New! Catching up with Alex Post Combine Pod | The Boneyard

New! Catching up with Alex Post Combine Pod

Reaction Score
Hi all,

Don't usually release pods on the weekend, but Alex had some time earlier and figured why wait to release. Alex talks about the week at the Combine - all the workouts, drills, interviews he had to do; the feedback he's gotten, and a fun dinner with Adama/Cam in Chicago. Be sure to follow the pod on Twitter and subscribe wherever you get podcasts (and the YouTube Channel)! Audio out tomorrow.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Great interview.

Man, hard to read tea leaves but it seems pretty clear he has not decided to go—yet, at least.

Among other things, he mentioned the main feedback he’s gotten was working on his D and learning to shoot on the move. He also mentioned he went out to dinner with Adama and apparently heard some hard truths about being a 2-way guy.

Reaction Score
Assuming he would have a fat NIL deal should he decide to return. He’s going to be a technician if he wants a career in the league. Are there things he can improve against college talent?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jared, you’ve clearly never had a summer peach milkshake or strawberry ice cream from Ferris Acres Creamery in Newtown. Alex is right. Fruit belongs in ice cream.
That was pretty funny when Alex said "hey I just wanted to get the straight poop from you before judging you."

Reaction Score
Jared, you’ve clearly never had a summer peach milkshake or strawberry ice cream from Ferris Acres Creamery in Newtown. Alex is right. Fruit belongs in ice cream.
This place has been on my list to try for awhile. Have to make it out there

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Assuming he would have a fat NIL deal should he decide to return. He’s going to be a technician if he wants a career in the league. Are there things he can improve against college talent?

Yes, the two things he mentioned he needs to improve he can absolutely improve in college.

Reaction Score
If he sticks to what Hurley said post championship, in that he should only go if he is a guaranteed 1st round guy, I think he should come back. Get his degree, make a nice NIL check and spend his junior year improving on what these scouts are telling him. Some players really do need to capitalize on hype/recent attention, while they are in the spotlight, to get drafted. I don’t think Karaban falls into that category. Some might argue this draft slot is his ceiling, I’m one of those that would argue against that.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
So, here's my take. We're all focused on Alex's basketball career. Perhaps, the focus should be on his professional career. NIL numbers vs NBA numbers might not be the end game. This man is a coach some day, if he wants to be...

Reaction Score
Great interview. Alex is really smart, well spoken, very positive, student of the game, hard worker, and a good teammate . I wish the NBA valued these characteristics as much as they value athletic ability. I think these intangibles make more of a difference in which NBA teams succeed, yet that continue NBA teams continue to deprioritize these intangibles thinking they can teach them, but I don’t think you can. If a young main doesn’t possess these attributes by the time he is 20, doesn’t usually develop them later.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom