New court filings name former UConn standouts Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs, Terry Larrier in Kevin Ollie case | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New court filings name former UConn standouts Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs, Terry Larrier in Kevin Ollie case

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I believed from the start that--for reasons having everything to do with lifestyle choices and nothing to do with NCAA violations--Ollie would be unable to line up any income streams after being fired here. If there's nowhere else he can look to to fund his lifestyle, of course he's going to go scorched earth here.

Reaction Score
Dragging in former recruits and their parents/relatives/handlers should really help with our recruitment. Talk about a clown show...

Reaction Score
I believed from the start that--for reasons having everything to do with lifestyle choices and nothing to do with NCAA violations--Ollie would be unable to line up any income streams after being fired here. If there's nowhere else he can look to to fund his lifestyle, of course he's going to go scorched earth here.
@stairmaster Entirely removed from the evolving scorched earth strategy you suggest, what part of Ollie’s purported “lifestyle choices” would have initially or even now impaired his ability to be hired as an NBA assistant, D league, or overseas professional coach?

Reaction Score
Kevin Mackey ? Your honor....exhibit 1.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
@stairmaster Entirely removed from the evolving scorched earth strategy you suggest, what part of Ollie’s purported “lifestyle choices” would have initially or even now impaired his ability to be hired as an NBA assistant, D league, or overseas professional coach?

It's not as if those coaches have no responsibilities besides "show up at the arena from 6:30-10:30, and do whatever the hell you want before and after." They still have scouting, game-planning, and player development work that they need to engage in outside of games. Ollie's lifestyle clearly inhibited him from doing those things here; I think that would still be a problem even if he had a smaller share of the workload.

C

Chief00

Don't change your tune now. You specifically called Glenn a rat and said he'd be worse off an Ollie, again you are incorrect. But that isn't a shocker.

I did call him a rat, and that’s a reason other than Calhoun no one would hire him. In what context did I say he was worse off than KO? They both have issues but they are different. I did agree on the termination on both.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I did call him a rat, and that’s a reason other than Calhoun no one would hire him. In what context did I say he was worse off than KO? They both have issues Big they are different. Although, KO’s lokeabikity index is dropping. I did agree on the termination on both.

How could you let such a close personal friend of yours hire a rat? Don't you care about JC? Why didn't you intervene?

Reaction Score
Here's an honest question: who? How long were they away from the sport? Where did they turn back up?

And then, which of them were fired for violations, and which of them were really fired for sucking.

A lot of those guys fired for cause were through NCAA investigations, they weren't accused of lying to the NCAAs, and they were winning when they were fired. Those three things make KO's case different.
Mark Gottfried got another job. If he can, anyone can

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He wouldn't have gotten the job if it wasn't for Calhoun and UConn,

Not more than 10 mil.

And they wouldnt to you either. Stop pretending you would leave 10 million on the table because of loyalty.

I could turn you into a Syracuse fan for 500 bucks and a slice of ghost train haze.

Reaction Score
Mark Gottfried got another job. If he can, anyone can
Mark Gottfried didn't get fired for cause, nor for cheating. He resigned from Alabama, where he won regular season titles and earned the school its first ever #1 ranking, and he resigned from NC State after two losing seasons (prior to which he had gone to four straight NCAA tournaments and two S16s). His first job was at Murray State, where he won three straight OVC championships.

Not a good comparison.

August_West

Reaction Score
Shut it down. You'll never top this one.
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Anyone want to elaborate on the lifestyle of KO that made this or any other similar role incapable of him handling? Other than that, I think everything else has been spelled out.

Reaction Score
Not more than 10 mil.

And they wouldnt to you either. Stop pretending you would leave 10 million on the table because of loyalty.

I could turn you into a Syracuse fan for 500 bucks and a slice of ghost train haze.
It's not just about $10mm. It's about reputation, both personally and professionally. If he didn't go nuclear, he could have gotten another job to chip into the $10mm earnings. He could have taken a year off, got himself together and got a gig as an assistant making a few hundred grand per year. Instead all of his earnings are weighing on winning in arbitration or suing for discrimination. He hurt himself in the long term hoping for a short term payoff. Seems like a big red flag that he's not willing to change his behavior

Reaction Score
Not more than 10 mil.

Pretty sure he wouldn't push away/treat like old dirty laundry someone who gave him everything and was a father figure to him, don't think many would.

August_West

Reaction Score
It's not just about $10mm. It's about reputation, both personally and professionally. If he didn't go nuclear, he could have gotten another job to chip into the $10mm earnings.

He was fired for cause. His personal and professional reputation were hit right then. Made his decision much easier to go to the mattresses.

August_West

Reaction Score
Pretty sure he wouldn't push away/treat like old dirty laundry someone who gave him everything and was a father figure to him, don't think many would.

For 10 million?

LOL .

Their relationship for whatever reasons (and its sad) was broken long before the firing.

Reaction Score
He was fired for cause. His personal and professional reputation were hit right then. Made his decision much easier to go to the mattresses.
UConn went easy on him. They could have just got into a beat reporters ear and started unloading about personal drama if they really wanted to

Reaction Score
For 10 million?

LOL .

Their relationship for whatever reasons (and its sad) was broken long before the firing.
I'm talking about Ollie treating Calhoun like dirt years ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom