New 2017 UConn Commit - Santana Sterling (Chandler, Arizona) JUCO | The Boneyard

New 2017 UConn Commit - Santana Sterling (Chandler, Arizona) JUCO

Reaction Score

Santana Sterling is a 6-2 235lb LB from Mesa Community College in Mesa Arizona. Believe he's Class of 2017 but unsure of eligibility @ this point. Originally was Class of 2014 when he graduated Hamilton High School in Chandler Arizona, headed to ASU then then ended up @ Mesa CC where he played last year and two games year before.

Was on campus for a visit Tuesday:
FRENCH SANTANA‏ @SantanaTheGOAT Jun 19
Blessed and thankful to announce I will be taking an official visit to the University of Connecticut tomorrow! @UConnHuskies @UConnFootball

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I assume so but trying to figure that out/confirm... looks like he played only one year @ Mesa.
cool looks like a good pick up either way, would be nice if he's coming in this year though. Thanks to whoever deleted the duplicate thread I made just after this one was posted.

Reaction Score
Much needed for depth purposes at the very least

Reaction Score
Not sure if premium story or not but it appears he has three to play two per RichieS story.

>>One of the main selling points for UConn was the coaching staff and how they set you up for life after football. "They did a good job of making sure we met all the coaches but I spoke with LBs coach and defensive coordinator. They were all very genuine. The coaches were and how willing they are to help with the football aspect of life, but also life after football and setting you up for when football is no longer in the picture,” said Sterling<<

Reaction Score
I know this kid is coming from a juco but, if this helps build a relationship at Hamilton High School this would be huge.

Hamilton is the biggest high school in the state and the premier football school. Hamilton generates multiple D1 recruits on a yearly basis that ASU & other PAC schools have regularly scooped up.

Yes, it's a stretch but, even if this allows us to grab a kid every other year or so, it's an untapped recruiting market for us.

Terrell Suggs is the schools most famous NFL alum. For MLB fans Cody Bellinger is also a grad

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kinda funny, how many of you thought that a kid named Santana was a red-headed white kid? Awesome name! Welcome aboard Carlos!!
Well I thought of this:

Reaction Score
Kinda funny, how many of you thought that a kid named Santana was a red-headed white kid? Awesome name! Welcome aboard Carlos!!
Sadly I thought the same thing when I saw the twitter pictures. I'm ashamed to admit I thought it was a mistake even after watching his hudl tape.

Reaction Score
Some players just have a knack for finding the ball and being at the point of attack. His highlight film shows that. Hope he can play this year with the new 3-3-5. Could compare him to someone local we missed on a few years back but let's see what happens.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

It's worse than that for me. I thought his real name was French Santana (his Twitter handle apparently), so I was expecting him to look like French Stewart... :eek:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is good news for what has become a thin roster spot.

Lets see if they get Amanfo too who has a nice tape.

Reaction Score
Very instinctive in his reads and looks to have good balance/avoidance on sifting through the muck. Interesting.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
This is good news for what has become a thin roster spot.

Lets see if they get Amanfo too who has a nice tape.

How am I this post's first like while every "Welcome Aboard" post has multiple?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Special teams are also heavy in LB types. We need a bunch of guys like this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom