New Conference Name: American Metro Conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Conference Name: American Metro Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Atlantis.

Lots of cool logo and merchandising possibilities. Words most commonly associated: "Lost" and "Doomed".

Reaction Score
I almost think Aresco is screwing with them and just buying time till all the graphics, etc... are done.

Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerCBS)
3/26/13, 10:22 AM
Big East source on name discussions: "The America, the Metro, the Collegiate, the United -- it covered everything."
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...17/big-east-faces-decisions-on-tulsa-new-name

"The source wasn't sure whether “Collegiate” or “United” Conferences were realistic names but said the above quote spoke to the wide-ranging nature of the brainstorming sessions among members. "America" and "Metro" have been reported as potential names."
Not until the graphics are done? What kindergarten is doing them?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
and the Gremlin could be our conference car. Seems appropriate.
1976-AMC-gremlin-hatchback-5.jpg

My grandpa had this car, ha!

His was pea-green, hideously ugly and turned left whenever he hit the brakes - but the thing started up every damn day until it rotted out.

I dunno what that means for our new conference situation, but all in all that old Gremlin wasn't so bad - it got Grampa through some rough winters back in the day...

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Blauds is now saying that the name will definitely be announced before the Final Four games on Saturday. Says American is leading to be the main word used, over Metro.

Reaction Score
Too bad the same effort and thought in naming the conference wasn't used when certain schools were invited.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Not until the graphics are done? What kindergarten is doing them?

More likely waiting for focus group results or Presidential sign-offs. But they should have had this ready to roll.out the day the split was finalized.

Given how quickly the C7 got there act together (sans BE office staff) just shows where the remedial folks resided in this whole mess (same BE office staff)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
JFowlerCBS 12:34pm via Web
Old Big East membership has teleconference Wednesday to discuss new name, I'm told. Should happen pretty quickly.

C7 didn't have to deal with a complete re-branding. Having gone through a few in my career - it is not as easy as many think. My sense is this will be announced before the Final 4 gets underway to maximize media mentions (especially w/ Louisville still in league for another year.).

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Atlantis.

Lots of cool logo and merchandising possibilities. Words most commonly associated: "Lost" and "Doomed".

I like it.

I think you just named the divisions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom