:large
Sexy field!! Love the Husky in midfield, nice touch with the blue eyes. And I love to see the 'Y' on the scoreboard. This has been a long and grueling off season. I'm looking forward to the game Friday. I'm glad that we get to start the season against a classy program like UCONN. I live just outside of Provo Utah and personally know several UCONN fans (albeit mostly basketball fans :) ). Gotta respect the home of Jesus Shuttlesworth, Ben Gordon, Rip, Caron, Hasheem, and all the rest but especially one of the greatest head coaches of all time: Jim Calhoun. Your football team has seen better days, but the future is bright with Diaco. I think he's going to be a hell of a coach for you. I just hope it's not in week 1.

Even though Vegas is saying something like BYU -17, I don't think there are many BYU fans lining up to take that bet. Diaco has played us and beat us. I listened to a few of his press conferences and he's saying all the things you want to hear your new coach say. UCONN has some athletes. We're traveling a long way and historically haven't done that well when we do, especially at the start of the year. I think (hope) BYU wins but it won't be by much. My prediction is BYU 34 UCONN 24, but I think it will be one of those games that is a lot closer than the score says. Maybe tied going into the 4th with BYU scoring, having to make a few tough stops and sealing it with a FG in the last few mins. I hope it works out that way but I wouldn't be shocked to see it go the exact opposite.

Anyhow, good luck Friday. Good luck the rest of the year. Gorgeous stadium. Wish I could have made the trip this time, but definitely want to make it out there at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom