New 2014 Commit in OG/OT Trey Rutherford (6-5 297lbs) | The Boneyard

New 2014 Commit in OG/OT Trey Rutherford (6-5 297lbs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wow weren't we just talking about how the Canada pipeline seemed dry. Looks like a nice pick up. Glad to see Uconn still has a connection up there.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reaction Score
Looks older. Canadian kids always seem to be older and then with Kent....

Does he still get 5 to play 4?

Welcome Trey.

Reaction Score

Welcome Trey.

I hope he's ready next year but welcome aboard!

Reaction Score

Welcome Trey.

Should... PG year doesn't start NCAA clock in football.

Reaction Score
Apparently due to a December birthday he was reclassified when he came to Kent for 2012. So I guess he will be 18 this December and will have had 2 years at Kent.

http://

Reaction Score

Welcome Trey.

Clock doesn't start till you take part in your first practice. Guys have come back after serving time in the military and gotten their time well into their mid 20's. He will definitely get 5 to play 4.

Reaction Score
For what it is worth my cousin plays in a upper-level high school football team in the Quebec City area. They are travelling to see a Pats game this Fall and they chose to go to a Uconn game as well. He went with his Father last year and I guess they enjoyed it so they are bringing the whole team now.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
For what it is worth my cousin plays in a upper-level high school football team in the Quebec City area. They are travelling to see a Pats game this Fall and they chose to go to a Uconn game as well. He went with his Father last year and I guess they enjoyed it so they are bringing the whole team now.

If your cousin commits to another school, I'm putting you on "ignore"... ;)

Reaction Score
Clock doesn't start till you take part in your first practice. He will definitely get 5 to play 4.
Not always for guys from the Great White North. I don't know the precise rules, but players who attended a not unusual 13/14th year of school in Canada sometimes are ineligible for a full 4 seasons in 5 years. I suspect the extra year may sometimes include university-eligible credits, but someone else will have more of a clue.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not always for guys from the Great White North. I don't know the precise rules, but players who attended a not unusual 13/14th year of school in Canada sometimes are ineligible for a full 4 seasons in 5 years. I suspect the extra year may sometimes include university-eligible credits, but someone else will have more of a clue.

We have definitely had Canadians who didn't have 4 years of elig. I think BL has explained the rule in the past.

Reaction Score
He must have had a 27 pound breakfast. Yesterday listed at 270 now up to 297. welcome to UCONN. Enter the weight room and get ripped.

Reaction Score
Because he got reclassified and turns 18 this December I'd bet he gets 5 for 4.

Reaction Score
We have definitely had Canadians who didn't have 4 years of elig. I think BL has explained the rule in the past.

Martin Bedard immediately comes to mind.

Reaction Score
He must have had a 27 pound breakfast. Yesterday listed at 270 now up to 297. welcome to UCONN. Enter the weight room and get ripped.

All 3 Recruiting Sites (Rivals/247/Scout) have different weights - the interview from May 26th has 297.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I believe it is due to age when enrolled. We have had a couple over the years who were only eligible for four football seasons in four years and one or two who only had three years eligibility but could take that over four years.

Reaction Score
JB has a nice article on TOS:

>>"What made me choose Uconn was many factors, such as the coaching staff, academics, program, facilities and a chance to to play Division 1-A football right away," said Rutherford, who is currently 6-foot-5 and 290 pounds.

While Rutherford is excited about the entire coaching staff, two specific members took a great deal of their time to ensure his arrival. "Coach DeLeone and Coach Pasqualoni were in frequent contact with me, expressing how I could make a significant impact on the program right away," he said. "Coach DeLeone was my primary recruiter and I think he is fantastic and truly wants the best for me and UConn."<<

Reaction Score
More info on TR from JF:

NHRJimFuller 10:00am via TweetDeck
Veteran Kent coach Todd Marble raves about #UConn commit Trey Rutherford
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/08/kent-coach-raves-about-latest-uconn.html

>>"He is a great kid, he is young (17) and he can develop even further," Marble said. "He has a big body, he has great athleticism, speed, movement and loose hips for a kid his size. He has great work ethic so he is a kid with a great future. He had a lot of options and I am really excited that he chose UConn. It was because of the coaching staff and George DeLeone in particular that drew him to UConn. We are excited for him. He is a great kid. He works hard in the classroom, is a leader, has great work ethic and really is just beginning to realize his potential.">>

Reaction Score
Ignorant question here, but do Canadian HS's play Canadian football rules or American? Obviously naive to this, but I'd imagine they would play CFL style.

Reaction Score
Ignorant question here, but do Canadian HS's play Canadian football rules or American? Obviously naive to this, but I'd imagine they would play CFL style.

Both... Only British Columbia plays American rules in high school. The rest of Canada plays 3 downs Canadian rules minus a couple of conferences in Ontario that haven't switched totally yet. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia are fully Canadian rules.

When we were in Toronto for the International Bowl - we went to see the Canadian High School Play-offs. Weird to see the third down punts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom