Never Mind The 'Ifs,' UConn's Porous Defense Is The Bigger Issue (Jacobs) | The Boneyard

Never Mind The 'Ifs,' UConn's Porous Defense Is The Bigger Issue (Jacobs)

Reaction Score
Never Mind The 'Ifs,' UConn's Porous Defense Is The Bigger Issue

>>"The communication is not good," Edsall said. "There are some young guys back there in secondary. We've got to find a way to get them to have a little more confidence. If you're a DB, you've got to think you're pretty good. You've got to play with a little bit of swagger. You can't play timid back there. You can't play scared. At halftime, I told them that some of them are playing on their heels.

"But you've got to be technically sound. We learned a little bit more about our guys today that schematically we'll do to help them. The lack of communication, the miscommunication that takes place will lead to those plays. That's the stuff that has got to stop. It's my job as head coach to get it straightened out."<<

>>"Lord have mercy," Diggs said when asked about those total yards. "How am I going to say this? A lot of teams now want to spread you out and run the ball. As a defense, it's kind of hard to keep up with everything. But at the end of the day, you've got to do what you do well.

"For us learning a new system, we've got a lot of young guys playing, I don't want to make any excuses. That's not what I do. We took a loss. Got to take it like a man. But it's up to us older guys to set the standard, especially myself. … I didn't show up in the first half."

Diggs kept taking blame himself. The truth is there was so, so much defensive blame to pass around.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom