New additions/update to 2024 Schedule | Page 6 | The Boneyard

New additions/update to 2024 Schedule

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
It’s official. 6 Home games over 7 weeks. I‘m already exhausted. LOL

Reaction Score
Alerting extended family to plan NO weddings on the 6 consecutive home Saturdays...lol

Reaction Score
If we are bowling or close to bowling at the end of our long home stand maybe we can get a big group to go the Syracuse and Umass road games!

Reaction Score
...and not that I mind, but all games on Saturday's, no Thurs or Fri night. When was the last time that happened?

Reaction Score
I could absolutely see us winning 7 games with this schedule.

Wish we played BC again but if we take the 4 P5 teams as Ls we have a 2 game cushion to make a bowl. Totally doable.

Reaction Score
I remember similar numbers being discussed last offseason...
Given the results of the 2022 season, winning 7 games in 2023 was a little optimistic (that's why god invented message boards) and wasn't that unreasonable.

Reaction Score
I remember similar numbers being discussed last offseason...
People forget to take off their rose colored ski goggles this time of year. If you set your expectations low and they do much better then euphoria is the result. And if they do worse, then you have the satisfaction that you called it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
People forget to take off their rose colored ski goggles this time of year. If you set your expectations low and they do much better then euphoria is the result. And if they do worse, then you have the satisfaction that you called it.
Ah, the Jimmy Soul theory of life...

Reaction Score
My worry is that no fans show up for that game. Last home game of the year so who knows, but not my favorite move.

Reaction Score
You have to win at least 6 games against that schedule. Anything less should be viewed as a disappointment. The primary concern will once again be at QB. Do they go with the experienced albeit low ceiling option in Fagano, or do they roll the dice on one of the young guys and hope that their higher athletic upside can mask their lack of experience? Personally I’d rather see them build towards something while taking their lumps with a young guy, than scratch and claw their way to 5-7.

Reaction Score
You have to win at least 6 games against that schedule. Anything less should be viewed as a disappointment. The primary concern will once again be at QB. Do they go with the experienced albeit low ceiling option in Fagano, or do they roll the dice on one of the young guys and hope that their higher athletic upside can mask their lack of experience? Personally I’d rather see them build towards something while taking their lumps with a young guy, than scratch and claw their way to 5-7.
Fagnano would be a little bit of a disappointment speaking honestly.
Given the talent at QB and the buzzz created by some of the young recruits/transfers, it feels like we should be beyond Fagnano.
Bottom line, if he’s under center, and he gets the wins, nobody cares. But if we continue to lose, and still go with QB that looks like high school level ability, it will be painful. Especially with some of the adds at WR.

Reaction Score
Fagnano would be a little bit of a disappointment speaking honestly.
Given the talent at QB and the buzzz created by some of the young recruits/transfers, it feels like we should be beyond Fagnano.
Bottom line, if he’s under center, and he gets the wins, nobody cares. But if we continue to lose, and still go with QB that looks like high school level ability, it will be painful. Especially with some of the adds at WR.
You can’t bring in a recruiting and transfer haul like we have (excellent by UConn standards) and put in a proven dud like Fagnano. Dude could barely win at Maine and it’s an embarrassment to even consider him a feasible option as an FBS QB.

Playing him would be absolutely insulting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom