New Dauster Podcast with Goodman | The Boneyard

New Dauster Podcast with Goodman

Reaction Score

Looks like they talk Uconn Memphis buyout. Have not listened.

Reaction Score
They acknowledge the fact that Ollie is owed 10 plus million and then Goodman goes on to say he’s heard that UConn still wants/intends to buy him out. Predicts that Danny Hurley will be our coach, with Frank Martin and Bruce Pearl as wildcards.
Thanks for the quick recap. I was much too lazy to actually listen to it.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
They acknowledge the fact that Ollie is owed 10 plus million and then Goodman goes on to say he’s heard that UConn still wants/intends to buy him out. Predicts that Danny Hurley will be our coach, with Frank Martin and Bruce Pearl as wildcards.
Ahhh... music to my ears! One can only hope this is the case

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Bruce Pearl is going from the SEC to the AAC?

I don’t think Auburn is an especially nice place to coach.

And I’m guessing Goodman is connecting dots based on our AD.

I’d be really, really surprised, though.

Reaction Score

Wow, that is....

Really something.

I trust his sources.

Reaction Score
And I’m guessing Goodman is connecting dots based on our AD

Correct. Goodman notes his entire basis for suggesting Pearl is the AD connection, but also stipulates that amid the investigation he has hanging over his head that it would be unlikely until that was resolved. He also does mention Pearl is from this area (Sharon, MA).

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Correct. Goodman notes his entire basis for suggesting Pearl is the AD connection, but also stipulates that amid the investigation he has hanging over his head that it would be unlikely until that was resolved. He also does mention Pearl is from this area (Sharon, MA).

Reasonable explanations for the guy you say is the out of LF call.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

After listening...Goodman actually doesn’t suggest Pearl.

Dauster did. Goodman more or less shot it down.

Reaction Score
But I thought UConn couldn’t attract good coaches? Some fans here think much less of the program than even outsiders do. Our brand isn’t as damaged as some have suggested. People still respect UConn. It’s why our demise is such a story. If they thought so little of us no one would give a hoot about what we were doing. We still hold weight. Let’s use it

Reaction Score
But I thought UConn couldn’t attract good coaches? Some fans here think much less of the program than even outsiders do. Our brand isn’t as damaged as some have suggested. People still respect UConn. It’s why our demise is such a story. If they thought so little of us no one would give a hoot about what we were doing. We still hold weight. Let’s use it

Only liked this cuz there isn't a love option

Reaction Score
Bruce Pearl is going from the SEC to the AAC?

Go from one multi-bid conference to another, but to a school with more advantages to snag the upper tier bids of the conference.

It’s not FB. UConn already won one Natty in the AAC. There are schools in the conference now that can do the same.

Reaction Score

Let's see.
Frank Martin? The guy who had his "Ollie" year last year? Pretty dramatic decline this year, so can we really believe he will consistently win at such a level that would warrant paying big money to buy out Ollie?
Bruce Pearl? Mr. Integrity? The guy who refused to cooperate with his own school's lawyers in their responses to the FBI criminal investigation? And, it seems I recall he had some issue at Wisconsin-Milwaukee regarding reimbursement of expenses.
UConn hit a home run in 1986 hiring a proven winner and program builder from a lower Division I school.
Why not go that route again rather than getting involved with guys that don't have clean histories (Pearl) or that didn't dominate their previous leagues (Martin)?

Reaction Score
Hearing the Peral comments in their full context leads me to believe that is not a real possibility.

That was just spit balling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom